2500 grafts with Dr Steven Gable

MattyNJ1

Nice write-up.  Dr. Gabel is a great surgeon and an awesome individual.  He is a stickler for cleanliness and doing things the right way.

Are you doing any medical therapy, (Propecia, Rogaine, Laser)? Seems you had native hair to start out with.  If you can prevent further loss and perhaps even enhance the miniaturized stuff, you may also end up with a fuller result.

Patience, it truly takes a good year to see the full result of the procedure.  You may want to start taking photos as this will eventually become you and forget what you looked like originally.

1 hour ago, LaserCap said:

Nice write-up.  Dr. Gabel is a great surgeon and an awesome individual.  He is a stickler for cleanliness and doing things the right way.

Are you doing any medical therapy, (Propecia, Rogaine, Laser)? Seems you had native hair to start out with.  If you can prevent further loss and perhaps even enhance the miniaturized stuff, you may also end up with a fuller result.

Patience, it truly takes a good year to see the full result of the procedure.  You may want to start taking photos as this will eventually become you and forget what you looked like originally.

He specifically addresses his experience and concerns with fin in his update. 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2019 at 9:19 AM, MattyNJ1 said:

Looks really good, congrats!!!

(((  Iam very happy that i put myself through this process, No regrets, the results i got, restored that gut wrenching feeling we all know about, (when we start seeing our ugly scalp in the reflection of the mirror), back to a feeling of satisfaction and confidence...I love not really thinking or worrying about my front hairline receding any more, and that feels great. 

Its true what Dr. G and others have stated, IT TAKES MORE THAN A YEAR....iam just now still seeing visible thickening and maturing and naturalizing of the transplanted hair. I would also caution people about shock loss, as i experienced ALOT of shock loss, and it took a long long time to grow back. )))

I will second this ^^^^

I was always Happiest once the 2 yr mark rolled around.

At that point everything was grown in, thickened, normalized and finally totally natural looking.

Edited by ndubya
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/5/2019 at 11:48 PM, yesplease said:

He specifically addresses his experience and concerns with fin in his update. 

thanks, i was scratching my head on this one....had to look to see if i was on my own thread or not lol 

12/11/17 2500 FUE Grafts with Dr. Steven Gable

• 2 years later...

Hello everyone, just thought id pop in and see how everyone is doing with their own HT journey....hope all is well! and thought id post a 4 YEAR update on my own...

So i will be at the 4yr mark next month, I just turned 53 in September, and Iam still hangn in there!. My HT has kept me satisfied for the most... part for my needs, and served me well.

Because i know someone will ask, I stopped Fin/Minox about 10 months ago, I deff had just about every bad side you read about, but i stuck with it, until i just kinda missed my old raging libido and..well just don't feel comfortable being on any meds for long periods of time. IMO the Fin deff brought my HT across the finish line for me. I did have hair fall/loss in the months to follow after stopping, but i monitored it carefully and it stopped at a point where I was okay with the trade off....

The photos are just some random recent pics post Fin...and iam okay with where iam... like i said im 53 and feel im doing pretty good. 

My crown is deff going to need another surgery im thinking maybe next year as the Fin really grew most of the hair in that area, so its a bit thin back there now that i stopped, but i brush it fwd and pull off the illusion just fine lol...at this age and in this crazy world with all things considered, i count my blessings....

So then..how's everybody in these crazy times? hope all is well....any advancements in the HT world since 2017???? I can only hope. Any top FUT surgeons in NY/NJ area? there weren't back when i got mine....

Anyways no regrets for me, as iam better now than pre surgery, so that's all that matters! Thanks20210428_185615.jpg.26954a674ca7632ab05628d7cca05e63.jpg20210407_175844.thumb.jpg.009399702448a6dde569e19089f32fd3.jpg

• Like 2

12/11/17 2500 FUE Grafts with Dr. Steven Gable

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, MattyNJ1 said:

Hello everyone, just thought id pop in and see how everyone is doing with their own HT journey....hope all is well! and thought id post a 4 YEAR update on my own...

So i will be at the 4yr mark next month, I just turned 53 in September, and Iam still hangn in there!. My HT has kept me satisfied for the most... part for my needs, and served me well.

Because i know someone will ask, I stopped Fin/Minox about 10 months ago, I deff had just about every bad side you read about, but i stuck with it, until i just kinda missed my old raging libido and..well just don't feel comfortable being on any meds for long periods of time. IMO the Fin deff brought my HT across the finish line for me. I did have hair fall/loss in the months to follow after stopping, but i monitored it carefully and it stopped at a point where I was okay with the trade off....

The photos are just some random recent pics post Fin...and iam okay with where iam... like i said im 53 and feel im doing pretty good. 

My crown is deff going to need another surgery im thinking maybe next year as the Fin really grew most of the hair in that area, so its a bit thin back there now that i stopped, but i brush it fwd and pull off the illusion just fine lol...at this age and in this crazy world with all things considered, i count my blessings....

So then..how's everybody in these crazy times? hope all is well....any advancements in the HT world since 2017???? I can only hope. Any top FUT surgeons in NY/NJ area? there weren't back when i got mine....

Anyways no regrets for me, as iam better now than pre surgery, so that's all that matters! Thanks20210428_185615.jpg.26954a674ca7632ab05628d7cca05e63.jpg20210407_175844.thumb.jpg.009399702448a6dde569e19089f32fd3.jpg

Hey Matty bro, long time no see, you’re still looking great 🙌🏼 I believe Bloxham has been a great addition to surgeons in the NYC area. Though, Gabel is really a gem. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

12 hours ago, MattyNJ1 said:

Wow, that frontal 1/3 work is looking amazing.

I know you previously mentioned that you thought the hairline design was too conservative …. I disagree. It looks great and will serve you well.

Any current shots of the crown that you’re comfortable sharing? Always curious to see how a thinning crown shakes out with a frontal HT, as that will likely be my situation if I ever proceed with one.

best for luck 

• 5 months later...
On 11/10/2021 at 8:00 AM, MattyNJ1 said:

d another surgery im thinking maybe next year as the Fin really grew most of the hair in that area, so its a bit thin back there now that i stopped, but i brush it fwd and pull off the illusion just fine lol...at this age and in this crazy world with all things considered, i count my blessings....

Can I ask if youre still around why you think that it was the Fin that grew your crown rather than the minox? From what Ive read minox is praised more in the crown than anywhere else and fin is less likely to even grow hair rather than just keep.