Everyone which have had a HT, get in here.

wtbhair2k

Hi,

Im curious about others experience when it comes to growing and improving density over the time after a HT.

When did you exp the most change? Did you notice any notable change from 6-12 month? If yes, what did you exp - new hairs or improved density?

Im getting close to my 6month mark, and I'm just not sure if Im satisfied with the density thus far, and I'm starting to get worried that this will be my end result.

Also it might be just me that's getting the hair greed and/or expecting to much. Therefor I'd like to know if anyone who have undergone FUE exeperienced any notable growth post 6months?

Appreciate all answers.

I can't say you'll get the density you'll be happy with but it's very common to go thru what you're going thru. As the hair sprouts it comes out thin and weak, it does appear to lack density but over the next few months you'll find the texture and characteristics of the hairs will change and it will look and act more like your natural hair. Improved density will come with that. So it will get better...how much depends on how good the yield was. If you yielded well and the doc gave you adequate coverage, the next few months should make a big difference in the density department. That has how both of my procedures went. 1 for hairline, 1 for crown, both looked to be lacking density early and by months 8-12 very happy

I can't say you'll get the density you'll be happy with but it's very common to go thru what you're going thru. As the hair sprouts it comes out thin and weak, it does appear to lack density but over the next few months you'll find the texture and characteristics of the hairs will change and it will look and act more like your natural hair. Improved density will come with that. So it will get better...how much depends on how good the yield was. If you yielded well and the doc gave you adequate coverage, the next few months should make a big difference in the density department. That has how both of my procedures went. 1 for hairline, 1 for crown, both looked to be lacking density early and by months 8-12 very happy

Happy to hear that. I think I might just be paranoid/greedy lol. I have a good yield, just lacking a slight more density on som areas. Hate this waiting lol..

Happy to hear that. I think I might just be paranoid/greedy lol. I have a good yield, just lacking a slight more density on som areas. Hate this waiting lol..

haha, if you think you're greedy now wait til after the 10 month mark. You'll have more density than now and be infinitely happier but still not happy enough lol...that's when the true greed kicks in. I'm 2 in and got a full head of hair and I'm still wanting a third....the goal posts just keep moving...the waiting is brutal, everybody warns you about the ugly duckling so you're ready for that but the waiting for the characteristics to kick in can be just as draining but in an entirely different way, the duckling you know you're gonna look like shit but when its thin it's stressing you never know if it'll get to where you hope it will but rest assured better is coming.

haha, if you think you're greedy now wait til after the 10 month mark. You'll have more density than now and be infinitely happier but still not happy enough lol...that's when the true greed kicks in. I'm 2 in and got a full head of hair and I'm still wanting a third....the goal posts just keep moving...the waiting is brutal, everybody warns you about the ugly duckling so you're ready for that but the waiting for the characteristics to kick in can be just as draining but in an entirely different way, the duckling you know you're gonna look like shit but when its thin it's stressing you never know if it'll get to where you hope it will but rest assured better is coming.

Yeah I hear ya lol. I dont think there’s any 6month post OP pic/thread I havent browsed. Not even joking, Ive gone through them all lmao.

Hi,

Im curious about others experience when it comes to growing and improving density over the time after a HT.

When did you exp the most change? Did you notice any notable change from 6-12 month? If yes, what did you exp - new hairs or improved density?

Im getting close to my 6month mark, and I'm just not sure if Im satisfied with the density thus far, and I'm starting to get worried that this will be my end result.

Also it might be just me that's getting the hair greed and/or expecting to much. Therefor I'd like to know if anyone who have undergone FUE exeperienced any notable growth post 6months?

Appreciate all answers.

Visible improvement up until about month 10. It's less instantaneous past the 6 month mark but looking at my photos in retrospect it didn't look that great at that stage compared to now which is 12 months. That said, the small problem spots didn't get much better, but the hairs themselves improved in quality, probably a few doubles and tripples sprouted etc and a few stray grafts popped.

I'd expect a sizeable improvement beyond 6 months, albeit a slower one.

Visible improvement up until about month 10. It's less instantaneous past the 6 month mark but looking at my photos in retrospect it didn't look that great at that stage compared to now which is 12 months. That said, the small problem spots didn't get much better, but the hairs themselves improved in quality, probably a few doubles and tripples sprouted etc and a few stray grafts popped.

I'd expect a sizeable improvement beyond 6 months, albeit a slower one.

Appreciate the feedback. Some improvement is better than none. I would be ok if I didnt see any imorovements, but I wouldnt be like «wow this is amazing». So I hope I’ll see some gains, as I dont feel like there isnt that much more gains to make it look neat. Time will tell I guess.

It seems obvious from reading these forums that progress/results at 6 months aren't the same as at the 18 month mark.

Be patient. You can't judge until at least 12 months, 18 months to be sure. Everything between 2-17 months is premature. It takes a while, relax.

Personally, most of my growth and noticeable change in density and for this occurred between the fourth and sixth month. After six months, I still experienced more growth and a lot more thickening that made my hair transplant much more thick and full at 12 months than at six months. But as far as visually noticeable, I’d say for me personally, between four and six months was the greatest transformation.

I trust of course that you understand that everybody grows at different rates. Some people don’t experience much growth until after six months and others may start experiencing growth as early as 2 1/2 months even though that’s exceptionally rare. But it can it does happen. The exceptionally rare may not even experience a shedding of any of the transplanted hair and as a result, the grafts that were transplanted at surgery just keep producing hair so there really is no waiting period.

I just don’t want you to take answers from this topic and expect that you were going to follow somebody else’s journey exactly. Each person is unique as is their physiology.

Best wishes,

Bill

Month 3 and 4 had big booms of growth and thinks looking great ,month 5 basically stagnant and thats where I'm at now. Even with my hair pre-HT I'd have my good months and bad months depending on shedding, hair cycles, haircut and length etc. I find in general but especially with HT hair the shorter and cleaner cut the healthier the hair looks overall.

I'm at the 12 day mark but it's getting to the point where my hair is starting to look a bit kinky because it's growing long enough to see the waviness/curliness (which it's always been). Yeah, shorter the neater it looks. But I'm happy to let it grow. I love it so far.

Hi,

Appreciate all answers.

Hi,

My experience was that visible growth kicked in around the 3.5 month, and was intense up to the 5 month mark. The hairline where most grafts were placed, seemed to sprout overnight. I'm just under 6 months now - its not as easy to see any new growth, even though I've kept my hair short. Reviewing photos really is the only way to track the changes. Over the last month, its more a case of things thickening up and filling in, albeit on a slower scale. I'm not where I want to be, but depending on who you listen to I have only completed 33% to 50% of the journey. Personally I think, a full year minimum is needed before deciding if the procedure was a success or failure. I really do worry for people who start panicking at 4 months, saying they've had no growth and the Op has been a failure.

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html