2042 Grafts with Dr Demirsoy Armamed with pics

Sijac09

Hey guys,

I’ve been reading on and off these forums for a couple years now. It really helped me to make my decision with who to go with in Turkey as we all know it’s a mine field. I thought I’d help out and share my progress journey and try not to disappear towards the end like some people do, which can be frustrating, but can’t blame them as they are obviously happy and forget about their hair. My hair loss may not be that bad, but it has been bugging me for years, so been wanting to get it done for a little while now. 

I’m 31 years old and been having very gradual hair loss since around 21. I’ve been on propecia and Minoxidil for approx 2 years with some loss to my hairline and a very small amount of thinning to my crown.

I booked in with Demirsoy and had my surgery completed  9th January 2020. 

Muzzaffer from the start has been excellent and has answered countless questions from me by email from the start months before my surgery. I was picked up from the airport and taken to the hotel (hotel was brilliant and I’m pretty picky with hotels myself) I upgraded to junior suite for the first night and had a jacuzzi to myself lol. I mainly lived at the hotel and didn’t really leave. I lived off room service which is really good by the way and pretty cheap. 

Anyway next day I was picked up for surgery by Muzzaffer and taken to the surgery place (located within a huge tall building at a very high floor) everything was very clean. After going through necessary paperwork before the operation, I went in to get my hairline drawn up (this bit I fairly quick, so try to have an understanding of what your wanting to achieve and roughly the hairline/where you want it). They helped me to decide not to lower the hairline much as Demirsoy felt it would look unnatural. Muzzaffer is there the whole time to translate as Demirsoy doesn’t speak much English. After Dr Demirsoy accessed my hair and then informed me that I didn’t need anymore than 1500-2000 grafts and I was quoted 2500-3000 grafts from the photos I was sent. Same time I was quite pleased with this as it meant I’ll be coming home with spare money (I paid in cash euros by the way) but I also wanted as much grafts as possible for density at the front. There was only a very small area on the crown that was thin, so Demirsoy covered this area with approx just over 300 grafts and just over 1700 grafts at the frontal area. 

Next steps was to shave the hair and I was dreading this bit as I’ve never shaved my head in my lifetime, then I went on into the surgery room for anaesthetic injections into my donor areas. The injections were the worst bit, but bareable. Some did hurt like a b**ch. After this, we went on to have my grafts taken from my donor area and this felt pretty painless, but probably took a couple hours (this was done by Demirsoy himself). After we broke up for lunch and we then came back after 20 mins for the incisions (also completed by Demirsoy). This bit was also pretty painless. After an hour or so (can’t remember exact timings) they then went on to inserting the grafts after a short break. This last bit of the surgery was completed by his technicians. This was relatively painless and if you felt pain, you could request more anaesthetic injections. I did ask for extra injections about half way through as there was some pain still there. It did get much better, but also started to get very slight stinging towards the end, however decided to just leave the anaesthetic as I was nearing the end. Everything was then completed and Muzzaffer then gave me painkillers to help with the pain as it was starting to get sore which helped hugely with some antibiotics. Afterwards I was thinking what have I done, after looking at myself in the mirror lol. There was some pressure on my head at first and the bandages felt really tight, however this was down to the pressure and eleviated after a few hours as Muzzaffer explained was normal.

Anyway, some before and after photos for you guys below and any queries, just shout me.

B1B65D7E-FE5E-476D-BDBD-53331D3A6180.jpeg

D2BE6167-C802-4B6E-83F1-03671BC6A173.jpeg

21C6C403-EEE6-45B8-A9D9-B0DB20FB4C1B.jpeg

5180E1D9-E544-4A60-91C1-EA6E6B39F9FB.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi mate, I'm sure it will be great.

I spoke to them earlier this year but have had to postpone. Im still looking to go later this year. Is it still 1.25 per graft?

They were pretty conservative when talking about my hairline also. They said they only recommended it could be brought forward 1-1.5cm

3 minutes ago, Marco Van Basten said:

Hi mate, I'm sure it will be great.

I spoke to them earlier this year but have had to postpone. Im still looking to go later this year. Is it still 1.25 per graft?

They were pretty conservative when talking about my hairline also. They said they only recommended it could be brought forward 1-1.5cm

cheers mate. Still 1.25 euros per graft and costs about €200 euro for hotel and transfers arranged by Muzzaffer plus flights on top

15 minutes ago, nightcrawler said:

Looks good and clean. Can you please post some before and after pics made by the clinic? Thanks a lot and happy growing!

Sure mate, I’m just waiting for the clinic to send them through

4 day update: sleeping is going ok, but waking up several times throughout the night. I’ve tied my hands up with a dressing gown tie and this stops me from itching during sleep (saw this tip from someone on this forum). Little, to no pain and swelling has started. This started on forehead from about day 2 and now moved to my eyes today/yesterday. Washing the hair is the best bit during the morning as you do build up sweat and your head starts to get oily. Luckily my missus is a nurse and she’s been really good with this. Been using the cold setting on a hair dryer to dry off at low speed. Am getting itching sensations but holding back and just bearing it. Will get a spray if it gets worse. Back on finasteride as of day 2 and started Biotin also. One more week off work, so hoping it looks relatively normal by then. Hopefully progress is looking ok for day 4? The swelling doesn’t look anywhere near as bad in photos as it does in real life, compared to how I normally look.

56806300-5CE2-4F77-B115-4366001A3607.jpeg

22E0F4E9-4158-40AE-A4F2-727A610F1D72.jpeg

32 minutes ago, 147break said:

Looks good, nice write-up! I was there two days before you. I'll post a thread in a couple of days :)

Cheers! Be interested to see this as we are both at similar times. How many grafts did you have? You happy so far?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2020 at 12:55 PM, Sijac09 said:

Cheers! Be interested to see this as we are both at similar times. How many grafts did you have? You happy so far?

Hey mate, I have just got around to posting my thread. I am happy so far thank you :D 

• Like 1

below is my 2 week update. I removed scabs between day 9-10. Still sleeping on my neck pillow, although I know I don’t have too.

there are some dark bits in my hair but I think that’s where the clippers maybe missed when they cut my hair 

4FA9D6B5-23C3-4CC7-83C6-5A7AA78E8760.thumb.jpeg.30fccc57960382d2f94fcbad9e2eedf8.jpeg

EDA7FBEE-BC4C-4AC6-94D4-016826F42426.jpeg

1 hour ago, Sijac09 said:

below is my 2 week update. I removed scabs between day 9-10. Still sleeping on my neck pillow, although I know I don’t have too.

there are some dark bits in my hair but I think that’s where the clippers maybe missed when they cut my hair 

4FA9D6B5-23C3-4CC7-83C6-5A7AA78E8760.thumb.jpeg.30fccc57960382d2f94fcbad9e2eedf8.jpeg

EDA7FBEE-BC4C-4AC6-94D4-016826F42426.jpeg

Can u share some picture of donor as well to see how that is looking after 14 days or virtually undetectable

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

8 week update below from yesterday. Not much to report but 99% of grafts have shed and it’s just the horrible waiting game now! Having my second hair cut today, however still not touching the top 

C001CC7F-B170-4ECE-ACCD-E7B8200B5484.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Everything is looking good 👍🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 4 weeks later...

006EA193-23D5-4C51-B092-93CCF0D8C01D.thumb.jpeg.7fadd75b1a2a3ef13ad6e76196b0705e.jpegSo today is my 4 month update Guys. What’s your thoughts? In desperate need for a hair cut as sides getting really long for me but growing it out until barbers open again

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So in 1 weeks time I’ll be 5 months post op and thought I’d show you before and after to date. I was a little dubious at first before I had my hair cut today, but pretty happy so far

74F1663D-A61A-4512-8DA1-E2C6DA648B69.jpeg