my 3rd ht with dr feller

Ian..

well... i did it again. my third hair transplant and hopefully this one should be my last one.

i had 1800 grafts placed in the midsection and the crown. ive had a total of 7300 grafts over three hts.

been a while since ive been on the forums, hope you are all well.

fortunately i still have more donor left, dr feller has said i have 2 more sessions of 1200ish grafts.

in dr fellers own words i have enough scalp laxity for 2 people, only downside to that is my scar tends to stretch, i need to keep my staples in for 3 weeks instead of 10 days to try and improve my chances of a small scar, not a problem though, i dont really find the staples too uncomfortable.

check out my web page for pics.

So far, impressive results. I am confident that your 3rd will be your final HT, giving you a full head of hair icon_smile.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

Good luck Ian. Great documentation on your hair loss site. You have come a long way. Im sure that when the results of this procedure grow in. You will arrive at somewhere near where you want to be! Great doc in Feller, and your patience will be rewarded!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Looks great Ian. This should be it. Of course, it is nice to know you have a few thousand in reserve just in case.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

sharptooth, i have buzzed the top to a grade 5 to kinda even it out, i think i will buzz it again after ive had the staples out.

cheers spex,

labrat69, i think my hair is fine and straight, not the best kind of hair for coverage but i think it does make it appear natural.

Love the result and transformation!

Due to your elastic scalp, did your scar stretch the first or second time?

I have a very elastic scalp so I am nervous about this when I go down the H/T route. I'm sure I will have to keep the suture/staples in 3 weeks as well. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Woah, your case really interests me; I have almost the same pattern as you had when you started. I've lost my crown and temples but I still have a strong mid-section like you had and I still have my frontal forelock.

You say you had your first HT at age 24, that's really interesting - at that stage, how long had you been losing your hair and how long had you been taking Finasteride? How exactly did Finasteride benefit you, how long did it work for? I am also losing a bit of ground with Finasteride and although I am a NW3V right now, I think I might be headed for a NW4-5. Weren't you worried about the potential harmful effects of Dudasteride? Did Dr.Feller recommend it for you?

Thanks and good luck, your hair looks outstanding!

Edited by aw33

aw33, i started losing my hair at 20 and stated taking finnesteride at about 22, i used it for about 3 1/2 years, it had slowed the loss for the majority off that time, i switched to DUT because i started to lose ground again.

Anourar, my donor density is good along with very stretchy skin, as for my hair characteristics, its kinda fine/medium caliber and straight .

Congrats on your 3rd and I am sure last surgery, sure it's gonna look great once it grows in.

Edited by Garageland
typo

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Ian

I find your case very interesting due to your age, hairloss pattern, number of surgeries and grafts as well as the duration between the time of your 1st and your 3rd HT.

I'll be monitoring you with curiosity.;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

• 1 month later...

hi, its now been 5 months since my 3rd ht, all is going well, my scar has stretched as it always does but doesn't really bother me.

ill be glad when the growth really takes off, its always difficult to predict the end result ie density etc.

check my website for pics.