Is it by luck !!

Does hair restoration surgery success depends on patient factors or on the doctor ?

Some people had surgeries in unknown clinics by trchnicians with very good results

On the other hands some surgeries done by famous doctors are not very successful

So my question is what are factors than can determine the success of surgery ? Is it luck ?!

The other point i think most people tend to post on internet when they are not happy with the results may be because they want to complain but if the surgery is successful usually they will not post on forums.

It depends upon evaluating your family history, whether or not you're on preventative treatment such as finasteride, evaluating your personal physiology, picking a skilled and experienced surgeon, and properly following all post-operative care instructions as you've been advised.

All of these nuances play a hand in determining a positive or negative outcome for a surgical hair restoration procedure.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

You're correct that most happy HT patients who post on the forums in the lead-up to their procedure just go on their way and don't feel the need to post anymore.

A successful HT procedure depends greatly on the skill of the doctor and technicians, but the patient's physiology is always going to play a part. It's the same for any surgery. There are factors way beyond the control of any doctor and they are usually also beyond any human understanding. So when a procedure doesn't lead to a good result, the reasons can be a mystery. Thankfully those cases are rare and patient satisfaction is high.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

1st HT (1500 grafts at AK Clinics, Ludhiana) June 2010

2nd HT (4000 grafts at Reviva Clinic, Chandigarh(India) June 2011 ----

3rd HT (3000 grafts at Reviva Clinic, Chandigarh(India) Feb 2012 ----

4th HT (2000 grafts at Reviva Clinic, Chandigarh(India) Mar 2013 ----------

5th HT (2500 grafts at Kyra Cilinic, Ludhaina (India) August 2016 ----------

So, guys now i have shared my whole HT sittings with you but till date my hairs condition is worst. I am attached some pics of my current hairs you can as follows:

- Hairs direction is totally wrong

- So much thinning of hairs even after transplanting 10,500 grafts...........

- Donor area completely used, left with no hairs ( even it looks bald now :-(

I have heard about this website from a friend of mine who told me to put my whole story here for better consultation.

Please guide me what further procedures should i opt to normalize my hairs condition as of now i am so embarrassing situation and it really lowering my confidence level. I still need to put a cap for going outside to attend some parties or roaming with friends to hide my head.

Please guide...............

31525_thumb.jpg.4e6ea3c16fc56b925f57392f1c7c3b81.jpg

31526_thumb.jpg.4d35f53b5a45616dfc802e421342c816.jpg

31529_thumb.jpg.163b31f823c7e1afdbb911a8c75ccc43.jpg

31530_thumb.jpg.46d57de0b89f72af56943e3d7f127943.jpg

31527_thumb.jpg.e2a287964e5d6a20108d2921a41d83f7.jpg

31528_thumb.jpg.10d367341d9cf9657a0e4eda0f1340d7.jpg

1st HT (1500 grafts at AK Clinics, Ludhiana) June 2010

2nd HT (4000 grafts at Reviva Clinic, Chandigarh(India) June 2011 ----

3rd HT (3000 grafts at Reviva Clinic, Chandigarh(India) Feb 2012 ----

4th HT (2000 grafts at Reviva Clinic, Chandigarh(India) Mar 2013 ----------

5th HT (2500 grafts at Kyra Cilinic, Ludhaina (India) August 2016 ----------

So, guys now i have shared my whole HT sittings with you but till date my hairs condition is worst. I am attached some pics of my current hairs you can as follows:

- Hairs direction is totally wrong

- So much thinning of hairs even after transplanting 10,500 grafts...........

- Donor area completely used, left with no hairs ( even it looks bald now :-(

I have heard about this website from a friend of mine who told me to put my whole story here for better consultation.

Please guide me what further procedures should i opt to normalize my hairs condition as of now i am so embarrassing situation and it really lowering my confidence level. I still need to put a cap for going outside to attend some parties or roaming with friends to hide my head.

Please guide...............

This is why you don't go to garbage cheap clinics. Why did you keep going back to the same clinic if they gave you bad results? Senseless. Your situation isn't fixable. Buzz it off.

Jesus man, you're in the wrong place. Please stop posting.

To the OP. If you have a substation body hair, you might be able to go to one of the elites in the US or belgium an have them address the worst areas to at least make the donor appeal normal. SMP (tattooing) is an option as well. I'm sorry you're dealing with this. I understand you may not feel comfortable shaving down because of the scars but it may be your best option.

I agree SMP is an option, that comment was overly harsh but at the same time if people were more adamant about what is an appropriate decision making process to hair transplants and were more outspoken on surgeon selection you wouldn't get as many bad results.

Quality SMP is hard to come by and I don't think this person should be spending more on transplants. If it hasn't worked out after that many mistakes it should be avoided entirely. After 5 poor decisions on clinics, can you really assume after recommending SMP that it won't go the same way? There's a point where one has to say enough.

I think u have a difficult situation . N other people shouldn’t make u feel worse about it .. it seems like u had transplants every year since U started the hair transplant journey .. so u probably had to shave ur head most of those yeArs .. so u should be used to a shave head already .. I don’t think ur scalp can go through more trauma, ur scalp is still reddish from all that nonstop surgery , it probably inhibited ur body to giving good growth . 10k worth of needle picks to ur scalp is dramatic to ur skin n will definitely leave marks.. give ur head some time to recover .. there’s still hope for u if U can find some donor hair leftover either thru ur scalp or body hair .. but yeah ur options r limited now .. find the very best surgeon in ur mind to do some repair work without causing more damage n hopefully u can have some coverage that u r comfortable with ..all is is not lost u know.. yeah u wasted a lot of time n money on cheap n unproven doctors n wasted ur grafts but at this point in ur life u probably not looking for great expectations. Just trying to look normal with decent coverage .. at least the hair u have now is permantent hair , so try to fill it in more n be comfortable with urself again .. or just let the reddish scalp subside n shave ur head.. best of luck to ya ..things could of been better but it is what it is n no point being depressed about it , but try to make the most of ur situation n surround urself with supporting caring people .

Edited by Legend007

Neverlosehope,

Sorry to hear about your situation.

You should create your own thread as you will get more exposure.

As for options now I think you're quite limited that's why its essential for people getting HT's to carefully manage their donor supply.

HT#1 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2012) - 4700 grafts

HT#2 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2014) - 1800 grafts

HT#3 - Dr. Konior (Jan 2018) - 1200 grafts

• Administrators
guyz please guide what to do further...........

Please advise how to creat new thread

Every situation is improveable, looking at things from a different perspective and thinking outside the box is necessary. I’ve linked a photo of how to create a new thread.

9AFBD4C3-8132-4EBF-A97D-C8E6A3972E43.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Regarding the new transplanted grafts and donor / receiving are recovery I really believe (based on my education and info collected on HT), that the successful intervention depends:

By surgeon/clinic side:

1. By the skill of the surgeon regardless the technique he use - not destroying hair follicles during the extraction fase and during the implantation fase

2. Careful and quality management of the extracted grafts prior the implementation

3. Professional relation and trust between the surgeon and the patient, disponibility after the surgery, advises in management of the eventual problems (such folliculitis...)

By patients side:

1. Preparing for the intervention-stop smoking and drinking, stop with intensive fiscal activity at least 20 days before the surgery, be sure that blood biochemistry is in range and sim.

2. Responsible post intervention behaviour in sense of treating the treated area (carefully washing, avoiding any banding, hard lifting...)

3. Lifestyle change at least in the first few months after the intervention (alcaline diets, non smoking, gradually increasing but not intensive fiscal activity and similar stuff which provide better blood circulation generally...)

4. Optimistic behaviour generally

Eventual additional treatment, as PRP applied on donor and receiving area to speed up the healing process or laser therapy after the procedure could be very helpful.

All other stuff regarding the donor area quality, expectations, future HT plans are relative. There is no fisiologycal reason at the healthy person donor area not to accept transplanted not demaged and well manipulated graft.

As a future patient, I know I will do my best to have successful treatment, it is in my best interest.

Unfortunately, it is low number of clinics and doctors whose provide quality service with affordable price - up to 3€/graft

• 2 weeks later...
please guide some good doctor names for consultation.......in view of my situation to be corrected.....
Are you in India? Are you willing to travel internationally to seek corrective surgery?

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Neverlosehope, you've had just about as many grafts as anybody has. A huge number. As inconvenient as it might be, you really need to meet doctors in person before moving forward with this. With so much of your donor having been used, it should be assessed up close.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com