19 years old

• Administrators
However, I've never said that I'd go for a HT now. I said in the future.

Future as in 2 years, that's hardly enough time, you'll be 21 and still too young to determine a safe zone, I would say at a minimum you should wait till 26. The problem is that no body can predict your pattern or what hair is permanent and what hair is not, it is a very real possibility that you will be a very bald Norwood 6/7, if any hair is taken from a zone that is not permanent you will run into serious problems, scattered hair in unnatural pattern, visible FUE punch scars, an island of hair, those are just a few possible scenarios all of which are worse than being bald IMO.

Additionally, you are losing hair rapidly, I looked back at a thread from last year and you've lost A LOT of hair in just a year, which shows your hair loss is not stable, if you have surgery you could get bad shock loss and end up looking worse than you did before surgery. Ultimately, it's your choice your body you will do what you want to, your asking us for advice and we're a group of individuals with nothing to gain telling you the truth, it's up to you if you want to accept it.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Future as in 2 years, that's hardly enough time, you'll be 21 and still too young to determine a safe zone, I would say at a minimum you should wait till 26. The problem is that no body can predict your pattern or what hair is permanent and what hair is not, it is a very real possibility that you will be a very bald Norwood 6/7, if any hair is taken from a zone that is not permanent you will run into serious problems, scattered hair in unnatural pattern, visible FUE punch scars, an island of hair, those are just a few possible scenarios all of which are worse than being bald IMO.

Additionally, you are losing hair rapidly, I looked back at a thread from last year and you've lost A LOT of hair in just a year, which shows your hair loss is not stable, if you have surgery you could get bad shock loss and end up looking worse than you did before surgery. Ultimately, it's your choice your body you will do what you want to, your asking us for advice and we're a group of individuals with nothing to gain telling you the truth, it's up to you if you want to accept it.

You're right mate. I'm kosing hair at a rapid pace atm but who knows, in 3-5 years time hair loss can be stable and stop.

I had James Dean hair until i was 24ish then it slowly started to recede. I remember looking in the mirror at my hairline that had only went back about half a inch at that point and picturing my bald future. I cried lol. So i know how it goes, it sucks.

So sorry to the OP, HT will only worsen your aesthetics with time IMO. I think you might have to just shave and rock the bald look for another 6 years and see where your hair loss is at to plan forward

I've talked to a quality doctor and he said I can get a hair transplant in the future + take some grafts from the beard. The doctor have himself done these surgery so that was quite positive

Unfortunately, things you can do don't always consist of things you should do. Who was the doctor and how far in the future did he say?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

i agree with many of the comments posted here, you're way too young to be looking into a HT at this stage, you have what appears to be alot of miniaturization in the crown area, so that area is bound to become thinner, you also don't know how much your lateral humps will drop so you don't want a patch of hair on top of your head seperated from your sides that looks like an island... sorry for the bad news but your best route is to take a wait & see approach until your late 20's early 30's and see how your hair loss progresses or stabilizes. Look into getting on meds if they're appropriate for you, some natural supplements (ie. saw palmetto, MSM, b-complex), better shampoos, minox, etc. best of luck to you and you always have the support of this community for advice, seeing others' experiences, etc.

Research that doctor more.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

That's an arrogant response. He's had some really good results but these can come along the way too, sometimes.

You're going to end up just like another 19 year-old we tried to help TheMirrorOfDreams, you don't want to listen.

Hey it's your head and money, good luck.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/172143-19-years-age-norwood-2-3-there-anybody-out-there.html

go dense or go home

You're going to end up just like another 19 year-old we tried to help TheMirrorOfDreams, you don't want to listen.

Hey it's your head and money, good luck.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/172143-19-years-age-norwood-2-3-there-anybody-out-there.html

Mate, I didn't say i'd have an ht now. I will definitely wait 4-6 years.

Ok but why the "blind-eyed" approach on liking any doctor that will accept your case?

This is one of the most hard-core hair restoration sites on the planet with more HT veterans than any other forum, if you see us trying to gently nudge you away from a doctor (which I did at first) then you should take it as an important sign. We try to help others avoid the pitfalls out there and there are many.

Anyway, some people's mind's are made up and can't be change.

If you really open up your eyes you'll see everyone in this thread is trying to help you. But maybe your current mindset is not letting you see that.

good luck and be careful out there

go dense or go home

Ok but why the "blind-eyed" approach on liking any doctor that will accept your case?

This is one of the most hard-core hair restoration sites on the planet with more HT veterans than any other forum, if you see us trying to gently nudge you away from a doctor (which I did at first) then you should take it as an important sign. We try to help others avoid the pitfalls out there and there are many.

Anyway, some people's mind's are made up and can't be change.

If you really open up your eyes you'll see everyone in this thread is trying to help you. But maybe your current mindset is not letting you see that.

good luck and be careful out there

Fair enough and many thanks! Is there a doctor that has a very good reputation on this forum that is from turkey/europe?

I'm pretty sure belguims bisanga or feredini are known to take on some complex cases such as these. But your best bet for money is koray erdogan from Turkey hands down. Lorenzo from Spain. Diep, kesser, feller, Alexander and Shapiro are pretty pronoun names in the FUE industry., so look into those names and do your research.

Really do wish you the best of luck mate.

I have a realistic expectation. As long as the doctor can create a bit of buzz cut look with normally shaved hair, I'd be happy.

"You will never be a candidate unless you get on meds" and my question to you is: how do you know? How? How do you know how my hairloss and donor area is gonna develop? It may stabalize for all we know but you seem so sure of the fact how it will develop as if you can see into the future.

Here is someone who has had a hairloss like me and is getting a ht: Image - TinyPic - gratis v?rdtj?nst f?r bilder, foton och video

As long as the doctor can create a bit of buzz cut look with normally shaved hair, I'd be happy.

Then SMP should be a consideration for your goal.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

You're getting on my nerves now. I'm young and I'm on this forum gain as much as information as possible, in every single way. Don't get fucking annoyed because I ask questions.

Sencondly, I have tried every single haircut. I've even shaved my hair to the skin and i dont have the head to pull it off. I'm literally not comfotable in my skin at the moment. Hate life. Fuck life

https://postimg.org/image/bovumginb/

Not the most clear lines but somewhere there or even 0,5 cm upwards and I will be happy. I don't need a full head of hair as long as I can get a relatively clean buzz cut look or something like that.

I will never consider a fut surgery given that I'd like to keep my hair short, therefore fue is my option. I'm aware that choosing doctors and when the time comes I will definitly not care about the price. I'm a hugeeee fan of Koray Erdogan and if he will be around in the future He will be my no. 1 choice if there aren't any better.