Is Dr. Erdogan the best surgeon in Turkey?

vmoney

Hi all

Been reading the forum for a while and wanted to say thank you to everyone who has posted their results and experiences with various doctors, it's certainly been very helpful in researching surgeons.

I live in Sydney and there doesn't appear to be a big market for hair transplants out here, at least I cannot find forums whereby surgeons are reviewed as widely as they are in Europe.

I will be visiting family in the UK next summer and would like to stop off via Turkey to see Dr. Erdogan. I have already been quoted a price and am basically just finalising my research before committing.

From what I have read Dr. Erdogan is 2.5 times more expensive than most other surgeons in Turkey but it seems with good reason. Can anyone please explain what those reasons are? Is he the most qualified or most experienced? Is his technique the best and how come others cannot replicate it?

I will of course continue to do independent research but any guidance or assistance for those questions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Dr. Erdogan is certainly top-notch and I personally highly recommend him as does the community. As for pricing, I know it’s been said he was on the higher side, but I also know that the quality of his work and results are world class. I have always been under the belief that cost should be the last thing you consider when selecting the surgeon however, I do understand that realistically, people don’t have an unlimited supply and need to be frugal when spending it.

Dr. Erdogan is also not only surgery recommended in turkey. I would also suggest considering Dr. Yaman Who also does Top notch work. Visit https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/surgeon-list.asp?StateAbr=TKY&sr=HRN to learn more about each surgeon we recommended and turkey including, viewing examples of the results, contact information, their philosophy, patient photos, videos and more.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

just thought i could piggyback off this thread.

Thank you for sharing and this treasure trove on information, some of which can be slightly overwhelming!

I'm currently based in the U.K. and my main consideration at this point is deciding who to go with... geography, cost and timing all play a slight factor in my overall consideration but quality is obviously paramount.

You obviously speak highly of Dr. Erdogan and Asmed clinic and also of Dr. Yaman (who i havent heard much of till now), but is this relative to Turkey alone? where do we rank some of the best Turkish hair transplant doctors along the best in the world?

The great disparity of quality and experiences in Turkey leaves me a bit apprehensive and I am trying to keep an open mind as to ensure I am not missing out on great treatment based on my prejudice.

I'm fairly new to the forums but have been reading a bit and i understand even leading clinics in Belguim and the US/Canada will utilise technicians for placement of the grafts, but am I correct in saying that the reason Turkey is so much cheaper is in part due to the technicians carrying out the graft harvesting and placement? (with some doctors placing the recipient incisions)

at the moment I am leaning towards Belguim, possibly Dr. Lupanzula (who i have a consultation with soon), Feriduni, Bisanga, or Devroye.

I can't say I have much faith in the U.K. based clinics, following some consultation visits at Da Vinci clinic and Dr. Mays clinic, both fell short of what I was hoping for.

Good morning, mates!

First of all, sorry for my bad English. I write from Spain and I will do my best in order to post the best posts I can :)

This thread is very interesting for my interest and, if you don't mind, I'd like to participate.

I'm considering an inmediat Hair Transplant Surgeon in Turkey. After reading and reading form many months, I found that Dr. Erdogan (Asmed) is one of the best choices. However his prices are too high form my budget, so I began to investigate in the 3.000-4000 euros range.

After a lot of research, I think Dr. Resul Yaman is one of the bet options within this range (correct me if I'm wrong, please). However, during the last days I've been reading underwhelming results from some of his patients.

For this reason, I'd love to know how many people from this forum have had a succesful result and how many did not have the expecgted results and aren't happy with his hair transplant. Would you avoid Resul Yaman, or would you recommend it? Is the density with him so weak? (the density in the crown area is quite important to me...) Could be worthwhile trying to save more money and call Erdogan-ASMED?

As I said at the beginning of this post, mi idea is to get the hair transplant by the end of October/beginning of November... Time is runnng out and and I'm totally confused about which doctor should I choose :(

Any help would be more than appreciated.

Thanks in advance to all of you. Thanks so much for your time.

vchorro, since you were trying to find an FUE surgeon in Turkey in 3-4 euro range, why do you also say that Dr.Erdogan is expensive? His FUE prices are 2.50 euros per graft (shaved) which are under the amount you were looking for.

vchorro, since you were trying to find an FUE surgeon in Turkey in 3-4 euro range, why do you also say that Dr.Erdogan is expensive? His FUE prices are 2.50 euros per graft (shaved) which are under the amount you were looking for.

Hello, HairDew!Thanks for your reply :)

Perhaps my post was not clear at some points, sorry for that!

What I meant to say was that my initial budget for the complete FUE surgeon was within the 3k-4k euros range.

Considering that my baldness could need between 3.500 and 4.000 grafts, Koray total cost (2,5€ per graft) is way more expensive than Resul Yaman (1€ per graft).

Bye! :)

Hi there,

just thought i could piggyback off this thread.

Thank you for sharing and this treasure trove on information, some of which can be slightly overwhelming!

I'm currently based in the U.K. and my main consideration at this point is deciding who to go with... geography, cost and timing all play a slight factor in my overall consideration but quality is obviously paramount.

You obviously speak highly of Dr. Erdogan and Asmed clinic and also of Dr. Yaman (who i havent heard much of till now), but is this relative to Turkey alone? where do we rank some of the best Turkish hair transplant doctors along the best in the world?

The great disparity of quality and experiences in Turkey leaves me a bit apprehensive and I am trying to keep an open mind as to ensure I am not missing out on great treatment based on my prejudice.

I'm fairly new to the forums but have been reading a bit and i understand even leading clinics in Belguim and the US/Canada will utilise technicians for placement of the grafts, but am I correct in saying that the reason Turkey is so much cheaper is in part due to the technicians carrying out the graft harvesting and placement? (with some doctors placing the recipient incisions)

at the moment I am leaning towards Belguim, possibly Dr. Lupanzula (who i have a consultation with soon), Feriduni, Bisanga, or Devroye.

I can't say I have much faith in the U.K. based clinics, following some consultation visits at Da Vinci clinic and Dr. Mays clinic, both fell short of what I was hoping for.

Hi Deziden

How much does Dr. Lupanzula charge per graft?

Thanks

Good morning, mates!

First of all, sorry for my bad English. I write from Spain and I will do my best in order to post the best posts I can :)

This thread is very interesting for my interest and, if you don't mind, I'd like to participate.

I'm considering an inmediat Hair Transplant Surgeon in Turkey. After reading and reading form many months, I found that Dr. Erdogan (Asmed) is one of the best choices. However his prices are too high form my budget, so I began to investigate in the 3.000-4000 euros range.

After a lot of research, I think Dr. Resul Yaman is one of the bet options within this range (correct me if I'm wrong, please). However, during the last days I've been reading underwhelming results from some of his patients.

For this reason, I'd love to know how many people from this forum have had a succesful result and how many did not have the expecgted results and aren't happy with his hair transplant. Would you avoid Resul Yaman, or would you recommend it? Is the density with him so weak? (the density in the crown area is quite important to me...) Could be worthwhile trying to save more money and call Erdogan-ASMED?

As I said at the beginning of this post, mi idea is to get the hair transplant by the end of October/beginning of November... Time is runnng out and and I'm totally confused about which doctor should I choose :(

Any help would be more than appreciated.

Thanks in advance to all of you. Thanks so much for your time.

Don't do Yaman. Dont rely on the recommendation f this website or the results that he shares. check the results actual forum member share. Gd luck

Dear vmoney

For being a half Turkish. I have loads of friends and family members in Istanbul. Yes I do agree that Koray Erdogan is greatest HT surgeon in whole Turkey. A very intelligent international HT figure however his price sometimes is quite high comparing to other surgeons.

My second choice will be Dr. Serkan Aygin. He is extremely talented as I have seen outstanding results face to face. I was surprised and astonished. Almost more than 5 live results. He charges only 1500 Euro and will utilize beard hair as well if necessary for first session.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Dear vmoney

For being a half Turkish. I have loads of friends and family members in Istanbul. Yes I do agree that Koray Erdogan is greatest HT surgeon in whole Turkey. A very intelligent international HT figure however his price sometimes is quite high comparing to other surgeons.

My second choice will be Dr. Serkan Aygin. He is extremely talented as I have seen outstanding results face to face. I was surprised and astonished. Almost more than 5 live results. He charges only 1500 Euro and will utilize beard hair as well if necessary for first session.

HARIRI, what are your thoughts on HLC Hairline Clinic and Dr. Ozgur Oztan?

I'm also surprised to see you rate Dr Serkan Aygin so highly, as I have read some extremely negative things about his clinic on this forum.

Edited by rickyrixon

• 2 weeks later...
Sounds like good advice to me

Dr yaman s patients are mostly from Spain& Italy.

Do not go for ASMED, as the doctor will do th eleast part of the job,most of the job will be done by his technicians.Dr yaman will perfrom at least :

1- Extraction

2-Incision

which is the most important part of the job.

Dr yaman results are fantastic becuase he is very neat and careful (that is why his operations are longer than others).

He charges around four times less than Erdogan,while results are almost the same.

HT operations depend mainly on quality of hair in the donor area and also the number of your double & triple folliciles. It also depends on your comittment to the instructions of your Doc. I have seen huge results for patients who did the operation in unknown clinics (1400-1800 euros) ,and seen very bad results for operations done in very famous clinics.

Go for the doctor who perfroms the procedure by himself.

Dr yaman s patients are mostly from Spain& Italy.

Do not go for ASMED, as the doctor will do th eleast part of the job,most of the job will be done by his technicians.Dr yaman will perfrom at least :

1- Extraction

2-Incision

which is the most important part of the job.

Dr yaman results are fantastic becuase he is very neat and careful (that is why his operations are longer than others).

He charges around four times less than Erdogan,while results are almost the same.

HT operations depend mainly on quality of hair in the donor area and also the number of your double & triple folliciles. It also depends on your comittment to the instructions of your Doc. I have seen huge results for patients who did the operation in unknown clinics (1400-1800 euros) ,and seen very bad results for operations done in very famous clinics.

Go for the doctor who perfroms the procedure by himself.

TOFI,

I disagree with some of your comments. I'm not saying your wrong, just I don't agree. You list incision and extraction as the most important part of the job. Is this based on personal experience? Did you not find the consultation the first of many important 'parts' of the job? In my opinion for a HT to be a success, the patient must feel they are in capable hands. A good Dr will examine the donor, speak about expectations and then give an honest opinion on what is achievable. I've had quite a few consultations prior to selecting the clinic I used, and I knew straight away it was the one for me. However I had done significant research and viewed results prior to even booking the consultation. As for Techs doing the work - this is common. As long as the Dr is overseeing the key elements and checking their work, I don't see a problem. The Techs at a reputable clinic will be highly trained and experienced. You quote Dr Yaman's results as 'almost the same' as Dr Erdogan. Is almost good enough? Is a Fiat almost as good as a Rolls Royce? It's up for debate. Just to note, I'm not saying Dr Yamans work is not excellent. Cost features prominently in your reply, cost although a consideration is not the be all and end all. As in football it's a results dominated business, if the HT was free and it was a failure, the cost was irrelevant.

As I said at the start, in my opinion the best Dr will be the one who gives most confidence, is professional, has a good track record and who the patient will feel will give the best result.

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

Of course one wants a recommended Doc to do as much as the op as possible ,but if you take the risk and go to Turkey and pay 1750 pounds for 4200 FUE grafts including 3 nights hotel as I did nearly 3 years ago [great result btw ] you can be sure in most cases the Doc will just draw the hairline and oversee the op

and techs/nurses will do the rest .

Regarding Dr Yaman versus Dr Erdogan all I can say on this matter is that up to this point I have not come across a subpar Erdogan result ,unfortunately there have been a few unhappy patients who went to

Dr Yaman .

Another Doc who seems to be in fashion for guys on a budget is Dr Klinik he has a lot of reviews on the 'real self ' website, most of the reviews seem to stop at the 6 month mark which is no good to man women or beast, can only evaluate success/failure at the 12 month mark .

Don't do Yaman. Dont rely on the recommendation f this website or the results that he shares. check the results actual forum member share. Gd luck

Thanks so much for your reply, mate :)

After a long research, after many hours reading this forum and after seeing many threads with Yaman patients suffering from poor hair density, my operation with Erdogan at ASMED will take place on the 22th of November.

I'm very excited... but very, very nervous too :)