Planning FUE on NW-Va

I am 32 years old, have been losing hair for almost 10 years now. I'm a pattern V-a on norwood scale. I have visited few local clinics about an FUE transplant, but every time I get stuck on what result am I looking for. I have attached my pics here, I understand the limitation of the donor area, but would 2500-3000 grafts be just a drop in the ocean, or will it actually make a difference? I understand my advanced stage of baldness, and will be fine with a conservative hairline. But can a decent density be achieved?

tilteddd.jpg.ca5e6b90adbc59b0975e2a82be32a925.jpg

backkk.jpg.f360936bd26cd9c5a83a14121d2feb77.jpg

backdled.jpg.bf6c61d4e45163394635d4f4fa4fb688.jpg

Edited by Seftest

Your frontal zone would take twice that amount of grafts considering building a new hairline which requires lots of single hair grafts.

You might want to consider wearing a partial system for your crown and concentrate what donor you have for the frontal third zone.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Administrators

2-500-3,000 grafts will rebuild the frontal third. However, you will require another 3,000 to rebuild the midscalp and vertex. Keep in mind, it can take twice as many grafts to fully restore the crown.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

If 3000 grafts yield at at least a 99% survival rate, it can help. But youll need more. It all depends on graft survivals, if you go for 3000 grafts but only 1500 survive, you will be chasing repairs and using up donor. You are basically taking a 50/50 shot at this. Trust me, if you really want to go through with this, you may want to do a small session first to see if any and the count number of grafts that actually grew.

I know far too many repair patients that are stuck at the moment.

So, 3000, focusing on a conservative front line, would be a good start? I'm thinking of getting it done by Dr. Bhatti in Chandigarh, India.

Hi Seftest,

We wish you all the best. If you have any logistical (or any other) questions in regards to getting your HT procedure done at our Clinic, please let us know. We will be happy to help.

Best regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Have you considered doing a bit more research before pulling the trigger? I see that you are located in IL. I would strongly recommend going in for a consultation with Dr. Konior to gain a better perspective on your options. My two cents but I'm of the opinion that one will want the very best when choosing a Doctor who will be modifying one's appearance forever.

Good luck.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 2 weeks later...

Got it done with Dr. Tejinder Bhatti today. Was a very pleasant experience so far. Got 3097 grafts, FUE.

Single: 323

Double: 1987

Triple: 788

Front: 1589

Crown: 1509

Pics attached, will update later.

IMG-20180522-WA0016.thumb.jpg.0d398190530a2b48bdf4dadda7b7c705.jpg

IMG-20180522-WA0018.thumb.jpg.6a1b9c0d7833f4298172118bcce5d95c.jpg

IMG-20180411-WA0010.thumb.jpg.0e272dffe105ec9562c2f7f6cf9babb6.jpg

IMG-20180522-WA0017.thumb.jpg.d1756f6ed683dd9ae2f8e1c970ca3b6f.jpg

Edited by Seftest

Pulled the plug today. Went to Dr. Tejinder Bhatti. Got 3907 grafts done. Was a very pleasant experience. Pics attached, what do you guys think?

How did insert images here?INu95x462zCiOIIh2

Ne1kNyjUNSsAiYGi1

I know about this doctor, he is a good and well known hair transplant surgeon from India.

Dear, your result is awesome using fue method.

Got it done with Dr. Tejinder Bhatti. Was a very pleasant experience so far. Got 3097 grafts, FUE.

Pics attached, will update later.

I've been planning for 1.5 years and you got it all done in one month from your first post to pulling the trigger..well done. I'll be following your progress. My case is slightly worse as I don't have a good donor area as you. But I've been on Fin for 3+ months now and will go for HT next may/june.