Two FUE Hair Transplants - 5992 grafts - at HDC with Dr. Maras

Seesaw

23 hours ago, Egy said:

Cabbage, blood splashes also on the hand and on the tel you were using?  I don't think this is normal.😳

I have low platelet count and I tend to bleed easy. Also, the clinic said it was not unusual for patients to bleed easier on the second day of the surgery due to higher levels of stress and exhaustion. They were tiny splashes and didn’t scare me much. 

On 12/18/2019 at 1:42 PM, SOW said:

I will follow your progress please post pictures from time to time.

I'm sure you'll have a good result

Sure. 

Here are photos taken immediately after the second day of surgery last week. 

On the first day, 1384 grafts were placed into the crown area. On the second day, 1478 grafts were used to finish filling the crown, and improve density in the mid-scalp, and repair the right side of my hairline, which I’ve pointed to being noticeably higher and less dense in this thread (Dr Maras agreed that it needs some touch-up). 

FE63246A-ADEB-4B86-9DA8-A7CDE579A3E1.jpeg

B28966FA-4333-418E-8888-6E9F37DD7549.jpeg

4DC23D63-B1AC-40F4-B8EB-8679C5BDDC62.jpeg

7 hours ago, karatekid said:

Very nice results! Im considering Dr Maras myself. those results encourage me

Yeah Dr Maras does good work. I also appreciated that he is also very approachable and his bedside manners are top notch. He speaks English fluently and I liked that I could communicate with him directly. I saw Dr Maras multiple times a day during surgery. Even when he’s not the one doing the work, he would occasionally pop by, and he would check on me right before leaving the clinic. I read stories on this form about people who paid handsomely for their surgery and barely saw the surgeon after they drew the hairline. That was not my experience at HDC. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello everyone,

It’s been a little over 4 months since my second surgery and I figured I’d provide an update. Things have progressed well over the last few months. Recovery went as well as I could ask for. 2 weeks after surgery I started playing some tennis and ramped up to my normal activity level by week 4. I started seeing some growth and infill in the transplanted area around a month ago, at 3.5 months post op. At this point, when I leave my house I don’t even bother with hair fibers. From a distance, in photos, and on video calls, hair looks fine but when standing below a light bulb or taking a close-up photo, you can still see plenty of weakness. The area right behind my hairline on the right side, which was touched up in the second surgery, is the weakest now in the frontal third (I pointed to it in one of the photos below). However, my biggest gripe though is that I have an overharvested area above my right ear. It was borderline overharvested after the first surgery, and the doctor still punched a large number from that area. I also included a photo of the donor zone on my right side. 

Photos below are from April 2020

A67884DE-5BE4-4C0E-BE90-E81F2ADDA8BC.jpeg

585EBB83-4F94-4CB8-8BC0-7717CFF614C5.jpeg

122DBA69-96B8-4F51-AA7B-8C831A201184.jpeg

12D048A3-6801-4EF3-8075-5D474D5E41F2.jpeg

BA36CAC2-D463-4EFE-8495-42EA4FFB4944.jpeg

3AADFAFF-21AF-4056-938A-3C14596192BD.jpeg

15 hours ago, SOW said:

Hi,

Any update?

How many Grafts  were implanted in the area of the first surgery ?   

Hi SOW,

I posted an update above. The first surgery was 3130 grafts and the second was 2862. Combined, I had just under 6000 grafts total. 

Thanks for following my progress!

36 minutes ago, SOW said:

Thanks for sharing, I'm sure your hair will fill in the donor. 

My question was how many grafts were implanted as a repair? 

Gotcha... about 800 grafts were added to the area of the first surgery. 

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

Progressing nicely, thanks for keeping us updated.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

21 hours ago, HTHope said:

Your hair characteristics are very good. Did they tell you how many grafts you have available?

Dr. Maras said because my hair isn’t straight, he needed 6000 grafts to cover my baldness. If my hair was straight, we would have needed a lot more. Is that what you meant? 

Yes, unbelievably to me, I was told still have another 2000-2500 grafts for a third surgery if hair loss keeps progressing rapidly, in addition to about 1000 beard grafts. It seems to me that I need a third surgery for density, but I’m not sure I will do that. 

13 minutes ago, Seesaw said:

Dr. Maras said because my hair isn’t straight, he needed 6000 grafts to cover my baldness. If my hair was straight, we would have needed a lot more. Is that what you meant? 

Yes, unbelievably to me, I was told still have another 2000-2500 grafts for a third surgery if hair loss keeps progressing rapidly, in addition to about 1000 beard grafts. It seems to me that I need a third surgery for density, but I’m not sure I will do that. 

No I was just complimenting your hair characteristics bro.

That's a lot of grafts in the bank. Did you mention the small area that you noted as overharvested? What was their response?