Best doctor for FUE Americas and price average per graph?

I know this has been asked before but I know that price per graph changes constantly.

What is the current average price right now for FUE? (don't like FUT due to scaring)

had several consultations before and they always recommended 1800 to 2200

I was reading reviews in this forum for a while and I was thinking going with Rahal due to his aggresive hairlines techniques but recently they raised the costs substantially for the Beverly Hills California office.

Anyone know which doctors are the best in north or south America?

Average price is $6-$8.

Sometimes you can negotiate based on x number of grafts.

The more grafts, the more leverage with negotiation. Sometimes docs provide discounts if you allow them to use photos even by blocking your face.

Hairlines and for FUE, Dr Baubac, Dr Konior, etc...

If you are looking for best price overall, Dr Vories I think offers one of the greater rates.

If you want to take advantage of great exchange rate pricing, even Hasson & Wong is good.

There are a couple more to choose from but its best to get consults from multiple docs to see what you need.

Regardless of who you go with, definitely evaluate all their surgical protocols.

Good Luck.

Sean makes some great points.

There are no really "affordable" FUE surgeons in N. America but there a few very qualified surgeons.

Vories, Diep, Konior and Baubac (I'm not 100% convinced but worth mentioning) are the main ones to research.

For more affordable options there is also Belgium and Turkey (Erdogan and Keser).

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

• Administrators

I think best value is Dr. Nader in Mexico, he has plenty of reviews on here, his work is good and comparable to the top names in the U.S it may be a bit difficult to get in contact with him, but you may want to PM some members here MrMatt and aWidowspeak for info on how to reach him.

If money is not an issue the other doctors are very good as well, not very sure about Dr. Baubac don't know enough about him to recommend. However, I went to Dr. Diep for my surgeries and I've only had FUE, he has probably one of the largest video library's on YouTube for FUE aside from Dr. Lorenzo, but he's not cheap.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I think best value is Dr. Nader in Mexico, he has plenty of reviews on here, his work is good and comparable to the top names in the U.S it may be a bit difficult to get in contact with him, but you may want to PM some members here MrMatt and aWidowspeak for info on how to reach him.

I've been nearly sold as well based on the success stories mentioned above.

However, lack of robust communication especially if something were to go wrong and also stories of strapping cash to ankles etc. doesn't have me at the level of outright recommending to others quite yet.

Maybe a HRN recommendation bid would be in order.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

^ LOL My Cash for Dr. Nader was.....in my wallet. Going to Mexico to see Nader is very easy if anyone is thinking about going to him. I'm 2 months out from my 2nd Fue of 1800 grafts and everything is right on track. I have early growth and a lot of my hairs didn't even shed but my hair grows extremely fast.

My opinion on U.S. doctors if that yes a lot of them have the skills but they all charge way too much. The average person will have to just suffer with hair loss and that sucks.

I do love Dr. Diep's aggressive hairlines though and the man has more youtube result videos than anyone. At $6 a graft I'd be very upset if the transplant didn't go perfectly though. The fact that some doctors still charge $10 per friggin' graft is insane to me and shows that they don't give a crap about patients it's all just about getting rich.

The fact that some doctors still charge $10 per friggin' graft is insane to me and shows that they don't give a crap about patients it's all just about getting rich.

In my opinion, how much a doctor charges in no way reflects how much (or how little) they care about their patients.

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Get real. Let's say a US doc charged $3000 for a whole day's surgery and performs 3 FUE per week, 48 weeks per year. He or she will need a couple of reception staff and say 4 techs on the payroll. Let's assume they are paid $60,000 each. That's half the money gone already. Now factor in rent, shall we say $50,000 a year. How about advertising - another $20,000 for HTN membership, website etc. What about the cost of all the punches, syringes, needles....taxes, utility bills???

^ LOL My Cash for Dr. Nader was.....in my wallet. Going to Mexico to see Nader is very easy if anyone is thinking about going to him. I'm 2 months out from my 2nd Fue of 1800 grafts and everything is right on track. I have early growth and a lot of my hairs didn't even shed but my hair grows extremely fast.

My opinion on U.S. doctors if that yes a lot of them have the skills but they all charge way too much. The average person will have to just suffer with hair loss and that sucks.

I do love Dr. Diep's aggressive hairlines though and the man has more youtube result videos than anyone. At $6 a graft I'd be very upset if the transplant didn't go perfectly though. The fact that some doctors still charge $10 per friggin' graft is insane to me and shows that they don't give a crap about patients it's all just about getting rich.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

^ LOL

Which part was the LOL directed at?

Was a serious post showing I've been quite impressed but as a non-patient of his it's difficult for me to jump up and recommend him. I also mentioned he might consider seeking recommendation..

Does the communication part get better after you're an actual patient?

Because there are a myriad of guys here on HRN who say it's nearly impossible to get a hold of him and that would worry me for the patient's sake post-op if something were to go wrong.

I'm all in for affordable FUE prices but I recommend the ones I know have excellent communication based on actually contacting clinics (Erdogan, Maras, Lupanzula etc.)

go dense or go home

I've been nearly sold as well based on the success stories mentioned above.

However, lack of robust communication especially if something were to go wrong and also stories of strapping cash to ankles etc. doesn't have me at the level of outright recommending to others quite yet.

Taping my surgery money around my ankles was my idea not Dr Nader's. I am a cautious person & thought it was a good idea just in case I had to reluctantly hand over my wallet to someone on the right end of a gun or knife.

He gladly accepts other forms of payments, but cash gets you a 10% discount, which paid for my flight & put $300. bucks back around my ankle.

Does the communication part get better after you're an actual patient?

Because there are a myriad of guys here on HRN who say it's nearly impossible to get a hold of him and that would worry me for the patient's sake post-op if something were to go wrong.

Once He responded to my emails I was in constant contact with him. When I booked my surgery & sent my flight info he sent me his cell number & told me to call if I had any problems. He does not charge a deposit, I paid $5400 for my 3854 grafts with 3 nights Holiday Inn, lunch & medication included (his prices have since gone up,go figure).With that said & my very happy results, I believe I would have been crazy to go anywhere else.

I did my homework, this doctor is very professional & is everything everyone says he is.

That's good to hear Matt, reassuring. As mentioned yours and others results have impressed me.

Did you approach him about the subject of possibly being recommended here?

go dense or go home

That's good to hear Matt, reassuring. As mentioned yours and others results have impressed me.

Did you approach him about the subject of possibly being recommended here?

Dr Nader seems to be happy doing just one patient a day & told me(11-15) he had no plans of expanding in the near future. He has a state of the art clinic with a staff of six, he does all the extractions & one Tech helps him with planting so he can do up to 3000 FUE grafts a day.

He has more business than he can handle now so being recommended here would only be an extra cost, jack his prices and just add to the problem of communication. He said he will only answer emails personally & hiring someone to answer them would just add to the delay.

All I can say is he seems to answer the most persistent more quickly & good things come to those who wait.

Dr Nader doesn't need to pay a website to be promote him when he 's already booked solid every day of the year.

1978Matt well thankfully Dr. Nader doesn't have to pay for "advertising and another $20,000 for HTN membership" haha

Now did i say a u.s. doctor should charge $3000 for a full days work? No. But do you really think charging 20 grand to move a couple thousand hairs around on someones head isn't greedy? Especially when so many doctors do multiple patients a day and just pop in once in awhile that day to make sure the techs are doing ok...doing 90% of the work. Did i say every doctor? No.

Dr Nader doesn't need to pay a website to be promote him when he 's already booked solid every day of the year.

1978Matt well thankfully Dr. Nader doesn't have to pay for "advertising and another $20,000 for HTN membership" haha

Now did i say a u.s. doctor should charge $3000 for a full days work? No. But do you really think charging 20 grand to move a couple thousand hairs around on someones head isn't greedy? Especially when so many doctors do multiple patients a day and just pop in once in awhile that day to make sure the techs are doing ok...doing 90% of the work. Did i say every doctor? No.

I agree with 1978Matt, that it takes a lot to keep the clinic going, and a state of the art clinic that is staffed properly in the US and Canada just couldn't get close to Naders pricing and stay afloat.

Also, I disagree with the mindset the the docs that charge higher amounts are greedy. That is just ridiculous to me. The US, as it stands now, is a capitalist nation and goods and services are bought and purchased based on supply and demand. Say a top doc does about 180-200 patients a year. That is not a lot, it isn't like they are doing thousands per year. So, a top clinic can charge whatever the income of 180 people per year are willing to pay for his or her services. If a doctor charges too much, his demand will drop based on the supply of other doctors that are meeting or exceeding his skill level (and location).

There are people that pay $500 for a meal at a nice restaurant, $300k for luxury sports car, $15M for a yatch, etc. Are the owners and corporations that provide these things greedy?

Would you say that Ford cares more about their customers that Lexus because they charge less? I have owned both and can tell you that I am always treated better at the Lexus dealership, before, during, and after the sale. I am not saying that Doctors that charge less care less, but I am making a point that just because a doctor charges more, doesn't mean he cares less about his patients. That just sounds preposterous to me.

Edited by Spanker

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Spanker you're a paid representative for one of the most expensive doctors on this site (who also pays a lot to be on here) ...so your opinion about who's greedy and what's affordable doesn't mean anything to me.

I'm glad you've owned a Lexus. Bravo

Spanker you're a paid representative for one of the most expensive doctors on this site (who also pays a lot to be on here) ...so your opinion about who's greedy and what's affordable doesn't mean anything to me.

I'm glad you've owned a Lexus. Bravo

1. Who said I'm a paid rep? I'm a professional outside if the hair industry. Hair is my hobby, not my livelihood.

2. I never said that any transplant is affordable. Affordable is relative to the individual.

3. That's ok that my opinion doesn't mean anything to you. I knew that this particular opinion of mine wouldn't be popular, but being popular and being right are two different things.

4. You called doctors who charge at the upper end greedy and that they don't care about their patients. I tried to give a short brief on supply and demand. Nobody is saying that you or anyone has to get a transplant from any specific doctor. There's no reason to slander these doctors as greedy and uncaring though. It just looks small.

I assure you that the doc I rep is very caring to all his patients and his reputation speaks for itself. He does one patient a day, and is with the pt the entire procedure and his follow up availability directly to the pt is as good as any in the business. As far as greed goes, people, especially in private business that provide non-necessites, only get paid what they are worth. That's the way our economy works. That worth is up for you and everyone else to decide individually and spend your money where you want. All of the doctors that you are complaining about are or can book over a year out. If the quality of their work doesn't meet the lrice that they charge, this will change and so will their prices.

I wish for nothing more (regarding hair, besides a cure for loss) for the market to be flooded with docotors who put out work like the top docs, reducing the demand and the price.

Edited by Spanker

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 1 month later...
Taping my surgery money around my ankles was my idea not Dr Nader's. I am a cautious person & thought it was a good idea just in case I had to reluctantly hand over my wallet to someone on the right end of a gun or knife.

Joizus Criced

• 6 months later...
Get real. Let's say a US doc charged $3000 for a whole day's surgery and performs 3 FUE per week, 48 weeks per year. He or she will need a couple of reception staff and say 4 techs on the payroll. Let's assume they are paid $60,000 each. That's half the money gone already. Now factor in rent, shall we say $50,000 a year. How about advertising - another $20,000 for HTN membership, website etc. What about the cost of all the punches, syringes, needles....taxes, utility bills???

That's one way to put it but you may of forgot a 1 there. They charge closer to $13,000, not $3,000.