Who are top 5 best hair transplant docs in Turkey and India?

Walter

Who do you guys think are the top 5 hair transplant docs in Turkey and India?

Which place will do a better job Turkey vs India?

Also any thoughts on DHI (direct hair implantation) vs FUE and implanting using forceps? 

Any thoughts on FUSE (Dr. AP's technique)? What is it exactly?

If you are a norwood 6, would you go for FUT instead of FUE?

Thanks

Hi @Walter..

Good question and I suppose if we all could wave a magic wand and find out exactly who is the best graft for graft we all would be making an airplane flight directly to where he or she is located .

I've been researching HTs on and off since 2012..I've came across some really well regarded Docs who have excellent ethics and have much got the patients interests in mind ...BUT ..at the end of the day the results were only OK...

Without over generalising pretty much any half decent HT physician can adequately restore a NW 4 downwards to NW 2/1.. what most people who are in search of gold standard hair restoration are seeking in my view is the clinic that can give optimum results to your NW 5 and up patients who are also are not blessed with good or above average donor ..

After much research I decided to have my procedure done with Doctors Sethi and Bansal and their dedicated team @Eugenix in December last year ..

I'm my view ..if you're a high NW around average donor and want maximum bang for your buck as regards restoring your original hair situation.....I'd save yourself a lot of time and effort researching and simply what's app your pics over to the team @eugenix for evaluation.

I'm thrilled the way my doner healed within a matter of days ..no Swelling..no pain ( and I'm honest when I say that ) after having 5600 scalp grafts extracted ..my total was a 7000 graft procedure. 1400 beard grafts were also extracted .

The recovery in my case was super quick due to the super refined technique used by the team .( DHT)..

I came home to Dublin via Istanbul a few hours after my final procedure and their were many what I would say we're " price driven " patients with scary looking procedures on their head .  Never source a procedure based on price .

I overheard a lady sitting just behind two guys on my flight home to Dublin ..they had procedures done in Turkey ..and in her innocence asked " Sorry ..have you 2 been in a car accident ?"...as they're was dry concealed blood along each of their foreheads whilst also wearing big bandages ... That's not a scenario you'll be met with @Eugenix

To answer your question

The 🏆 goes to all the team@eugenix India .. particularly so if you are a NW 5 or above .. 

Send those pics today ... 👍

Hope this helps 

Z

• Thanks 1

@Walter it`s true that Turkey is the world capital of botched hair transplants and that is because there are hundreds of all inclusive low cost Hair Clinics where surgery is performed by technicians.

Turkey also home of some of the best FUE Doctors in the world such as Dr. Keser (3,5€/graft), Dr. Pekiner (2.15€/graft) and HLC (2,7€/graft). These 3 are the best and for me the only options in Turkey.

These 3 Doctors are all performing the entire surgery with manual extraction of grafts and implanting manually using stick&place which is the same technique used by the most well known FUE Doctor in the world Dr. Raymond Konior (8US/graft).

Eugenix (1.8€/graft with Dr. Arika or 3,8€/graft with Dr. Sethi/Dr.Arika) is getting great results. In India they are by far the best choice and for me they are the only choice in India.

Edited by Portugal25

Hello @Walter  

I commend you on doing your detailed research , as it will greatly benifit you making your decision.

As we know one has to be extremely careful in their research , especially regarding Turkey. There are so many black market FUE clinics causing so much harm and pain, both physically and mentally to patients.

I spent 6 years researching where the best doctors and clinics were in the world for my own Hair Transplantation. I studied and had consultations with a number of clinics . When I studied Eugenix in India and compared them to others around the globe I was really impressed with everything about them. Hence  I decided to have my HT with Dr.Pradeep Sethi and Dr. Arika Bansal at EUGENIX.

Results by Eugenix shown here on the forum are outstanding. The two founding doctors Dr.Pradeep Sethi and Dr.Arika Bansal are highly skilled with excellent doner preservation while at the same time creating optimum density with a great artistic design and very natural hairlines. At this early stage of my HT journey I am extremely satisfied with the current result. 

Dr. Sethi and Dr. Bansal invented the DHT method, Direct Hair Transplantation. This is the most advance technique of Hair Transplantation,  where grafts are extracted and simultaneously implanted at the same time. This method ensures that grafts out of body time are kept to a minimum which in turn allows a lot more grafts to survive .This technique has been proven to deliver outstanding results for so many patients. You can see all these results for yourself on this forum , YouTube, and also on the Eugenix website.

In my opinion the cost of a HT should not be one of the main initial considerations where possible when conducting your research.  Although I understand everyone has a budget. Eugenix prices are really competitive for the quality delivered , compared to others that are showing inferior results in my opinion. 

Dr.Pradeep Sethi and Dr.Arika Bansal are very highly regarded in the HT industry, while being active members of several HT organisations around the globe. Dr.Arika published many papers , and both doctors co wrote the book Step by Step Hair Transplantation. This book has proven to be a great learning tool for so many doctors in the HT industry. Both doctors have been asked and have given lots of talks and discussion on the subject of Hair Transplantation to educate other doctors on their skill and knowledge. As we have seen on this forum , and elsewhere, they are experts in dealing with extreme cases of baldness .

The very well know Hair Transplant mentor Joe Tillman regards Dr.Sethi and Dr.Bansal very highly, and has accepted them into his highly recommended clinics for Hair Transplantation. Joe Tillmans criteria for acceptance is very strict.  Only the best of the best doctors are accepted. Joe has his own reputation to look after, and he turns far more clinics away than he accepts. For example just some of Joes strict criteria are ,  doctors must be showing exceptional results and doing it consistency . Doctors must be showing very natural temples, and hairlines with great density. Crown work has to be exceptional. Many doctors cant ,or wont do crown work as it such an art. Another strict criteria of Joes is doctors must be experts in carrying out repair work. 

As a member of this informative forum , where I gained so much knowledge, and now with the experience as being a patient myself, I would highly recommend Dr.Pradeep Sethi and Dr.Arika Bansal at EUGENIX India.

Just a final thought,

" Doing it right costs less than doing it over again "

For your information I have attached Joe Tillmans video, hope it helps.

........................Paddy....................

2 hours ago, paddyirishman said:

The very well know Hair Transplant mentor Joe Tillman regards......has accepted them into his highly recommended clinics for Hair Transplantation. Joe Tillmans criteria for acceptance is very strict.  Only the best of the best doctors are accepted. Joe has his own reputation to look after, and he turns far more clinics away than he accepts. 

The only two criteria I can see are: a)They are IAHRS, and b)They pay him.

To be fair he does say on his site it is not a 'recommended list'.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

16 minutes ago, 1978matt said:

The only two criteria I can see are: a)They are IAHRS, and b)They pay him.

To be fair he does say on his site it is not a 'recommended list'.

Exactly. He talks about reviewing their protocols including blood born pathogen prevention but that’s all bs. He’s not even certified to audit those types of things. He has some great doctors on his list but a few untrustworthy ones

• Like 1

3 hours ago, paddyirishman said:

Joe Tillmans criteria for acceptance is very strict.  Only the best of the best doctors are accepted. Joe has his own reputation to look after, and he turns far more clinics away than he accepts. For example just some of Joes strict criteria are ,  doctors must be showing exceptional results and doing it consistency . Doctors must be showing very natural temples, and hairlines with great density. Crown work has to be exceptional. Many doctors cant ,or wont do crown work as it such an art. Another strict criteria of Joes is doctors must be experts in carrying out repair work. 

The above is some of Joe Tillmans strict criteria for acceptance.  If it wasnt for this strict criteria he would have many many more clinics on his highly recommended list for Hair Transplantation.

Paddy

4 hours ago, paddyirishman said:

The above is some of Joe Tillmans strict criteria for acceptance.  If it wasnt for this strict criteria he would have many many more clinics on his highly recommended list for Hair Transplantation.

Paddy

Joe Tillman is basically the prodigy of Spencer k. Spencer’s IAHRS is a scam and he’s pretty clueless regarding transplants himself. Half of the iahrs doctors I would run away from. These organizations and “approvals” mean close to nothing nowadays. It’s forums like this that I feel make the biggest difference in terms of knowledge.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, 911fan said:

That seems kind of harsh. He has years of experience inside of clinics. He's not one of the Youtube guys that had a surgery and decided to start making videos. He was at H&W for over ten years. In one email exchange I had with him he told me he was a tech in a hospital burn unit years ago before he got into the hair world so combined with his HT clinic experience, he probably has a good idea of how a clinic should operate. I don't see any sort of scamming when he's not selling anything anywhere on his website or his YouTube channel, and he is literally talking people out of having surgery. I've heard him and Spencer do that on their show too.

I def think joe Tillman is one of the good/better guys in this industry. Spencer....not so much. I’ve read posts from way back in the days before forums even existed and there were newsgroups (one was called alt.baldspot which google has historically saved) and Spencer started there. He was a looney guy even in those days. Really weird and all about $.

joes knowledge about transplants trumps all the YouTube guys out there and he even knows more than Spencer (who is the president of the iahrs lol). But at the end of the day these guys are sitting in their nice ass homes in Vancouver and LA driving luxury cars. They didn’t get it from strictly being patient advocates. Yes, they have some great doctors on their lists. But I’d hate for newbies coming onto here thinking the iahrs or recommendation from joe Tillman cannot do them wrong. Lots of better options out there. Patient education is key and that’s where forums like this fill in that gap 

Edited by LonelyGraft

5 hours ago, LonelyGraft said:

Joe Tillman is basically the prodigy of Spencer k. Spencer’s IAHRS is a scam and he’s pretty clueless regarding transplants himself. Half of the iahrs doctors I would run away from. These organizations and “approvals” mean close to nothing nowadays. It’s forums like this that I feel make the biggest difference in terms of knowledge.

I watched a few minutes of one of their recent shows, it was boring as hell and SK was literally begging people to call in.. I think it's passed its expiration date.

9 hours ago, paddyirishman said:

Paddy

He doesn't have a 'highly recommended list'.

Edited by 1978matt
  • Like 1

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• Administrators
5 hours ago, LonelyGraft said:

Forums like this are important, because of real patients sharing their genuine reviews, with no incentives. We have always been transparent, yes we have our recommendations, and yes they sponsor the forum. That said, I have and will always say that learning from unbiased patients trumps any "mentor" or "guru" because it's raw, unfiltered and real.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Let's face it, most men don't like being bald. Baldness can make one look older and less suave. The industry to cure it attracts lots of charlatons, snake oil salesman, and faux cure peddlers. If there was a magic elixir, we would be all over it.  Hair transplants work---I am living proof as does propecia/minoxidil. Just like in any field,, there are good, bad and so-so practitioners. Doctors come in all flavors, too. Since there is no AMA board specialty for hair transplants and it is basically elective cosmetic surgery, you get plastic surgeons, dermatologists, family practitioners, and ER doctors doing it----and god knows what you get abroad. The credentialing organizations in this field run from pure marketing groups to peer and patient reviewed--the whole gamut. This Forum makes an effort at transparency. Melvin is a great moderator--sensible, realistic and knowledgeable.  It still has a financial stake in protecting its sponsors; that is understandable as they are paying the freight and there can be ungrounded, unfair and damaging attacks. At the end of the day, the good information here and the dialogue allows someone who suffers from baldness to make a more informed decision.  I feel for the many capable and conscientious doctors who get tarnished by the broad brush of unethical behavior that unfortunately exists. Joe T, Spex and Spencer are all trying to make a living in this field---nothing wrong with that if they are putting consumers first. I have benefited greatly from all of their combined wisdom, and from the Forums. Luckily, I was able to choose well because like any other surgery, it is hard to undo once done. Keep the good stuff coming....

• Like 1

On 2/11/2020 at 5:35 AM, Portugal25 said:

@Walter it`s true that Turkey is the world capital of botched hair transplants and that is because there are hundreds of all inclusive low cost Hair Clinics where surgery is performed by technicians.

Turkey also home of some of the best FUE Doctors in the world such as Dr. Keser (3,5€/graft), Dr. Pekiner (2.15€/graft) and HLC (2,7€/graft). These 3 are the best and for me the only options in Turkey.

These 3 Doctors are all performing the entire surgery with manual extraction of grafts and implanting manually using stick&place which is the same technique used by the most well known FUE Doctor in the world Dr. Raymond Konior (8US/graft).

Eugenix (1.8€/graft with Dr. Arika or 3,8€/graft with Dr. Sethi/Dr.Arika) is getting great results. In India they are by far the best choice and for me they are the only choice in India.

What do you think about Dr. AP and his Fuse technique?

Thanks

On 2/11/2020 at 11:16 AM, paddyirishman said:

Hello @Walter  

I commend you on doing your detailed research , as it will greatly benifit you making your decision.

As we know one has to be extremely careful in their research , especially regarding Turkey. There are so many black market FUE clinics causing so much harm and pain, both physically and mentally to patients.

I spent 6 years researching where the best doctors and clinics were in the world for my own Hair Transplantation. I studied and had consultations with a number of clinics . When I studied Eugenix in India and compared them to others around the globe I was really impressed with everything about them. Hence  I decided to have my HT with Dr.Pradeep Sethi and Dr. Arika Bansal at EUGENIX.

Results by Eugenix shown here on the forum are outstanding. The two founding doctors Dr.Pradeep Sethi and Dr.Arika Bansal are highly skilled with excellent doner preservation while at the same time creating optimum density with a great artistic design and very natural hairlines. At this early stage of my HT journey I am extremely satisfied with the current result. 

Dr. Sethi and Dr. Bansal invented the DHT method, Direct Hair Transplantation. This is the most advance technique of Hair Transplantation,  where grafts are extracted and simultaneously implanted at the same time. This method ensures that grafts out of body time are kept to a minimum which in turn allows a lot more grafts to survive .This technique has been proven to deliver outstanding results for so many patients. You can see all these results for yourself on this forum , YouTube, and also on the Eugenix website.

In my opinion the cost of a HT should not be one of the main initial considerations where possible when conducting your research.  Although I understand everyone has a budget. Eugenix prices are really competitive for the quality delivered , compared to others that are showing inferior results in my opinion. 

Dr.Pradeep Sethi and Dr.Arika Bansal are very highly regarded in the HT industry, while being active members of several HT organisations around the globe. Dr.Arika published many papers , and both doctors co wrote the book Step by Step Hair Transplantation. This book has proven to be a great learning tool for so many doctors in the HT industry. Both doctors have been asked and have given lots of talks and discussion on the subject of Hair Transplantation to educate other doctors on their skill and knowledge. As we have seen on this forum , and elsewhere, they are experts in dealing with extreme cases of baldness .

The very well know Hair Transplant mentor Joe Tillman regards Dr.Sethi and Dr.Bansal very highly, and has accepted them into his highly recommended clinics for Hair Transplantation. Joe Tillmans criteria for acceptance is very strict.  Only the best of the best doctors are accepted. Joe has his own reputation to look after, and he turns far more clinics away than he accepts. For example just some of Joes strict criteria are ,  doctors must be showing exceptional results and doing it consistency . Doctors must be showing very natural temples, and hairlines with great density. Crown work has to be exceptional. Many doctors cant ,or wont do crown work as it such an art. Another strict criteria of Joes is doctors must be experts in carrying out repair work. 

As a member of this informative forum , where I gained so much knowledge, and now with the experience as being a patient myself, I would highly recommend Dr.Pradeep Sethi and Dr.Arika Bansal at EUGENIX India.

Just a final thought,

" Doing it right costs less than doing it over again "

For your information I have attached Joe Tillmans video, hope it helps.

........................Paddy....................

Thanks

On 2/12/2020 at 11:03 PM, Walter said:

Thanks

@Walter FUSE is nothing more than a punch that doesn’t go as deep as others and with manual FUE the depth of the punch can be controlled by the surgeon so I don’t see any huge difference between manual FUE and FUSE. 
Regarding, Dr. AP he was a pioneer for BHT but his results are nowhere near as natural as Eugenix that for me are the one and only option in India. 
if you are willing to travel I would advise you to go to @Dr. Bruno Ferreira (2.5€/graft) besides the 3 best options I advised you for Turkey. 

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 1