Clinic for a 2nd HT - HDC, Eugenix, HLC Turkey or other?

Hey everyone, 

I'm looking to have a second hair transplant to fix my hairline and add density to it as well as the mid-scalp, both of which were tackled in my first procedure using 3400 grafts. If my donor allows it, I'll add some hair to the crown along with some body/beard grafts. I lost all my terminal hair and the result looks very thin now which is why I want to proceed with a second transplant. 

I'm a NW5 and will probably be a NW6 very soon. 

Which clinic do you mostly recommend for such a job? HDC, Eugenix (both recommended here), HLC Turkey or someone else? Please also mind the price - I'm willing to pay a maximum of 2.5 EUR/graft. I need a surgeon who is ethical and confident that he/she will achieve good results and will repair my case without over-harvesting the donor. I believe this will be the most important procedure of my journey. 

Thanks 

Previously KLHT

• Administrators

For your situation I would recommend Eugenix, they have a huge portfolio on Norwood 5+

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Being a Norwood  6/7 and Having had 2 Successful Hair Transplants with Eugenix, I Recommend Dr Sethi and

Dr Bansal.  They repaired my first Hair Transplant hairline and density through the use of Scalp and Beard Hair.

@KHT2 if you are a high norwood you should follow the advice other members gave you and go to Dr. Arika at Eugenix. She charges 1.8€/graft with tax. If you want Dr. Sethi the price goes up to 3.6€/graft with tax (pricey).

@Melvin-Moderator Thanks for your feedback. I also wanted to know your opinion about manual vs. motorized FUE. Do you think it makes that much of a difference as to which method I choose? The reason why I mentioned HDC and HLC are because they do manual FUE. I would also like to know whether applying Minoxidil 5% to my transplanted hairline and midscalp does make a difference or does it do more harm than good?  I currently only apply it to the crown. 

@Niko1 Hi Niko1, I think I am in the exact same situation as you are. I had the chance to look at your results and they are quite impressive! Which package did you choose? I think they now have slightly different packages. Can you detail who did what during your procedure? Second, I want to ask whether you are satisfied with your donor area - I believe it is a bit over-harvested. Did they mention that it would end up like that and were you okay with it?

@Portugal25 Thank you for your feedback!

Previously KLHT

• Administrators
1 hour ago, KHT2 said:

@Melvin-Moderator Thanks for your feedback. I also wanted to know your opinion about manual vs. motorized FUE. Do you think it makes that much of a difference as to which method I choose? The reason why I mentioned HDC and HLC are because they do manual FUE. I would also like to know whether applying Minoxidil 5% to my transplanted hairline and midscalp does make a difference or does it do more harm than good?  I currently only apply it to the crown. 

@Niko1 Hi Niko1, I think I am in the exact same situation as you are. I had the chance to look at your results and they are quite impressive! Which package did you choose? I think they now have slightly different packages. Can you detail who did what during your procedure? Second, I want to ask whether you are satisfied with your donor area - I believe it is a bit over-harvested. Did they mention that it would end up like that and were you okay with it?

I will quote the great Dr. Konior:

The mostly useless topic of manual versus motorized should be relegated to the trash heap.  It may have held relevance at some point in time, but it means little today.  Patients should also be leery of dogmatic statements made about how an individual conducts his or her practice as the only person who can provide definitive detail as to what is done and how it’s done is the surgeon himself.  The fact is that I use multiple devices for extracting grafts, with the device of choice depending on the situation at hand.  There are days when a motorized technique is best and days when a manual technique is best.  There are days when a straight-wall trephine is best and days when a flared-wall trephine is best.  There are days when a straight-edge trephine is best and days when a serrated-edge trephine is best.  This argument reminds me of guys arguing which is better, a straight-edge screwdriver or a Phillips screwdriver.  Of course the answer is that it depends on the situation at hand.  Also remember, there are some talented surgeons who can use every technology effectively and some who, despite having the best of the best instruments, can’t extract quality grafts on a consistent basis.  When it’s all said and done, it’s not the instrument that matters as much as the surgeon choosing the instrument to use for the situation at hand.  

If you place the world’s finest and most expensive Steinway piano in front of most people, very few would be able to generate a beautiful song.  On the other hand, place one of the world’s top five pianists in front of a Walmart special keyboard and you will probably hear some darn good tunes.”

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

5 hours ago, KHT2 said:

hey KHT2

Price should NOT be the Deciding Factor in Regards to a Hair Transplantation.  In my case Both Dr Sethi/Bansal did Most of the Important Parts from Planning, Incisions and Extractions while their Technicians Placed the grafts. Its a Different Process compared to FUE,  Grafts are extracted and placed within Minutes and Graft survival is Higher. To answer your question I cut my hair short with a 0.5 Straight Blade on the back and sides and feel its not that noticeable after 8850 extracted grafts. In my pics 20cm close up you can see scarring but at 1 meter distance in natural sunlight no chance, (Pale Skin and Hair Colour/contrast Helps)  I'm happy with my Results and Donor and planning another small touch up procedure with Eugenix. 

Edited by Niko1
  • Like 1

@Melvin-Moderator Convincing enough! I also kindly ask for your opinion on the Minoxidil part. 

@Niko1 I agree with you - price should not be the deciding factor. I'm looking to opt for the Comprehensive and Exclusive Package which is 120 Rs/graft and it is within my budget. However, if I want to go for the Premium Package, then there are a lot of other world-class doctors who are much closer to where I live and offer the same price. Going to India would be a long trip but I'm willing to do it for Eugenix as they are producing great results. Which package did you choose? Are you on any medications? And do you have any pictures of your donor with longer hair? Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated!  

Previously KLHT

• Administrators

Minoxidil is worth a try in the hairline, it definitely wouldn’t harm anything, but you have to wait some time after surgery, before you can apply it again.

View my thread

• 1 month later...

@KHT2 I had my HT repair at HDC by Dr. Maras and I am more than happy, I was NW4.

NW 5-6 is pretty high and should be carefully exam your donor area, we also take grafts from the beard.

I am the offical representative of HDC, you are welcome to consult with me on private.

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.