1869 Grafts with Dr. Diep 2/12/19 (33 y/o Caucasian NW3)

22 hours ago, FUEblonde1985 said:

I’m not sure that I’m talking like it’s a botch job. I’m just stating what the results are and the problems I see. Initially I was just happy to have a full hairline but as time has gone on - the issues have started to become more of a problem for me.

Most people who know I had a HT think it looks good and they also agree with the issues I point out. It still looks good because I work around the problems but the fact is there is a significant patch where the grafts seemed to have failed and the hair is definitely not angled correctly. Would some other doctor have done better or worse? No way to know. I’m just not totally satisfied with the outcome and I will go somewhere else next time, presumably with someone that has shown to have more consistent results (and hopefully better trained technicians).

OP, you know there are doctors that will perform your surgery from beginning to end, with no technician touching your head.

Look into traveling to Europe if you can, in my opinion the best FUE doctors are there, unless you have the budget to go to Dr. Konior in Chicago. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BDK081522 said:

@AlexMeister21 just curious as to why you went back to the Diep if you were unhappy with the first transplant. Was it just the lack of density that bothered you or were there other issues such as angle of grafts or healing of the scar?

I didn't do proper research to be honest. I just thought I was one of the guys who needed a second pass to get optimal density. The main reason why I wanted the second HT was to lower my hairline, and I didn't know of too many other surgeons at the time who seemed like they'd be willing to take a less conservative approach. 

21 hours ago, FUEblonde1985 said:

I’m fairly certain the bald spot I had was on my radar around month 4-5 but I just quietly assumed it would catch up but it never did.

Did you notice any reshedding of the transplanted hairs? I feel like in the middle of month 5, it looks like some of my hair near my hairline may had shed again. 

On 5/4/2022 at 4:30 PM, 5BetaReductase said:

He didn’t skimp on price…he went to diep who charges some of the highest rates in the US

Wow, really? I was aware FUE prices have dropped quite a bit as the technology matures and becomes the widely-preferred method, but does anyone know what he's charging these days? I was looking at him as a prospect recently for doing something like OP's HT, or more specifically, almost exactly this or like this.

42 minutes ago, OtherSyde said:

Wow, really? I was aware FUE prices have dropped quite a bit as the technology matures and becomes the widely-preferred method, but does anyone know what he's charging these days? I was looking at him as a prospect recently for doing something like OP's HT, or more specifically, almost exactly this or like this.

For FUE, he was quoting $10/graft about half a year ago. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, AlexMeister21 said:

For FUE, he was quoting $10/graft about half a year ago. 

😮 Holy hell, that is very expensive! Last I checked, typical pricing was more like $3 to $5 per graft for FUT, and more like $6 to $8 per graft for FUE. That's insane; so a relatively mid-sized 1,600-graft FUE job would be upwards of $20,000 all costs included! Oof, I did 1,773 grafts FUT for only like $7,300 about 12 years ago in 2010!

[EDIT] - Although looking at OP's original post in this thread from over 3 years ago, it says he paid ~$16K for this job which was very nearly 1,900 grafts, so maybe he does that thing where it gets cheaper per graft as you buy more..?

Edited by OtherSyde
Facts
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, OtherSyde said:

😮 Holy hell, that is very expensive! Last I checked, typical pricing was more like $3 to $5 per graft for FUT, and more like $6 to $8 per graft for FUE. That's insane; so a relatively mid-sized 1,600-graft FUE job would be upwards of $20,000 all costs included! Oof, I did 1,773 grafts FUT for only like $7,300 about 12 years ago in 2010!

[EDIT] - Although looking at OP's original post in this thread from over 3 years ago, it says he paid ~$16K for this job which was very nearly 1,900 grafts, so maybe he does that thing where it gets cheaper per graft as you buy more..?

Yeah it is cheaper if you have more grafts. I was quoted that price for like 1300-1500 grafts, but I assume it would still be $8+/graft for FUE with him. 

Edited by AlexMeister21
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, AlexMeister21 said:

Yeah it is cheaper if you have more grafts. I was quoted that price for like 1300-1500 grafts, but I assume it would still be $8+/graft for FUE with him. 

Was your first transplant with Diep as well? Seems like your first one whoever surgeon it was didnt go as low as you wanted initially. 

2 hours ago, FUT4000 said:

Was your first transplant with Diep as well? Seems like your first one whoever surgeon it was didnt go as low as you wanted initially. 

Yes, my first transplant was with Diep. I didn't specify how low I wanted my hairline to be during the first transplant, so that was my fault. At the 5-6 month mark of my first procedure, I decided I wanted to lower my hairline because it was still too high for my tastes and I still needed to do combovers to cover my scalp. I like the hairline design I currently have, but I'm feeling pretty iffy about the density. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Guys,

Lets not derail this thread. Please keep this information on your own thread.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

17 hours ago, AlexMeister21 said:

Yes, my first transplant was with Diep. I didn't specify how low I wanted my hairline to be during the first transplant, so that was my fault. At the 5-6 month mark of my first procedure, I decided I wanted to lower my hairline because it was still too high for my tastes and I still needed to do combovers to cover my scalp. I like the hairline design I currently have, but I'm feeling pretty iffy about the density. 

I'm confused, he didn't show you a plan of what he was going to do? What discussions did you share going into the procedure? 

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, HairRun said:

I'm confused, he didn't show you a plan of what he was going to do? What discussions did you share going into the procedure? 

I thought I made it clear. Stop discussing his case on this thread. He has his own thread. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Any more updated photos from Blond___ ? Your procedure was done in 2019, so hopefully that's been enough time (at least 12 months to produce results) 12-14 months is the period we see a full  harvest after a HT 

I'm looking for a So. Cal FUE doctor, not looking for any FUT, in fact, I consider FUT painful and has been a waste of money

I'm curious as to if Dr. Diep, a So. Cal, L.A. doc, is still on his A-game as I might have mine done there, too.

t.i.a.

On 5/7/2022 at 4:55 PM, OtherSyde said:

you mean with Robot technology akin to tech stuff being expensive at the outset and later on decreasing in price? the original poster , username: blond___ said he got about 1700 fue grafts and paid $16k; that's about $9.5 per graft? im wondering about Dr. Diep, also. I wouldn't waste my time with an fut doc here in so. cal

22 hours ago, MichaelfromCalifornia said:

you mean with Robot technology akin to tech stuff being expensive at the outset and later on decreasing in price? the original poster , username: blond___ said he got about 1700 fue grafts and paid $16k; that's about $9.5 per graft? im wondering about Dr. Diep, also. I wouldn't waste my time with an fut doc here in so. cal

Yeah, I basically meant better tools, more advanced and standardized methods, more widespread knowledge of the practice, etc; just the industry maturing in general.

The title of this thread states he got "1869 Grafts" and FUEblone1985 (OP) says in the first post he paid ~$16K, which works out to about $8.56/graft, unless I'm looking at this wrong?