5000 grafts FUE - 13th/14th December - Asmed Dr Erdogan

DEB1982

Cheers for the update. Good to haer the spots have fu.ked off mostly.

Good to get the first month out the way.

Do you find yourself looking in the mirror and checking it out a lot? Or wear the hats and spend less time looking at this stage?

Awesome thread brother keep us posted!

Cheers pal, will do.

Cheers for the update. Good to haer the spots have fu.ked off mostly.

Good to get the first month out the way.

Do you find yourself looking in the mirror and checking it out a lot? Or wear the hats and spend less time looking at this stage?

Yeah my thoughts exactly. One month down, hopefully only another two to go before I start to see some growth.

I actually find that I look much less in the mirror than I did prior to my HT. I think partly because I know it looks sh1t and there is nothing I can do about it so no point checking. My crown has completely gone and I have it out for everyone in my office to see and nobody has said anything about it.

When I'm out at the weekend I just wear a baseball cap.

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

1 Month Post Op

One month down and I am deep in the ugly duckling phase now. From previous cases I've reviewed I always find the majority of people look at their worst during month one and two. So let's hope it goes quickly.

I shaved my donor area this morning to a three guard and still unsure whether this was a good thing. It definitely looks a little tidier but I can see some scars at this length and also I seem to have a little cluster of red spots on one side. I have found myself itching this area so this could be why. I have sent the photo to the clinic so will see what they make of it.

I don't have any pain at all anymore. Still some numbness in the frontal area though. As for the shedding I am still seeing hairs in the shower but am also clinging on to some of the transplanted hairs in the frontal area. I have maybe a little lingering redness but nothing that I think is really noticeable. I have perhaps suffered a little shock loss throughout as seems a little thinner. Could be a Fin shed though as have switched back to brand from generic.

I have attached some photos.

IMG_3014.thumb.jpg.25741e151cd4d64fdb4959e7aaadd898.jpg

IMG_3015.thumb.jpg.0934812de7defec5ecc63df42c45cf86.jpg

IMG_3017.thumb.jpg.2d68275c6340c7d0601e5a618074c26a.jpg

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Looks shorter than grade 3? Is guard and grade the same? I have mine shaved to grade 1.5 which is possibly a little shorter than I should go as I think you can see it a little if your looking for something.. but I keep in mind, as should you, that 99% wouldn't think anyone of it and ever if they did they probably wouldn't even think of a HT as it's still a very uncommon procedure.

1 Month Post Op

One month down and I am deep in the ugly duckling phase now. From previous cases I've reviewed I always find the majority of people look at their worst during month one and two. So let's hope it goes quickly.

I shaved my donor area this morning to a three guard and still unsure whether this was a good thing. It definitely looks a little tidier but I can see some scars at this length and also I seem to have a little cluster of red spots on one side. I have found myself itching this area so this could be why. I have sent the photo to the clinic so will see what they make of it.

I don't have any pain at all anymore. Still some numbness in the frontal area though. As for the shedding I am still seeing hairs in the shower but am also clinging on to some of the transplanted hairs in the frontal area. I have maybe a little lingering redness but nothing that I think is really noticeable. I have perhaps suffered a little shock loss throughout as seems a little thinner. Could be a Fin shed though as have switched back to brand from generic.

I have attached some photos.

Doesn't look that bad mate, 4 more weeks and you'll be thru it. I plan the same post 2 weeks, leave as is in office and home and wear baseball cap everywhere else. Have day 2 surgery on Monday, doesnt look like I'll have much redness but lets see.

Looks shorter than grade 3? Is guard and grade the same? I have mine shaved to grade 1.5 which is possibly a little shorter than I should go as I think you can see it a little if your looking for something.. but I keep in mind, as should you, that 99% wouldn't think anyone of it and ever if they did they probably wouldn't even think of a HT as it's still a very uncommon procedure.

Actually thinking about it I may have made a mistake here. I shaved it at number 3 on my beard trimmers which I presumed was a grade 3 but must be shorter as does look much shorter. Oops!

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

So I did make a mistake. My hair is actually at a grade 1 which is 3mm. Considering that it actually looks really good! Happier now!

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

So I did make a mistake. My hair is actually at a grade 1 which is 3mm. Considering that it actually looks really good! Happier now!

Lol, or well as you know from the HT (where it's shaved almost to the bone), it'll grown back within a week or so. My hair has always grown quickly so I like it quite short on the side and back and I think I can get away with 1.5 grade. I had my hair cut last night so I'll post some pictures on my thread later.

Doesn't look that bad mate, 4 more weeks and you'll be thru it. I plan the same post 2 weeks, leave as is in office and home and wear baseball cap everywhere else. Have day 2 surgery on Monday, doesnt look like I'll have much redness but lets see.

Cheers mate. I hope today is going well. I'd imagine you are in the implantation stage now, so nearly finished.

Lol, or well as you know from the HT (where it's shaved almost to the bone), it'll grown back within a week or so. My hair has always grown quickly so I like it quite short on the side and back and I think I can get away with 1.5 grade. I had my hair cut last night so I'll post some pictures on my thread later.

Just seen your pics. Wish I had as much native hair on top as you had. Looking really good! Couldn't see any scarring at that length either.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Day 33 Post Op

Not much has changed although I am still shedding some of the transplanted hairs but at a much slower rate now. I'm still holding on to some and they are growing at the same rate as my normal hair. Whether they do finally shed or continue to grow we will have to wait and see.

I just took a photo at work as I didn't take any this morning and you can still see some redness in the front which I can't see at home. I asked a colleague sat next to me and he confirmed that it looks a little redder.

Everyone has commented that it looks much better now that I shaved the back and sides down so I would recommend doing this after you are a month out.

h1.jpg.c24e62e6ba5680ab8e998da45dc172f0.jpg

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

5 weeks Post Op

I am still shedding a few hairs each day but I also think that some of my native hair is starting to grow back especially in the crown area. I'm hoping that my appearance isn't going to get any worse from here as I can actually live with this look.

I have had a few big spots appear on my head so I introduced a tea tree shampoo that I use bi-weekly and that seems to have done the job in clearing them up.

I am also back in the gym five days a week now and that has definitely eased my anxiety again and given me a focus which I think really helps.

The donor area was shaved to a grade 1 at the weekend and nobody has mentioned anything about seeing scars and now only 3 days later I can barely see them. So it would seem that you can just about get away with a grade 1 following FUE.

The hair looks like it has product in but it's just Aloe Vera gel.

Any questions, just ask.

H1.thumb.jpg.28463519b631e971577a80e7985cb93f.jpg

H2.thumb.jpg.2e19cdb8549f60c6b755d3621f9dc2a1.jpg

H3.thumb.jpg.0512ff9113aefbc4cc0be1d0b65df866.jpg

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Early Growth??

I'm just about to come to 6 weeks out and I may be completely wrong but I can see lots of little black dots in my new hair line. There was never any hair there before so it can't be my native hair.

Is this not too early for transplanted hair to begin growing. I had a lot of itching sensations in the transplanted area for the past two days?

I do still have some of transplanted hair growing that has never shed as well.

Not sure what to think??

I have attached a photo but quality isn't great will upload another later when home.

H1.thumb.jpg.b8fe349913472f08b4d7a4b366c1c2fa.jpg

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Hey Deb,

Congratulations on you procedure, looks neat to me.

I have also had 2135 grafts and in the same boat. Though I might have had a little later than yours.

Can you have a look and say what you think there? http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185697-2135-frontal-grafts-dr-bhatti-24-th-dec-2016-a-3.html

Also can you let me know the cost at ASMED?

Thanks

Early Growth??

I'm just about to come to 6 weeks out and I may be completely wrong but I can see lots of little black dots in my new hair line. There was never any hair there before so it can't be my native hair.

Is this not too early for transplanted hair to begin growing. I had a lot of itching sensations in the transplanted area for the past two days?

I do still have some of transplanted hair growing that has never shed as well.

Not sure what to think??

I have attached a photo but quality isn't great will upload another later when home.

Hey, I'd say those are definitely hairs based on my experience and it was the temples where I really saw it start too. Hair gains be coming! :D

Day 40 Post Op

I have started to realise why many of you make the point of trying to not check your progress daily until the 3 month mark. This is mainly because some days my hair looks like it's thickening and then other days it looks as if I have had another shed. Regardless of this it is near impossible when you are near a mirror not to try and see what has changed.

I definitely believe I have had some growth and it seems to be only in the temple region. It's not much but there are new hairs coming through there and that area previously had no hair. As you can see I have experienced a bit of shock loss throughout and my hair looks thinner on top than ever. I had started using the laser comb and minoxidil again though so it could be a shed caused by that.

Anyway see for yourself. Wednesday marks 6 weeks and I think I will switch to weekly updates then as not much is happening or changing now.

H1.thumb.jpg.101c707bbec9011c74963b9c8e943f5b.jpg

H2.thumb.jpg.07f4ab658e0c8b90df23b4b8751be3a7.jpg

H3.thumb.jpg.5569fe835ecc266667bacb97c2886c60.jpg

H4.thumb.jpg.ecc59a3a7c16a732d73dfbaa0b5a4956.jpg

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Hey, I'd say those are definitely hairs based on my experience and it was the temples where I really saw it start too. Hair gains be coming! :D

I hope so pal. I suffered some shock loss on top so it's looking patchy and thin which isn't a good look.

looking like early growth surely? Thats pretty good news. Things will keep getting better and better hopefully.

Yeah I hope so. This is a tough time though. I look worse than I ever have.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

6 Weeks Post Op

Not much has changed again. Think I have shed a few more hairs in the transplanted area but I think my shed is pretty much over now. As you can see I have experienced some shock loss but I was expecting this given the size of area covered.

I'm hopefully about half way now though until I should start to at least see some of the shock loss return and potentially start to see any early growth. It hasn't hugely impacted my life. I just wear a hat when I am out and about.

I have had a few itching sensations and a couple of mammoth spots come and go but no discomfort at all. Even the numbness in the front of my head has pretty much gone as well as the redness.

As I said before will now update weekly as otherwise I'm just posting the same photos.

H1.thumb.jpg.d63893eca22a5f34f7b4676d2580ef73.jpg

H2.thumb.jpg.d9c7875c36d0cfe621ff6c37dd3db9f8.jpg

H3.thumb.jpg.7a9c0f451043be999997b2c5e3a6576b.jpg

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Just a quick question for you guys. When washing this morning I had a slight itch on my head in a certain area so I washed it a little harder and this came out. Does that look like a normal graft shedding or is that a lost graft with the bulb attached. There was no blood. Would be shocked at nearly 7 weeks out. Thanks

IMG_3226.thumb.jpg.a8b6092d41a70847792bad9743818a3b.jpg

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Morning mate , i think I've seen this before and it was said that it was a graft that had died ?? I'm a little confused as to why it would take 7 weeks to be rejected but I suppose anything is possible ?? Have a google of "j" hairs .. possibly a graft that was placed too deep ?? Out of interest did asmed clinic use the "Keep" implanter on you ?

That's not i ideal. I have messaged the clinic for their view as well. I suppose as long as it's only a couple that get rejected it shouldn't make too much difference to the final result.

Yeah they used the keep implanted on me. Will have a google of that as well. Thanks

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Hey DEBS,

Glad to hear that day to day you are just getting on with it. This morning I transferred my deposit to ASMED; so becoming a bit more real for me!

Interested in the outcome of the potentially rejected graft. As you said, after 7 weeks that seems a bit strange from my (very very basic) understanding. Although if it's just one graft then won't impact on the overall result - but ASMED then owe you 2.5 EUROS ;)

Hey DEBS,

Glad to hear that day to day you are just getting on with it. This morning I transferred my deposit to ASMED; so becoming a bit more real for me!

Interested in the outcome of the potentially rejected graft. As you said, after 7 weeks that seems a bit strange from my (very very basic) understanding. Although if it's just one graft then won't impact on the overall result - but ASMED then owe you 2.5 EUROS ;)

Congratulations on paying the deposit. They are a class outfit so you will be in good hands there.

So I heard back from the clinic already and they claim that is not a lost graft just a shed hair that has some skin attached to it. They said if it was a failed graft then there would blood or even dried blood at this stage which there was none. The fact that the hair in question has grown in length as well means that it is fine. Worry over I guess.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Cheers mate. I'm about to look at flights and saw your comment about spending a bit extra to upgrade from economy but there don't seem to be any seats for that when I'm looking to travel. Also thinking of making it a 2 week trip to Turkey. Is it worth it do you think or will I be too knackered or need decent accommodation (e.g. My own house) immediately post surgery?

Good to hear that the hair isn't a graft. Appears to be good customer service from ASMED with a speedy reply. So all going well for you considering the stage you are at.

At what point do you expect to see regrowth? When do you reckon it will just look like a short haircut?

I agree with asmed! Looks totally normal,hook shaped or j shaped hairs are quite normal to shed as far as I know only recently someone said about a graft being damaged causing that shape bit I'm no expert!

What I can tell you is that looks like a normal shedding hair which has a crust attatched so nothing to worry about!!!

Everyone stress out about does this look right or wrong etc but at 7 weeks then it's either taken under the scalp or hasn't and there isn't much you can do wrong or right it's down to mother nature now!

But you went to one of the best so I wouldn't worry I'm sure your result will be a belter!!!

Good luck with the growth and congrats in taking the plunge! !