Thinking about lasering off my hair transplant grafts

I never cared for the hair transplant i got from a robotic clinic a few years ago. Turns out that the hair transplant bugs me way more than hair loss ever did and I feel as if I learned things the hard way. I just wish I could go back to my previous scalp without any surgery and I would have had way more self-esteem and confidence in myself. Even though it was just fue, my donor area never felt the same and I think I had some nerve damage from the surgery. There is no greater regret in my life. Even with fresh haircuts, I still think I look better without the grafts. Maybe if i grow it out longer I would like it better, but with my normal short haircuts I completely don't care about the grafts. So anyway, I am curious about just lasering off the grafts from that unnatural looking graft hairline. The robot had very poor growth but I don't think I would still be satisfied even if all the grafts grew. This surgery was never for me. Never been so disappointed or let down so much by anything.... would never seriously consider an elective surgery again most likely

Edited by pidda

I’m sorry to hear that bro. I remember your username from a few of the forums. I guess that could be a possibility but I would worry the nearby hairs being harmed. However I don’t know much about laser hair removal. Have u ever considered going to a clinic that specializes in repairs? I’ve seen a few results on this forum recently that have been great. I hope you get this all sorted out

I don't see the point is using any more donor grafts, I already feel completely tapped out of donor, I don't think I have nearly as much donor as I was led to believe. I might just do nothing and move on with my life.

I've talked to other doctors that I've trusted and they recommended that I get no more work done. I don't think getting more grafts would benefit my life whatsoever. This was a complete regret and mistake from day one. It was a very important life lesson, I see the world differently now

Edited by pidda
trying to be nice

I  didn't think pictures would have mattered too much but I can post some for fun. To be honest, when I look at these pictures again (Taken 4+ years postop) I have a strong desire just to shave off the grafts because I HATE how it looks, I think I looked WAY better without the grafts for this haircut. Again, maybe if I grow it out longer maybe it would blend in more but at that point I would have never bothered with the surgery in the first place.

regret1.jpg

regret2.jpg

regret3.jpg

regret4.jpg

regret5.jpg

I hope you realize your pics don't look as disastrous as you make it sound. If you did nothing - except maybe get a different haircut/style - you look fine. If you wanted to go thru a repair process with an excellent top notch doctor, you would not be such a difficult case, especially if you kept the very conservative mature hairline that you have, and possibly both added grafts and re-distributed older ones. Either way, I hope you find a solution that makes YOU feel better about yourself. Like you, we in this community all know how difficult and emotional it is to deal with hair loss, and how it can bring us down. But there are solutions out there even for the worst cases - and you're certainly not in that category. You can easily improve upon what you have .. best of luck to you. 

Thanks for the replies. Once again, using more donor grafts is absolutely not an option for me and I am not at all interested in that. I rather laser off the hairline over adding more grafts to it.

Edited by pidda

Hey man,

Really sorry to hear of your experience and how you feel about it. Obviously, any surgery is your choice and you've made your preferences pretty clear, however, I guess the added value of coming to a forum is that people can give you their opinions based on what they see. Based on your photos, where you haven't had transplanted hair (the 'horseshoe' hairline), the hair looks thick and strong. Based on this, it's highly probably your donor is in better condition than you think. Maybe you're negative experience is clouding your judgement. 

There are some really ethical doctors out there, who only ever go conservative, I'm thinking of someone like Dr Lorenzo in Madrid. He could fill those gaps in for you no problem - you probably wouldn't even need that many. Like other users have said, you could have a free consultation (Lorenzo's consultations are free, he'll examine your donor and give you his honest opinion) and then make your mind up. This could be over pretty soon and you could have a great hairline. 

Whatever you decide, good luck.

Edited by gettingfue

I would see a doc and see what they think. Where are you located? I would not be happy with that either. 

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

If you're dead set on not getting another HT to fill in the hairline and are insistent on lasering off the transplanted hairs, the first thing I would do is spend a couple of months shaving that area on a consistent basis to see if the look is something you'll be happy with. Personally, I think getting a procedure done with a qualified surgeon and filling in the hairline would be a fantastic option - but whatever choice you want to make for yourself is totally fine. Just do a trial run before you make another big commitment. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56