Follow up/weight training.

Knight88

Hello. 

Just an update really and a query about the gym. 

So I’m 2.5 weeks post FUE. 99% of scabs have now come off, the recipient area is looking neat and clean. 

I’m happy with everything so far. I am missing the gym though. I used to go 5/6 days a week and I haven’t been for nearly 3 weeks 🙈

Am I okay to return to weight lifting? What are the concerns at this stage?

Thanks. 

4584DA8D-6FDF-4D57-B02B-5477A3549A4B.jpeg

97654A96-5060-4D3A-9B16-E8D2B8FEDF08.jpeg

After so many weeks you still have 1% scabs?  7 days post op you can wash your hair normally.  Whatever you have left, get in the shower, let them soak and scrub them off! The grafts are under the skin and you can not hurt them.

With regards to the gym......Typically you can resume normal activity 7-10 days post op.  Since you did FUE, there are no concerns of stretching scars, etc.  Go back to the gym all you want.

It seems you are getting early growth. Did you do PRP at the time of the procedure?

Lastly, what medical therapies are you doing?  Rogaine, Propecia, Laser, PRP?  You are young.  And, if you've shown the propensity to lose hair, you will continue doing so.  The donor area is finite and you will eventually run out.

21 hours ago, LaserCap said:

After so many weeks you still have 1% scabs?  7 days post op you can wash your hair normally.  Whatever you have left, get in the shower, let them soak and scrub them off! The grafts are under the skin and you can not hurt them.

With regards to the gym......Typically you can resume normal activity 7-10 days post op.  Since you did FUE, there are no concerns of stretching scars, etc.  Go back to the gym all you want.

It seems you are getting early growth. Did you do PRP at the time of the procedure?

Lastly, what medical therapies are you doing?  Rogaine, Propecia, Laser, PRP?  You are young.  And, if you've shown the propensity to lose hair, you will continue doing so.  The donor area is finite and you will eventually run out.

I’ve literally got 1 scab left and it’s that one that you can see in the picture. The rest have all gone. 

Yes i had PRP at the time of procedure.

haha mr positive there telling me I will lose more hair. I am on propecia and have been for about 4 years. 

Always consult your doctor but you should be fine going back to the gym, especially after two weeks. Your grafts are well intact and safely embedded.  Best of luck to you, keep us posted monthly with photos and updates.  You have lots to look forward to.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

13 hours ago, Markee said:

Dr. Rahal has some serious pre and post op instructions. He says  wait 4 weeks before going back to gym 

Stress's me out just reading through all his instructions 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y54RNvN-aMLfYT3SelO-rRjyaT3QgpxF/view?usp=sharing

Markee is that who you’re going with?

5 hours ago, hairlossPA said:

Markee is that who you’re going with?

I'm seriously considering him  Rahal  is definitely one of the very best HT doctors on the planet and with the exchange rate from Canadian To US Dollar its an excellent bargain 

Hey "Knight88", have you resumed your workouts at the gym?  What did your doctor say?

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

As long as the training isn't super intense, I don't think you're at any risk from working out. Did you reach out to your doctor? The answers really can be as extreme as "mild exercise is okay" to "don't do anything physical for 4 months". It's unfortunate there's such a discrepancy with post-op care, but it's an opportunity to reach out to your doctor for guidance and have them continue to be involved in the post-op journey with you. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

17 hours ago, pkipling said:

As long as the training isn't super intense, I don't think you're at any risk from working out. Did you reach out to your doctor? The answers really can be as extreme as "mild exercise is okay" to "don't do anything physical for 4 months". It's unfortunate there's such a discrepancy with post-op care, but it's an opportunity to reach out to your doctor for guidance and have them continue to be involved in the post-op journey with you. 

Yes I’ve spoken to them. Advice was rest for 15/16 days. Then light weights for a few weeks, building back up to the weights I used to lift. 

Ive been back in the gym 1 week and taking things light weight more reps. Not doing a lot in terms of heart rate and sweat so going to stick with that for a few weeks. 

• 4 weeks later...

Glad you returned to the gym.  Keep us posted with future updates on your surgery.  You should start seeing some good growth in a month or two.