15 Years Post Op..Dr. Jerry Wong

uncjim

For those of you that don't know me, I used to be a Big Deal around here..you know, around the time algore invented the internet. For those of you that do and have been breathlessly waiting for my return, you can relax now. All kidding aside, I wanted to post these images after all these years because I feel this is probably a subject that isn't addressed too often..Life After Hair Transplantation. As a repair patient that dealt with the effects of large plug transplantation, I'm forever grateful for the transformative and life altering results. It's my hope that posting these images might inspire those that have wondered if this is "forever".

1.thumb.jpg.900d75d8e272555e7f4dfad7c8a7f712.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.8da0680c9d971f8868694aa746183044.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.1f2d30f2fd21ae4aebc9b1ae48e9dc7d.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.56ff6fa66349cc8d0b16c1968210d6ea.jpg

6.thumb.jpg.b5d4de149f4f7771e87f2bcabe62c222.jpg

Edited by uncjim

"Temples 'n Crowns Forever"

Uncjim's Hair Loss WebLog

Thank you for sharing the pics, hair looks great! its very comforting to see a transplant stand the test of time, you were before my time so it's nice to see a legends comeback tour.

edit...and I just saw your weblog, got rid of the questions

mikeyhwk,

Legend..yeah..I like that. I feel relevant again. Thanks for the compliment.

Spanker,

Thank you.

SADbutTRUE,

So there really is somebody out there that remembers the good old days. That feels good. Thank you.

Edited by uncjim
Learning the ropes

Uncjim,

Wow, it’s great to see you my friend. You’re right, it has been a very long time and you may be one of the only members left that joined before I did… Back in 2002. I believe my join date is sometime in 2004. But it is amazing isn’t it? We were in focus so much on our hair when we don’t have it but once we restore it, it becomes the thing we think about least. It’s probably one of the only cosmetic procedures that we undergo to take the focus off of something rather than on it.

But what it does do, is it helps us live our lives without worrying so much that people might be staring at our scalps.

So other than your hair looking fantastic after all these years, what has your life looks like? I think it might be an interesting article or even video to showcase life after a hair transplant. I know before a hair transplant, we stare in the mirror and avoid many opportunities. But after the fact, it’s my hope that you will be living life to the fullest without worrying about your head :-)

Don’t get me wrong… We certainly hope that you will visit us and keep posting to help others who struggle and suffer with the same problems that you used to have, but other than that, hopefully you no longer worry that people looking up are looking at your head.

Looking forward to your response,

Bill

Hey Bill,

Thanks for responding. I frankly didn’t know if anyone would. This is a treat.

Sure, I remember when you became the "new guy" on the site. I never would have thought that it was all the way back in 2004. It's amazing how quickly time passes.

This whole hair loss subject is interesting, isn't it? As to why it's a trauma for some and not others I stopped trying to figure out a long time ago. Mine began at the age of 18 years, with the usual comb over (we used to call it borrowing), leading to the big plug transplants that I lived with for many years. During all those years, I did feel as if I had something to hide, especially the old plugs and cobblestoning. Today, that's all over. I just enjoy my hair daily. I simply love having it. Do I have a better life because I have hair? YUP..no question about it. Am I self-conscious because some may consider that "skin deep"? Not a chance. As a matter of fact, I celebrate my “skin deepness”. It feels good to look good, especially when running into old contemporaries. Some I let in on my secret and others not.

The bottom line for me and I hope others that have travelled the same route, is that I’m proud that I dealt with a challenge. I’m a happier person because of it.

Jim

Anyone who is losing their hair is bothered by it and if they say they are not, they are full of crap! Not many people have the guts to do something about it and you did so you should feel proud. You look great and I am glad to hear that this has improved your quality of life.

Triple7,

I agree concerning people that profess hair loss doesn't bother them. It's really a matter of degree. Not many of us are willing to pull the trigger on a transplant. Very few would be willing to travel cross country (Connecticut) and then out of the country (Vancouver), like I did. Thanks again for your kind words.

Sultsay,

Thanks. I take 1.25 mg Proscar every other day. Dr. Wong felt I wouldn’t see growth as a result because of my age (55 years when I began), but it would help me keep the hair that I had and would also aid in prostate health. Both have borne out.

MattyNJ,

Thank you. I had 6788 FUs over three surgeries with Dr. Wong. My donor area was very depleted due to the plugs that were extracted during the ancient procedures years before. I believe, knowing the condition of the area, I would have had 50% greater yield. The fact that I got what I did is a testament to Dr. Wong and his staff, along with my scalp laxity. I’m 70 years old as we speak. You can find more details in Uncjim’s Hairloss Blog if you care to take the time. I urge you to. It’s pretty good reading!

Edited by uncjim
  • Like 1

I believe you are what the youngsters call these days #goals. Thanks for the update. Your hair looks fantastic and I'm hoping I find myself in the same situation as you when I hit 70. :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

jackblack71,

Thank you. I appreciate it.

pkipling,

I like the # reference. My kids keep me coonected to stuff like that. At one time I would have said it allowed me to remain "hip", but I've been told that's no longer in style. What never goes out of style is "your hair looks fantastic". Thank you and all the best to you.

Hi mate just want to say your hair looks good very age appropriate hairline, crown loss is nothing major I’d settle for that at 70 Dr Wong obviously knows what he’s doing thanks for coming back on here and sharing your story 15 years and your still holding your own

MAGNUMpi,

It's been my pleasure. That's great that you feel that way. That was my hope. Thanks.

Djlaserblue,

I remember back in the day on this site, (maybe it's still happening), there was a raging debate as to whether closed corner hairline design was feasible. In the beginning I had no idea what that was. I just lusted after a hairline period. Today, would I like a teenage hairline and a full crown? I mean who wouldn't, age appropriate or not. There's no such thing as too much hair. The bottom line, and you're right,

Dr. Wong knew what he was doing, aesthetically and practically (limited number of grafts). I appreciate your kind words.

Uncjim its been a long time but you are still looking great. Your positive outlook was much appreciated during the time the internet was becoming the main tool to search for options and doctors for a hair transplants. We are still the vets that are still posting. Great to read your story once again!

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson