hey guys

how does my donor area look?

I've had different responses from different doctors.

some said excellent, others said average. nobody said "below average" but I am curious to know what you think

IMG_5541.thumb.jpg.00970dc32ae0bb67326478993156e3e0.jpg

IMG_5522.thumb.jpg.310e5a369e96e4fe6d767650a16aabea.jpg

IMG_5519.thumb.jpg.a08888d6f9ffab983f701198c88bd37f.jpg

Edited by HarryHonolulu

• Administrators

Average to slightly below average, the second picture shows some lack of density.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Yes twice!

“Good candidate”. “Average donor”. “Signs of miniaturization in lower donor”

Where are you seeing signs of miniaturization in his lower donor area i just can't see it?

Looks like a pretty average normal donor area to me ?

I'm actually not surprised by that assessment about the miniaturization in your 'lower donor'. The third photo does show some thinning in that area, extending upwards from your neckline. Chances are it won't travel up too far, but it's something to think about. I can still see you as a good candidate for a procedure.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Impossible to accurately judge from photos alone. You say you've had two in person consults suggesting you have average/good donor so it sounds like a transplant's certainly an option.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Pics of the donor can be misleading as good as they can look at times. The only way to know for sure is to have the donor area physically examined and evaluated for density by a competent HT surgeon and also to microscopically examine for potential miniaturization issues.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY