Dr Diep vs H&W

Der3k7

In your case, I think I'd be probably be heading to H&W. No doubt, Dr Diep has some pretty impressive results come through but I think considering you've already had around 7500 FUE grafts extracted, managing any remaining donor is going to be a crucial part of any further procedure imo. I'm not always a fan of how Diep's donor areas look afterwards and believe he uses a bigger punch which may not be in your best interests seeing as you have your hair short at the back and sides and have already had 7500 odd grafts removed from the donor area.

H&W does solid consistently great work. But at this point you already had a procedure with a robot extracting your grafts, you then had a procedure with technicians extracting and placing your grafts. This is pretty much your last shot to get it right. If I were you I would also consider a doctor who is heavily involved in the whole procedure including extractions, incisions and the placement process. There are only a few in North America that I know of that operate like this. 

6 minutes ago, Sam818 said:

H&W does solid consistently great work. But at this point you already had a procedure with a robot extracting your grafts, you then had a procedure with technicians extracting and placing your grafts. This is pretty much your last shot to get it right. If I were you I would also consider a doctor who is heavily involved in the whole procedure including extractions, incisions and the placement process. There are only a few in North America that I know of that operate like this. 

So you'd suggest Diep over hw?

I'll continue to do more research on posted results between the 2 clinics 

Edited by Der3k7

No not at all...H&W over Diep if I were you. My point was that both those clinics...the doctor is either not involved in one or more critical aspect of the procedure. With Diep it is the graft placement process...with H&W it is the extractions and the graft placement process. This is taking nothing away from the techs at H&W who by all accounts do outstanding work and are probably better at their jobs then most clinics. 
     All I’m saying is because especially because you need to make every graft count at this point, I would in addition to H&W consider one of the doctors with a heavily involved approach and see who I’m more comfortable with. 

Konior is heavily involved and is highly ethical. Other docs in North America that stand out like that are Dr. Gabel and Dr. Cooley. Research their results and surgery protocols and if possible you should try and get evaluated in person just to get a trustworthy opinion. Then you can see who you’re most comfortable with.

Just to clarify so I’m being real with you. I haven’t had  procedure done by any of these doctors. I don’t like it when guys on this forum start throwing out names of doctors they’ve never had a procedure done with but because of your unique situation I’m trying to tell you to be cautious. I had a shitty procedure done by a non recommended doctor in LA. I have done extensive research and met with one of those doctors I recommended to you to get his opinion though and spoke to patients that went to him. It’s always better to speak to real patients of doctors and if possible go in for an person evaluation before scheduling the procedure and get a feel for the doctor and his surgical protocol.  Then you can decide to go with H&W or another doc. I wish I had done that kind of research before my procedure.

Edited by Sam818

• Administrators

I’d include Dr. Gabel in your research as well, remember look for real patient posted results. Both H&W have a ton of reviews here, so be sure to reach out to patients.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

I've seen the donor of patients from him after they're healed and they look fine 

My donor looks fine and countless others, even those skeptical say their donor looks okay. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Just now, Der3k7 said:

I've seen the donor of patients from him after they're healed and they look fine 

That's what seperates diep from other doctors his marketing is top notch and his youtube videos will blow your mind, do more research on the forum, there are around 8 patients I have seen that had the same issue with donor..

3 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

What happens to their donor?

There is a patient today that posted the same issue, I posted the link above, he struggles with donor management, even with small cases some guys end up with patchy areas in donor, he uses a large punch and sometimes does the extractions on 1 area instead of spreading them which causes this, he does hit some home runs from time to time but I would not consider going to him, 2 patients today posted the same thing and you already had 7000 grafts done so you have no room for error, either way good luck

21 minutes ago, Abi28 said:

There is a patient today that posted the same issue, I posted the link above, he struggles with donor management, even with small cases some guys end up with patchy areas in donor, he uses a large punch and sometimes does the extractions on 1 area instead of spreading them which causes this, he does hit some home runs from time to time but I would not consider going to him, 2 patients today posted the same thing and you already had 7000 grafts done so you have no room for error, either way good luck

I took a look at that. Damn. Jesus. I wish it was just as easy choosing a hair transplant surgeon as it was for my nose job. This is so annoying. 

Although hw does not have nearly as good marketing as diep...are there any known consistent issues with results that come from hw on this forum?

Edited by Der3k7

• Administrators

0.9 and 1mm

View my thread

17 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

I took a look at that. Damn. Jesus. I wish it was just as easy choosing a hair transplant surgeon as it was for my nose job. This is so annoying. 

Although hw does not have nearly as good marketing as diep...are there any known consistent issues with results that come from hw on this forum?

H&W are more consistent imo, I haven't seen any donor issues from them. Honestly the thing I have learned from doing research over the past few years is that every surgeon has bad results, you could go to the best doctor in the world and end up with average results. 

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

Dude I can literally list off a dozen patient reviews and results on this forum from both surgeons. You’re in good hands either way, be weary of dogmatic responses, especially from members who clearly favor Turkish surgeons.  

Don’t take my word for it, use the advanced search page and reach out to actual patients, who’ve shared their journey. Take a look at everything, send PM’s, the last thing you want to do is take some random forum members post as gospel, not even my own. Use the collective wisdom of our community.

View my thread

5 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Dude I can literally list off a dozen patient reviews and results on this forum from both surgeons. You’re in good hands either way, be weary of dogmatic responses, especially from members who clearly favor Turkish surgeons.  

Don’t take my word for it, use the advanced search page and reach out to actual patients, who’ve shared their journey. Take a look at everything, send PM’s, the last thing you want to do is take some random forum members post as gospel, not even my own. Use the collective wisdom of our community.

That post he linked tho with the pictures of that guys hair from diep and the thing with diep blocking him. Don't you find that a bit sketchy? I know you went to diep...did you have a great result? I really like dieps YouTube videos and he posts them every Friday. I haven't heard any bad things about hw but I'm not as impressed with the results I see from them. Some are impressive but I've seen more wow results from diep. 

If I were to go to diep I would tell him I demand that he harvest my donors homogeneously. All from one spot is dumb. 

Edited by Der3k7

9 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

That post he linked tho with the pictures of that guys hair from diep and the thing with diep blocking him. Don't you find that a bit sketchy? I know you went to diep...did you have a great result? I really like dieps YouTube videos and he posts them every Friday. I haven't heard any bad things about hw but I'm not as impressed with the results I see from them. Some are impressive but I've seen more wow results from diep. 

If I were to go to diep I would tell him I demand that he harvest my donors homogeneously. All from one spot is dumb. 

Have you considered Dr Bruno Ferreira, I have heard a lot of good things about him on this forum, send him a consultation.