Scientists find potential baldness cure

• Administrators

It’s wise to be weary of any drug being touted as a “miracle cure” in fact the compound WAY-316606 was derived from a drug called CsA that has been around since the 1980’s. I read the study and nothing suggested that this drug would work on hair affected by DHT. With that said, it did kick start the growth phase of “healthy hair” it may be something to consider in the future as an adjunct to surgery. If it’s safe to take, it could make it so that results appear in half the time, which is exciting. Read our article here http://www.hairlosslearningcenter.org/hair-loss-news/hair-loss-article.asp?CopyID=2201 I linked the original study in the article if anyone wants to read it.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Wasn't Propecia essentially discovered in the same way, sort of by accident? I wonder what the differences are.

The method of find propecia was the same (i.e. unintended consequence for a treatment unrelated to hair loss), but that is inconsequential for how the drug itself will operate.

• 5 months later...

Markee, be skeptical of anything reported in the media.  Dr. Dean Edell who retired in 2010 goes into media deception in his book Eat, Drink & Be Merry.  He is a master of critical thinking and sorely missed.  He exposed many of the medical farces throughout the years, and tore apart the anit-immunization crowd.  Do you know that got its big push from Lisa Bonet and Phil Donohue on a frigging talk show.  How many children died because of that.  Anyway get your information from respected medical journals.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More