The Tuft

Hello everybody!

Has anybody got any strategies to make the most of the "tuft" at the front of the head? I have very little hair immediately behind it but my hair is so thick on the sides and mid-scalp that it masks this. This is good as the tuft looks bad on bald men but I also think for men contemplating surgery, it can be good as a focal point to form a hairline natural to you. It also means fewer grafts.

Has anybody got any opinions?

It may not actually mean fewer grafts because if your tuft is of a hair or even native original density then more grafts are necessary to blend in. If this isn't done then the contrast in density will make the result on either side of the tuft seem thinner.

In general it is just a matter of planting around the tuft, and slightly into it for blending. If there is any loss in the tuft itself then obviously some grafts will need to be placed inside, too, depending on the circumstances.

Online representative for Dr. Bernard Arocha

Learn more about Hair Transplants in Texas!

I think the tuft does a great job at blocking light and I have seen many successful procedures with tufts.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I was a tuft case. See my signature below for my thread. Plenty of pics to see how my doctor integrated my existing hair in the tuft with my new transplanted hair. Came out great :-)

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Just be very glad you have excellent donor areas which is a huge positive in your case. I had great donor area which has yielded over 7,000 grafts. At the International Hair Restoration conference in Chicago a couple years ago, where I was on display, surgeons examined my donor area and said I could easily have another surgery. You're very fortunate to have great donor areas. Best of luck to you and keep us posted.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hello everybody!

Has anybody got any strategies to make the most of the "tuft" at the front of the head? I have very little hair immediately behind it but my hair is so thick on the sides and mid-scalp that it masks this. This is good as the tuft looks bad on bald men but I also think for men contemplating surgery, it can be good as a focal point to form a hairline natural to you. It also means fewer grafts.

Has anybody got any opinions?

You could transition to a comb-over should you have a good hairline designed.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians