Results - 3200 FUT into front third with Scott Alexander

17 minutes ago, baldforalongtime said:

Thanks for the feedback...and I agree. I comb it wet, using Rogaine foam as the holding agent. I then let it dry; followed by brushing it out to break up the clumps. I still get the bunched hairs and see through to the scalp.

I've thought of going shorter again to try to get better shingling. What wax do you use? I'll try it and take pictures.

I towel dry my hair completely dry, then I apply rogaine foam and massage it into the scalp until it’s completely dry. I then let my hair continue to dry out and acclimate while I shave. 

then after that I put a small amount of wax in my hair, then work it evenly through my hair, and kind of tossel it/tease it to get the volume. Then from there I add a part with my comb then style it with my hands. 

this is the wax I use: TIGI Bed Head for Men Matte Separation Workable Wax, 3 Ounce https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002N5MI2S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_EOibGbEVYJHRD?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

2 minutes ago, deitel130 said:

Is the wet pic styled with gel? The results are still really good. Especially with the dry hair pic. I normally stay away from wet styling products, anything too heavy or anything that will clump hair together. 

My wet pic above is just water, then I ran a comb through it. No gel or anything. 

1 minute ago, baldforalongtime said:

The difference is amazing. Amazon is delivering the wax and I'll post a picture.

Awesome I hope it helps! Another thing I use a thickening conditioner. I wasn’t initially sure if it was truly working, but if I don’t use it for a couple days I notice my hair looks less fuller. This is the one I use:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0752GR3ZM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_mbCbGb75E3GQV

It definitely looks way thicker in the mid top region. The front is a bit too tossled so it’s allowing some skin to come through. Since your front is thinner, maybe do the same thing you did, but then also take a comb to it to straighten and tighten it up like before? So it would the the same style and combing as when it was wet, just dry it and use wax. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Initially I didn't feel it is great result, since half of the forum usually do the surgery at early stage, but then I checked your first photos and number of grafts and I was like holy molly this is actually amazing.

Neat hairline and acceptable thickness. You look like you are balding which IMHO is perfectly fine but it is framing your face and overall you look very good. 

Great work, you should be happy with such work