Potential Recommendation of Dr. Blake Bloxham of New York

Dr Bloxham seems to have a very fine touch, been impressed with how the grafts look immediately post op

and of course the end result is what counts ,there's an old football maxim 'if you're good enough you're old enough' no one can question his passion for his work and he comes across as a very personable guy so he deserves recommendation in my opinion.

This case is another good example of the type of FUE cases I generally accept: the "patch fill." This is a patient who understands very well the issues with doing small FUE "touch ups" every several years, but desires that approach. I love these patients. I have half a dozen or so guys who come in every 6-24 months for little patch fills with FUE. I'm continuously evaluating the donor to make sure we don't put ourselves in a bad situation, and I never do anything that I think will look unnatural. But we're usually able to come up with good little plans each time, and it's always fun. Great to build relationships with these patients too.

This patient actually came in for another fill recently (he finally let me talk him in to doing the frontal scalp). I've done several sessions in him now, and we communicate quite regularly. He always knows pretty well where he wants the grafts, and we go back-and-forth a bit and come up with a plan that he's happy with and I think will look well.

The results form this one were from a patch fill to do some crown work, hairline work, and mid-scalp work. I never thought I'd present his case so I do apologize for some "messy" versus "styled" conditions, but it's truly a good example of one of my "patch fill" patients, so I wanted to put him up:

24qvk49.jpg

2dvvpdv.jpg

1o8whh.jpg

11gkay0.jpg

4qjw4w.jpg

309lzip.jpg

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thanks for everyone's input on the potential recommendation of Dr. Blake Bloxham. Many of us have known Blake for 6 plus years and have had the pleasure of watching him grow both personally and professionally. It's been an ongoing privilege to consider Blake an associate, a colleague and a friend. Blake (now Dr. Blake Bloxham) is clearly just as thorough and impressive as a hair transplant surgeon as he was a moderator on this forum. After almost 3 years of experience (including his residency), he has impressed the masses with his technique, results and presentations. Thus, we are pleased to announce that Dr. Bloxham has been approved for recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network. View his recommendation profile here.

Congratulations Dr. Bloxham. We trust we'll continue seeing excellent work and results from you for years to come.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thank you, Bill!

And a big thanks to the community and all those who interacted in the thread.

I still remember speaking with Pat about the co-moderator and editorial assistant position 7 years ago. He joked on the phone that I may be the first person to in history to transition from a Hair Transplant Network team member to a recommended doctor. From that day forward, it truly became my goal.

I stand here today humbled and very proud to be a recommended doctor. It's been a long and challenging journey, but I think it helped shape my philosophy on hair restoration and made me the hair transplant doctor I am today!

I also wanted to take this opportunity to publicly thank my friend, mentor, and partner Dr. Alan Feller. He's truly one of the greats and it's been amazing working with him. The effort he's put into the field of modern hair transplant surgery is staggering (and the content he's put online barely scratches the surface), and it's my pleasure to continue this legacy in our practice.

As usual, I am always here to answer questions, review pictures, etc, and I look forward to continuing to participate heavily in the community.

Thank you.

Dr B

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Congrats Dr. Bloxham! Despite working together for years but never having met in person, it's been a pleasure watching you succeed and grow in your chosen profession. You certainly lived up to your old moniker "Future HT Doc".

Your genuine enthusiasm for the science and application of hair restoration surgery along with your demonstrated skill is an inspiration.

Again, congratulations!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thank you, gentlemen!

COngratulations Dr. Bloxam. You thoroughly deserve it.

Bill and David, is there a financial incentive for HTN for approving doctors?. Is there a financial incentive to HTN if doctors post their results towards recommendation?, where do we get this info?.

Asking above questions in view of full disclosure. (don't have to disclose the size of incentive, just yes or no would do).

Also one of the pictures I posted on Dr. Bhatti case got deleted by someone and never got posted?, wonder who deleted it?.

Just fair expression of opinion on good or bad things would need to be allowed given the forum says it is by patients and for patients.

Please do not take my questions in wrong stead, just wanted to clarify certain things.

Thank you for the service and help you have provided to bald community over years.

Appreciate any answers.

COngratulations Dr. Bloxam. You thoroughly deserve it.

Bill and David, is there a financial incentive for HTN for approving doctors?. Is there a financial incentive to HTN if doctors post their results towards recommendation?, where do we get this info?

Recommended physicians pay a sponsorship fee that offsets the astronomical costs of maintaining the family of sites that comprise our community. This is disclosed here.

Also one of the pictures I posted on Dr. Bhatti case got deleted by someone and never got posted?, wonder who deleted it?.

Everyone is welcome to share their honest experience, good or bad, on our forum. We do not censor or delete any threads that conform to our Terms of Service. In the rare case that we do have to edit a thread, we always inform the poster of the change and the reason for it.

If you feel that an image has gone missing from on of your posts, please message me with the details and I will look into it for you.

Edited by David - Moderator

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

Just realized I forgot to add the link to the page where the disclosure I mentioned above can be found. Here you go. I've also added the link to my original post.

Here is the text...

To support the costs of operating and promoting our community the physician contributes a monthly fee to sponsor this community.

Just realized I forgot to add the link to the page where the disclosure I mentioned above can be found. Here you go. I've also added the link to my original post.

Here is the text...

To support the costs of operating and promoting our community the physician contributes a monthly fee to sponsor this community.

Hey David,

Thank you for disclosing the above, I appreciate it.

By the way your hair looks amazing!, must be getting lots of attention by many chicks?.

Sutureless,

It looks like Dave already answered your question, but I just wanted to add some additional input. The way we operate is a lot like an Ivy League university. Harvard for example, only accepts the brightest students with the highest GPA, SAT scores and the best work ethic. But those who are accepted still must pay tuition in order to support the financial institution and all its employees. The reason why Ivy League universities are so credible is because of their high and demanding standards. They also produce some of the greatest minds of our time. Likewise, physicians who are approved for recommendation must meet our demanding standards but also pay an ongoing monthly sponsorship fee to support this patient based community and keep its operation up and running, improving and innovating. This includes paying all of its employees, website services, upgrades, marketing, everything we need to reach and help as many people as possible so that they can find the best hair transplant surgeons.

I hope this helps.

Bill

Sutureless,

It looks like Dave already answered your question, but I just wanted to add some additional input. The way we operate is a lot like an Ivy League university. Harvard for example, only accepts the brightest students with the highest GPA, SAT scores and the best work ethic. But those who are accepted still must pay tuition in order to support the financial institution and all its employees. The reason why Ivy League universities are so credible is because of their high and demanding standards. They also produce some of the greatest minds of our time. Likewise, physicians who are approved for recommendation must meet our demanding standards but also pay an ongoing monthly sponsorship fee to support this patient based community and keep its operation up and running, improving and innovating. This includes paying all of its employees, website services, upgrades, marketing, everything we need to reach and help as many people as possible so that they can find the best hair transplant surgeons.

I hope this helps.

Bill

Yeah right. Just like with Doganay right? Comparing yourself to the Ivy League? Are you kidding me? Tell that to all those people who had been butchered by your "carefully vetted" doctor who surely met your "demanding standards". I guess you have never officially apologized to them.

Answer me this: How many of your recommended doctors have you visited PERSONALLY to check out their facilities, staff and processes?

The bottom line is, people should not trust your recommendations blindly. You make a profit on them and you are legally protected against any liabilities. There are only a handful of truly talented and professional HT doctors around the world and people should only go to the best of the best when they want to improve their appearance. But recommending only those would hardly be profitable.

Yeah right. Just like with Doganay right? Comparing yourself to the Ivy League? Are you kidding me? Tell that to all those people who had been butchered by your "carefully vetted" doctor who surely met your "demanding standards". I guess you have never officially apologized to them.

Answer me this: How many of your recommended doctors have you visited PERSONALLY to check out their facilities, staff and processes?

The bottom line is, people should not trust your recommendations blindly. You make a profit on them and you are legally protected against any liabilities. There are only a handful of truly talented and professional HT doctors around the world and people should only go to the best of the best when they want to improve their appearance. But recommending only those would hardly be profitable.

Paleo, can you please post pics of your final result from the Doganay procedure? Only fair that you post these seeing that your initial posts and review led to his removal from the recommended list. The community deserves to now see how your final result actually turned out, or are you just trying to hide something? Your reluctance to post these leads everyone to assume that the final result was actually pretty good. Also not fair for you to continue to defame Dognanay without posting further evidence that he did in fact butcher you like you claim. Put your money where your mouth is please sir.

• Like 1

Paleo,

Your contempt for this community and my words are apalling and frankly, I have already described above exactly how we operate. It is not a perfect system but we are very thorough in prescreening surgeons before we recommend them. We are also very transparent and we present them for potential recommendation on this community to garner input from forum members, our current recommended physicians and patients. At the time we approved Dr.Doganay for recommendation, we felt confident as did the community in his ability to produce outstanding results.

However, after a number of people began to report concerns, we promptly removed his recommendation. To this day, we have not reinstated him for a recommendation.

I am sorry that you are upset about your results. However, that doesn't change the fact that we do our best to be thorough and only recommend those were genuinely feel are doing state of the art work.

Now instead of showing contempt, I suggest responding with more respect if you would like to continue to post here.

Regards,

Bill

Please don't twist my words. I never disrespected the community, in fact I have nothing but respect towards them. Ultimately it was the community's pressure that made you revoke Doganay's recommendation. I alone would probably could have never make that happen. And no you did not promptly remove his recommendation. You wanted to give him provisional status and only backed out when Doganay became completely unacceptable to the community. The old members remember.

And please don't hide behind the back of the community, they are not the one who gives out the recommendations and not the one who makes a profit on them. You might ask their opinion, but it is ultimately you who make the final decision. But the community who suffers the consequences. Like many of us did with Doganay.

Personally, I do not have a problem with you. But I do have a problem with deceptive marketing promises. And comparing your rigor of screening to the admission process of getting into an Ivy League school is exactly that. I wholeheartedly hope you in fact tightened your screening AND monitoring process, so why don't you tell the community: How many of the recommended surgeons have you visited PERSONALLY to check out their facilities, staff and processes?

This will be my last post on the subject because it has gone way off the deep end and is not related to the recommendation of Dr. Blake Bloxham.

Paleo, the bottom line is that you are not happy patient. If you were happy patient, you probably would've praised us for recommending this particular doctor.

But yes, we did promptly removed him, after we performed an investigation. We don't make decisions in haste which is why we are also thorough in prescreening potential new physicians for recommendation. But once the investigation concluded that problems may be significant, we did promptly remove him.

And yes, it is a community decision to recommend a doctor. Pat the Publisher and I as the Managing Publisher do have the final say. However, we have chosen not to recommend physicians and have chosen to remove positions based on input from forum members and patients.

Our community possesses high standards for recommending doctors. It is not deceptive marketing, yes, those we recommend do pay an ongoing monthly sponsorship fee to support this community and keep everything running the same way that a student will pay tuition for college once they are accepted. The metaphor is actually spot on, whether you like it or not, this is how we operate.

We have never stated that our recommendation process is perfect nor do we promise that each patient will get maximum results. Somethings are simply out of our hands.

It's just funny how some of you are saying we are engaging in "deceptive marketing" because we make a living from this site. After all, I'm sure all of you work otherwise you wouldn't even be able to afford hair transplant surgery. If you begrudge us for making an honest and ethical living by promoting doctors we genuinely believe in, then perhaps you should all go into your jobs and tell them that you will be working for free from now on because you think it is unethical to make money from your work.

I'm sure all of you have made mistakes at work and yet, nobody has called you unethical, dishonest, etc.

But I will say that if you don't support this community and what we do, maybe it's time for you to leave. Paleo, it's time for you to do just that.

Bill

Please don't twist my words. I never disrespected the community, in fact I have nothing but respect towards them. old members remember.

Apologies Bill, hope you don't mind if I chime in here.

Paleo, I have to agree with Stig that you have actually been incredibly disrespectful to this community by refusing to post pictures and even provide an update of your final result. All we ever saw from you were a few pics early on, plus you did initially come on here for support in your initial dark days (go back to your very 1st posts) - which was given to you. I do agree that your refusal to provide and show an update is mightily suspicious. Please can you provide an update in a seperate thread.

Moving back to the original topic of this thread - wanted to wish Dr Bloxham a hearty congratulations on his recommendation.

Apologies Bill, hope you don't mind if I chime in here.

Paleo, I have to agree with Stig that you have actually been incredibly disrespectful to this community by refusing to post pictures and even provide an update of your final result. All we ever saw from you were a few pics early on, plus you did initially come on here for support in your initial dark days (go back to your very 1st posts) - which was given to you. I do agree that your refusal to provide and show an update is mightily suspicious. Please can you provide an update in a seperate thread.

Moving back to the original topic of this thread - wanted to wish Dr Bloxham a hearty congratulations on his recommendation.

I have to agree above post Paleo was shown a lot of sympathy on this site ,the bottom line is Dr Doganay's recommendation was withdrawn because of his case, of course the Mods aren't going to do it immediately especially when Paleo stopped showing his results ,very shoddy behaviour in my opinion, also to be fair to Bill I remember about two years ago he proposed Dr Nel who operates from Ireland for recommendation but the posters including myself voted against it as the majority weren't convinced with the examples shown , Bill accepted this with good grace even though he was not in agreement with us and the recommendation was withdrawn.

Of course there's a monetary aspect to running a site like and if the Mods can make some kind of living from it I say fair play to them ,ha wish I though of it.