3 years after 2 hair transplants. Lost hair and receding sides

2 hours ago, dobler said:

I do have them. But it will expose the clinic, which I have nothing against, and I would not like to cause any harm to.

But no way I am the same, trust me. I lost 50-60% of the hairs. My hairline is completely broken, and the graft placement photos indicate a thick new hair line constructed in the 1st HT.

I don't think it's the clinic's fault, otherwise you wouldn't have been happy with your transplant for three years.  The problem lies in whether your scalp is healthy or not.

15 minutes ago, Egy said:

I don't think it's the clinic's fault, otherwise you wouldn't have been happy with your transplant for three years.  The problem lies in whether your scalp is healthy or not.

Exactly. I am not sure what it is in my scalp kills hairs.. even ones from donor zone.

Edited by dobler

7 hours ago, ciaus said:

You are pretty pessimistic when it comes to everything hair restoration, meds are too risky and transplanted hair falls out within a few years. I can understand how having a bad personal experience and reading about some similar situations from some others could lead someone down that road.

But if the meds and transplants were really that bad I would expect to be reading alot more about it here on the forum and elsewhere. And I don't see how clinics could stay in business promising permanent solutions when their work is being nullified within a few years.

My own personal experience is the opposite of yours, and probably more representative of the general patient population. I've had two transplants, the most recent about 10 years ago and I still have the hair from those procedures in my frontal region. And I've been on finasteride too without side effects to help maintain my mid and crown areas.

If there are many forum members here that have had your experience I would need to see a thread started with picture documentation to start to change my mind. Anybody that's been on this forum for a while knows how hair loss in general can play tricks on the mind, all the first time posters with pictures and paranoid stories asking for someone to confirm their suspicion that they are actually losing their hair, etc.

+1

From all the time I have been on this forum I dont think I've witnessed him post a positive comment. When people have been through years of self consciousness and then decide to get a HT which appears to fail, the don't need mr 'I told you so' to pop up and reinforce any negativity. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Richie888 said:

From all the time I have been on this forum I dont think I've witnessed him post a positive comment.

I haven't read all or probably even most of his posts, but thinking about it now I've read enough to agree with you. And I think when you compare his posts with his chosen forum name you can come to some other conclusions about him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Richie888 said:

+1

From all the time I have been on this forum I dont think I've witnessed him post a positive comment. When people have been through years of self consciousness and then decide to get a HT which appears to fail, the don't need mr 'I told you so' to pop up and reinforce any negativity. 

4 hours ago, ciaus said:

I haven't read all or probably even most of his posts, but thinking about it now I've read enough to agree with you. And I think when you compare his posts with his chosen forum name you can come to some other conclusions about him.

I've replied to him on numerous posts on threads such as these within the past couple weeks, with the same exact recycled comments he keeps rehashing about how "hair transplants only last 2 years." It's literally the only thing he consistently comments, and intentionally seeks out posts like these which prove his theory; it's the epitome of confirmation bias.

Hair transplants have been conducted for a few decades now. If they only lasted 2 years as he says, they would not be seen as an even remotely viable option for people, and would instead be regarded as a widespread failure across the board, in every country.

8 hours ago, Richie888 said:

+1

Edited by AB2000

Another interesting thing I am noticing - the way I am thinning now, is pretty much the same way I thinned pre-op.

Means, same pattern, same areas. So again, if it was the hairs (donor zone \ out of zone) to blame - I would expect it to be more random.

The fact that it very much reminds me the way I was thinning back in 2015-2016, just makes it clearer that it's about the recipient scalp area that killed my native hairs, and is killing my transplanted hairs now.

I will soon post some new photos to compare.

Edited by dobler

14 hours ago, deitel130 said:

It may be that native hair present In the recipient area was lost. Another issue could be hair taken from outside of safe zone which varies for each individual. Finally, it could be an issue related to scarring. 

Can you elaborate about the scarring thing? Is that something that can affect growth years after a HT?

1 hour ago, dobler said:

Can you elaborate about the scarring thing? Is that something that can affect growth years after a HT?

Scarring alopecia causes inflammation below the scalp and this damages hair follicles causing hair loss. Unlike MPB where only certain hairs are impacted with scarring it can also damage transplanted hair. The only way to know is by being evaluated by a dermatologist and getting a scalp biopsy.