5000 grafts FUE - 13th/14th December - Asmed Dr Erdogan

DEB1982

14 month update

I just wanted to post a quick update as I am still seeing continued improvement and I've also booked in with Asmed for my second procedure which I'm hoping will be my last for quite some time.

What I've found over the past two months is the hair really starting to thicken and mature. It is becoming more manageable as well as it was slightly frizzy at first. The crown has really filled in now with the added thickness as has my frontal area as you can see with the fringe pulled back. Hopefully over the next few months there will be even more to come. As Spex has always said it really does take 18 months to see the full effect of the procedure. So please don't think it's game over at 6 months. I saw my biggest improvement from month 10 to 12.

The biggest plus of this whole journey has been the improvement in my mental health. I no longer feel anxious when in groups of people or constantly checking my hair at every opportunity. I walk in the wind and rain with my head hel high, I swim underwater and I let people touch my hair. These all sounds like normal things but they were things I've avoided for years. The final picture I added is from a holiday I have just returned from where the wind was blowing my hair all over the place. Not had a photo like that in over 15 years. It's a good feeling.

It is easily the best investment I have ever made and I am astounded at the results and the effect it has had on my life. I thank everyone on here for giving me the support to do it.

I've booked back in for a second procedure in December 2018 which will mark my two year mark. I'm just adding a little more density into the crown and hairline and then having some very small temple work done. They've predicted 2000 grafts will be required. I'm hoping that after this procedure I will be set until my 50's. It will only leave me with 2000 grafts in the bank but I feel confident that with my current regime that I will maintain what I have for a long time. If not let's hope they figure out who to clone hair follicles in the next ten years.

Hair2.thumb.jpg.ff0838cce7b4027b313d190d6bbb55bc.jpg

Hair4.thumb.jpg.20d7de907cbab0d9f3bc7189998f978e.jpg

Hair5.thumb.jpg.30ff7369cc8f0a1ae04f433361876760.jpg

Hair6.thumb.jpg.4c85d2edbb67f0e8f1413715b2e59c2e.jpg

Hair7.thumb.jpg.6a3a6fa58906dbe0305c8b7b7751fbcf.jpg

Hair11.jpg.4d04d6713ff3451104226978e3c7c78a.jpg

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

I agree with mosd, this is a killer result and your hair looks perfect now. I would personally hold onto that 2000 grafts for insurance against future loss rather than fine-tuning your already spectacular results, but I'm relatively risk-averse when it comes to this type of surgery.

Your thread has been very helpful so thank you for that. I'm at nearly 4 months post-op now and your frequent pics and updates helped set my expectations about how gradual the growth process actually is. If I end up with results like yours I will be thrilled.

WOW! This is incredible!! So thick and natural looking! Congratulations, I would say that you wouldn't even need a 2nd procedure at this point, but understand we're our own worst critics so do what you need to make you happy buddy!

12/2017 - 3500 Grafts- Dr. Emrah Cinik

Follow my progress:

Smash those 2000 grafts out man, take it next level. Especially impressed with the crown improvement for such a small amount of grafts. This is looksmaxing at its best.

• Like 2

absolutely outstanding results..your journey is what brought me to pull the trigger 2 months ago.....amazing how much donor you must have?!?!?!

Cheers mate, glad I could be of some help. I was originally quoted as having 9000 grafts available but that may have changed as it often does when I go back for my next evaluation. First two months were the worst but from there on it gets better every month.

do you really need a second boss? It looks great. Why not enjoy it and save the grafts for the future?

Need and want are two very different beasts. The answer is no but I know a second pass would give me the head of hair I've always desired and that's what I'm doing. Greedy perhaps but there you go.

I agree with mosd, this is a killer result and your hair looks perfect now. I would personally hold onto that 2000 grafts for insurance against future loss rather than fine-tuning your already spectacular results, but I'm relatively risk-averse when it comes to this type of surgery.

Your thread has been very helpful so thank you for that. I'm at nearly 4 months post-op now and your frequent pics and updates helped set my expectations about how gradual the growth process actually is. If I end up with results like yours I will be thrilled.

I'm not risk averse and I know others plan cautiously but I would rather have a full head of hair for the next ten years and then perhaps lose a little when I'm older. Who know's what technology advances they will make in the next decade anyway. Always the optimist. 4 months is where all the real fun begins, well in my case, so happy growing from here on.

Well this thread inspired me to push through with the HT. Do you still experience zero side effects from finasteride?

Yep I have been on Fin for over 10 years and had no side effects whatsoever much to my partners dismay! I'm prepared to try Dut as well if Fut ever stops being effective.

WOW! This is incredible!! So thick and natural looking! Congratulations, I would say that you wouldn't even need a 2nd procedure at this point, but understand we're our own worst critics so do what you need to make you happy buddy!

Cheers pal, appreciate it. I've seen your thread and you are well on your way.

Smash those 2000 grafts out man, take it next level. Especially impressed with the crown improvement for such a small amount of grafts. This is looksmaxing at its best.

Thank you. Yours is also looking amazing and you have another 6 months of growth and maturity to come. Mine always looked a little sparse and then Month 10 - 12 it just suddenly filled in!

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Would just like to say a big Thankyou for your posts, made me pull the trigger and get it done at asmed... Back home now just writing up my review. Will try make it as detailed as yours. Cheers Debs

It is a decision you will not regret. I can't wait to get back out there.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

So a slight change to timings to fit in with my holidays but I am now going to ASMED next month for my second procedure. I will start a new thread for this procedure shortly so this one will come to an end.

I will be at 18 months by that time so I think I should have seen all the improvements I'm going too.

I've attached a photo and this is just combed through. As you can see the thickness just keeps on coming.

Hopefully this thread has been off some help to people and I promise to be as detailed with my next one.

H111.thumb.jpg.b9bd22fc1f664c6d819d3b9bfe65b183.jpg

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

• Administrators

Fantastic results mate, but where are they gonna fit anymore grafts haha.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 6 months later...

So it is a few days over a month until I travel back to Asmed for my second procedure and it will be 24 months nearly to the day since my first procedure. Flights are all booked and money has been exchanged into Euros. I have to be honest and say that although I have been through this before I am still finding that I am becoming more apprehensive the closer the date comes. The plan is for 2500 grafts to be inserted in the frontal region and crown to add density. I'm hoping for a little temporal action but will let Dr Erdogan take the lead on whether he thinks this is in my best interest.

As for how I feel about my situation after 24 months, I am extremely happy. I went into the first procedure thinking that I was going to have the hairline I always dreamed of but the reality was that I had unrealistic expectations. It's not dense enough to be able to style backwards hence the desire for a second pass but the improvement is unbelievable. I don't feel like I've lost any ground over the past two years but do feel like some days it looks better than other days. Everyone compliments me on it and the positive impact it has had on my life and mental well being can't be put into words. It takes me two minutes to style my hair currently compared to the 30 minute routine I used to have of applying concealers and sprays. I swim, walk in the rain / wind, all the things I used to avoid and you can't put a cost on those things. 

I will start my new thread before the end of the month and add a link to this thread. I have added a couple of photos so you can see my hair today. Please excuse the photos. They are all I have 😂H5.thumb.PNG.5ff8f9cf89d9214598442b89f678c4fa.PNGH4.thumb.PNG.3a1139ddb596baec7d921e7b04b0f74c.PNGH3.thumb.PNG.d5f421d682f238f0200fde96b653ae78.PNGH2.thumb.PNG.4dbc942e9e75400b38f59323662c6f66.PNG

• Like 1

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

6 hours ago, Payam said:

Really amazing result man but I don't understand where they are putting all those grafts, is it mostly in new temples and the crown? And what is your hair diameter?

Mainly crown and to reinforce the hairline. I'm hoping for some temporal work yes. 

60 microns

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Truly an outstanding, life changing result and outcome!

Thank you for posting your ht journey, truly inspiring! looking forward to following your next ht.

Whom ever said “money can’t by happiness” was lying! 😁

• 1 month later...
On 12/20/2018 at 12:05 AM, baldlivesmatter said:

Just reread this long ass thread start to finish.

Your result is amazing and you're looking aesthetic AF now!

Congrats dude!

4 hours ago, HairShadows said:

Also just finished reading from start to finish. Thanks for the excellent documenting!

I'm at 3.5 months and so far my progress is following yours identically.

Nice to see this thread is still helping people. I still refer back to it if I’m honest to compare to what I’m going through this time. 

Good luck with your journeys! 

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly