Natural high hairline

Hello everyone

I am a 19-year-old boy from Denmark who naturally has a high hair line. It did not affect me very much when I was younger (mentally), however, it has become a very emotional problem for me.I do not like what I see when I look at myself in the mirror and I have no confidence at all.

I often compare myself with my brother who is a lot older than me - he is actually 35 years of age. He has a very normal hair line compared to me. That frustrates me very much - of course there are no hard feelings between me and my brother but I just think it is so unfair.

Therefore, I decided to contact a clinic in Denmark who offers frontal hair line transplant. However, they told me that they wanted me to be at least 25-years-old before they would perform any kind of frontal hair line transplant. I thought that sounded fine but the thing I am most concerned about is that the clinic in Denmark is not qualified enough.

I have read that the doctors in the USA are the most qualified doctors to perform this kind of surgery which is why I have thought about getting my frontal hair line transplant done in the USA.

Lastly thank you all in advance and I hope some of you guys can help me deciding about what I should do.

Best wishes from a very frustrated young man :(

5b32fb6c26aa1_billede1.jpg.9d4b3cf1526b6b09b895e26bc7d8d53f.jpg

5b32fb6c3b1d1_billede2.jpg.851b3f8591a4f27213ae4a55c6d2030b.jpg

5b32fb6c54bb6_billede3.jpg.333707b827a5142214510e34077fce84.jpg

4.jpg.f5c1f423b936608a5488ffe99bb4abcd.jpg

• Administrators

I haven’t heard of any doctors in Denmark to be honest, however this community recommends several high quality doctors in Belgium. First, you should consult with a hair transplant surgeon in person to rule out male pattern baldness. On the top right corner there’s a tab that says “find a surgeon” it shows all of our recommended surgeons in the US and a abroad. If you in fact have male pattern baldness it will be wise to slow further progression through the use of medication. In my opinion, you shouldn’t be making any life altering choices at the age of 19. I understand you’re frustration at having a high hairline, but believe me when you’re older you won’t feel the same way. “The rule of decades” dictates that by the age of 30 about 30% of men have hair loss. Right now you feel isolated and alone, in 10 years you’ll feel different because your peers will follow suit. Don’t hesitate to ask any additional questions.

Best wishes

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

at least you went to a reputable doctor in Denmark who was right to tell you that you are too young for a HT at this point. at 19 there is no way to determine where your hair loss pattern will ultimately wind up. hair loss is continuous and progressive, meaning after you have a hair transplant, that does not stop your native hair from continuing to miniaturize and fall out, therefore while your concern right now is your hairline, you will probably continue to thin and lose hair on other parts of your scalp including your midscalp and crown. at your age you should be concentrating on stabilizing or halting your hair loss, that begins with medication like finesteride - if you are a good candidate. that can only be determined by going to a doctor who would prescribe the meds for you. in addition, diet, natural supplements etc. take it from someone who did exactly what you are doing when I was in my early 20's, i panicked when i starting noticing my hairline disappearing so I jumped into a hair transplant with no knowledge in the early 1990's, at that time the standard was not what it is today, they were using large graft "plugs" even for the frontal hairline - 10, 20 years later I had plugs in the front of my hairline and no hair behind the hairline - not a good look, fortunately I was able to have it fixed with a modern HT and excellent doctor, but I suffered for decades trying to conceal my hair loss. do your research before jumping into a ht, its permanent and there are unethical clinics that will take you on as a patient even at 19, but you are definitely not a candidate at your age. good luck to you

Hi,

You state that you have a naturally high hairline, when comparing photos from a few years back do you notice any recession, (check the temple areas).

Also do you have any uncles who had similar high hairlines, if so what is their hair like now?, what was their progression like? it might be an indicator as to where you will end up and whether you need to consider other things such as medication to help sustain your hair.

And yes you are too young for surgery right now.

Hello all

Thank you for replying - I appreciate it :)

In regards to my temple areas, yes I do notice some recession compared to when I was younger.

I just measured how long there is from where my eyebrow-winkles start (i do not know if it is the right term) to where my hair line starts. In the middle there is 2 cm to my hair line and in the temple areas there are respectively 3 cm on both sides. Does this mean that I have lost 1 cm of hair in the temple areas?

In regards to the question about my uncle, he does not naturally have a high hairline. Neither does my brother or my father. I have not really talked about my hair line with my mother etc. and I have since I was 14-15 always had fringe (hair hanging over my forehead) so unless it is windy outside I do not really think people notice - I usually always wear a hat if I decide to go outside when it is windy.

At what age do you guys think would be the most optimal to having a frontal hairline transplant?

Thank you all in advance! :)

Did the clinic say you were losing any hair? Did they recommend finasteride?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I actually never had a real consultation with the clinic. On their website I contacted them and told them exatcly the same as I have told you guys. They afterwards contacted me by mail and I had a conversation with one of the assistants at the clinic and she told me that I was way too young to have a hair transplant.

She also showed me some pictures of the things that might could happen if I chose to have a hair transplant at another clinic. She showed me a picture of a man who had had a hair transplant at a far too early age and afterwards he had lost his hair behind his new hair line. She told me that could happen to me also which is why she wanted me to wait until I was at least 24-25 years old.

She also told me that I should not use my money on any hair products preventing hair loss because in her opinion they are just scam and does not work.

I do not know if it is normal to lose some hair at my age at the temple areas. Futhermore I am not sure when I started to lose some of the hair in the temple areas because as I mentioned earlier I always have some kind of frige to hide some of my forehead.

Thank you all for replying and trying to help me. I appreciate it! :)

Its good the other clinic went to the trouble to highlight potential issues you might have if you rush into surgery at such a tender age and then experience aggresive balding.

Your second picture could possibly be showing some temple recession but the other pics do just point to a naturally high hairline.

Hopefully that's all it is, its probably best for you to monitor any potential loss by comparing pictures of your scalp every couple of months.

It's also good that you were warned off putting any hopes into the vast array of products that you could blow a fortune on. There are in fact only 2 medications that are proven to delay hairloss, Finasteride and Minoxodil. In my opinion (others may disagree) a generic brand of Finasteride is just as effectice as the Propecia brand and can be picked up for about 100 pounds sterling for a years supply whereas some clinics charge almost 10 x that. If you do notice that you are starting to recede or thin then you might want to meet with your GP and consider taking one or both of these. Take into account any potential side effects.

Do you guys know which clinics that are the most qualified to perform this kind of surgery? Frontal hair line transplant?

Thank you all in advance.

No clinic should be working on you. I agree with the initial clinic. If you are losing hair, get on finasteride and that can stabilize for many years, allowing you to get some age before you have or need surgery.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

No clinic should be working on you. I agree with the initial clinic. If you are losing hair, get on finasteride and that can stabilize for many years, allowing you to get some age before you have or need surgery.

I know that I am too young. I just wanted to know if you guys knew any clinics that perform this kind of surgery - nothing else.