Any reputable clinics in SE Asia?

bennyt89

So a quick summary of my journey so far. I'm 27 years old and have been slowly losing my hair over the past 7 or so years, which like most of us has taken a massive toll on my self esteem and confidence. I have a receding hairline which up until this point I have been able to hide fairly well and put forth the illusion of good coverage and thickness (blowdryer, hairspray and comb). I would say I'm hovering between a Norwood 2 or even 3. Over the past few months it's really started to ramp up, the front of my hair is really starting to thin and my hairline is slowly creeping back, it's also very noticeably thin in sunlight and brighter lighting.

About 5 years ago I had a consultation at Dr Jennifer Martinick's clinic in Perth, Australia (where I live). Was actually planning to go ahead with it but luckily I came across this forum and others where I learned the truth about the HT industry in Australia (expensive with no reputable surgeons). So I decided to hold off as my hair wasn't too bad back then.

I'm now at a point where I need to do something about my hair, I debated going down the hair system route, but would rather a long term permanent solution. I was planning to do some travel through SE Asia and was wondering if there were any reputable clinics there for HT? I know there was a couple if Thailand.

Any advice is appreciated. Location wise, SE Asia is convenient should I need to go more than once, and financially works out better as well.

Currently, the only hair transplant surgeon we recommend in SE Asia is Coalition member Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich. "Dr. Path" as he is known is a top choice!

You can use our interactive map to locate all of the physicians we recommend.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hi,

I strongly advise you to choose top surgeon Dr Kapil Dua (FISHRS) from India. He is one of the best hair transplant surgeon in world. Check his complete profile - and best result by him

Online Representative and Patient Advisor for:

Dr. Kapil Dua, AKClinics - Hair Transplant in Delhi, Ludhiana and Bangalore, Chennai - India.

Dr. Kapil Dua, Board of Governor at ISHRS(USA), Board of Governor at AAHRS, President of AHRS India

is a recommended surgeon at Hair Transplant Network.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Below is my reply to a previous similar question. Also don't be afraid to travel a bit farther for the best surgeon.

US and Belgium have a concentration of great docs.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185427-recommendations-dr-s-east-asia.html

Dr. Wu in Taiwan was almost recommended here, but in the end some local laws there made it impossible for him to complete the recommendation process.

I'm not sure if he's a FUE master but you could always try to contact him.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Bit hard to recommend Aus docs when noone speaks about them online, really.

The most recent hair transplant from Dr. Marzola is back form 2003. There's a recent scalp advance that looks nice, but no transplants.

There's one post from Dr Knudsen recently, and then you again have to go back to like 2003 for more results.

Most other surgeon's barely even have Google search results. There's one surgeon in Melbourne that looks hopeful, though.

Blame Australians being generally ignorant to the internet, I guess.

Hi Transhair,

Which surgeon do you speak of in Melbourne that you think looks to hopefully be good??

It is a real shame there isn't more feed back on this site about Australian doctors as I'm sure that some people are still having procedures done locally in Australia.

I did have a consultation at the Knudsen clinic in Melbourne with Dr Vikram Jayaprakash. He seemed knowledgeable and ok to talk to but as most people have pointed out its hard to find any results when you google these Aussie doctors.

Have you heard of the above dr or know any of his work??

The post that you spoke about regarding someone going to dr Knudsen was the patient happy with results? I could find that post

I'll look for it.

Hair growth looked good p, though conservative because that's what knudsen does (he seems to take the less is more ideology to the extreme sometimes).

Scar was eh, wasn't thick but doesn't compare to the absolute top surgeons here. Might be his physiology though.

As for bosnich, I just heard someone here being positive of him and that he's certified both the australian and American surgical boards or something. Can't speak of his surgery but you'd be good to get a consult with him for multiple points of view.

Hey mate,

Im from Australia too. Have you looked into Dr Laorwong? Results seem great and there is a thread on this site with outstanding results. He would be your best bet in SE Asia I would think.

hair loss | hair transplantation | hair restoration | FUE hair transplant | eyebrow transplant | Bangkok | Thailand

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
Julieta peralta Arambulo was recommended here, but for some reason not anymore. In Philippines.

I visited the Asian Hair Restoration Center in Ortigas, the staff were nice but they need to work on the emotional engagement side of the business - certainly for me.

I essentially left empty handed and wasted several thousand dollars (flights, accommodation etc).

They just couldn't give me the emotional engagement I needed and this is an emotional process, I think many would agree.

• 2 months later...
I visited the Asian Hair Restoration Center in Ortigas, the staff were nice but they need to work on the emotional engagement side of the business - certainly for me.

I essentially left empty handed and wasted several thousand dollars (flights, accommodation etc).

They just couldn't give me the emotional engagement I needed and this is an emotional process, I think many would agree.

what was the problem?

• 4 years later...
  • Valued Contributor
On 1/3/2017 at 8:41 AM, KO said:

There's a poster who had work done by Jennifer Martinick a few years ago.

She’s retired from my understanding and her work was aweful. I’ve consulted with her and she never made eye contact and constantly took calls. 

• Haha 1