Finasteride Results - 1.5 Years

• Valued Contributor

Just following this thread now and the results of a hair transplant (one that is a state of the art result) would mirror what you have achieved by going down the medication path alone! I would stick with what you are doing religiously!!!! If that means increasing doses, switching to dutasteride  under medical supervision, etc, etc, then stay the course assuming side effects are controllable. A hair transplant is a last resort. Currently you have no scars, no failed procedures, no over harvested donor areas, you are not left as a repair case, etc! Any and all of these scenarios we have all seen too often before. What you currently have, which would be a potential hair transplant candidate's 'dream come true' is a natural looking head of hair!!!!! No hair transplant would surpass what you have in density as well. All the best.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Struggle said:

Hello @hairlossPA, are you still shedding? 

I've been going in a lot of shedding cycles, then regrowth. I currently think I am exiting a shed, and going into the re-growth phase. It's hard to say. I should know more in the next month.

The cycles seem to be getting shorter. Hair is not 100% back from where it was in the first wave, but its still better than baseline at the start.

For what its worth, I have been on finasteride for 2 years and 1.5 months now. I will be posting an update soon.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
19 minutes ago, hairlossPA said:

Update: https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/58261-2561-fut-dr-bloxham/

Got a hair transplant in November. My hairline was just not holding up. Crown still doing well though.

Oh, sorry, I completely missed that. 😮 I guess I'll start following that thread from now on. 😁

What do you mean the hairline was not holding up? 😕 You started losing ground, or you felt like the frontal regions were not matching the regrowth you got behind it?

1 hour ago, UnbaldEagle said:

Oh, sorry, I completely missed that. 😮 I guess I'll start following that thread from now on. 😁

What do you mean the hairline was not holding up? 😕 You started losing ground, or you felt like the frontal regions were not matching the regrowth you got behind it?

started losing ground in comparison to my first regrowth wave. it was still above baseline when I wasnt on fin, but I wanted to really strengthen the hairline and forget about it

2 hours ago, hairlossPA said:

started losing ground in comparison to my first regrowth wave. it was still above baseline when I wasnt on fin, but I wanted to really strengthen the hairline and forget about it

With my experience on Finasteride it helped better with my mid and crown. While on Finasteride my front still thinned but much slower than when I was not on Finasteride.

• 11 months later...