5000 grafts FUE - 13th/14th December - Asmed Dr Erdogan

DEB1982

I agree with asmed! Looks totally normal,hook shaped or j shaped hairs are quite normal to shed as far as I know only recently someone said about a graft being damaged causing that shape bit I'm no expert!

What I can tell you is that looks like a normal shedding hair which has a crust attatched so nothing to worry about!!!

Everyone stress out about does this look right or wrong etc but at 7 weeks then it's either taken under the scalp or hasn't and there isn't much you can do wrong or right it's down to mother nature now!

But you went to one of the best so I wouldn't worry I'm sure your result will be a belter!!!

Good luck with the growth and congrats in taking the plunge! !

Thank you, really appreciate that.

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

I have scheduled my HT with Asmed and am really nervous. I have hid my hair loss for many years and am worried about coming back and people noticing I had a HT done. Can you wear baseball hats after the procedure?

Wtf are you scared of? You're going to have a new hairline that is going to look bloody awesome! And why the f does it matter what other people think? It's none of your business how other people judge you . You're never going to see them again.

Confidence is internal not external, let go other social pressure. Get out of your comfort zone, be free, hair transplant isn't the solution to your social problems, you are.

I have scheduled my HT with Asmed and am really nervous. I have hid my hair loss for many years and am worried about coming back and people noticing I had a HT done. Can you wear baseball hats after the procedure?

You have nothing to worry about. I felt the same and honestly as Vainism says below it's nobody else's concern but yours. I'm sat here in my office with at least 25 other people in the middle of the ugly duckling stage looking worse than I ever have and nobody cares. The whole experience is very liberating actually. 10 years of hiding my disappearing hairline and crown. Maybe I would have just shaved it off if I knew how I would feel now.

No that's rubbish actually. I want my old hair back. Yeah I wear a cap a fair bit just take it off when I'm inside as ASMED told me it's important to still let the scalp breathe.

Wtf are you scared of? You're going to have a new hairline that is going to look bloody awesome! And why the f does it matter what other people think? It's none of your business how other people judge you . You're never going to see them again.

Confidence is internal not external, let go other social pressure. Get out of your comfort zone, be free, hair transplant isn't the solution to your social problems, you are.

You speak the truth but I think people have to realise that themselves. I felt exactly the same as the previous poster.

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

7 Weeks Post Op

Time for another weekly update. The weeks do seem to be gaining some momentum now which is a nice feeling as I was told I should start seeing some growth by 12 weeks so only 5 more to go. Come on!!!

Not much to talk about or add. The only issue I've had are huge spots that come and go in different areas on my head. No numbness or redness. Although the redness seems to return a little after a hot shower or after a cardio session.

I've attached a wet photo today as it gives a better idea of where I am and you can see the new hairline. Still suffering from shock loss.Mentally I have accepted where I am and not worrying about it.

H1.thumb.jpg.918f79edc4c4380babf4ea761374a048.jpg

H2.thumb.jpg.84cdb23232d417dd93351826c7f42a47.jpg

H32.jpg.503a125084412ea48cfd851b13f0d0fd.jpg

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Looks good man. Of the grafts that's didn't fall out, are they growing? I had my HT done 3 days after you and I have 20% that didn't fall out but they aren't growing either. Just hanging out!

I think I had about 10% that didn't fall out. Some are growing and have got pretty long but others seem shorter. It's hard to say. I wouldn't worry, it seems that everyone heals / grows differently.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

I think your hair looks better in the wet photo. From the front (how most people see you) it looks pretty decent, I don't think people would guess you had a HT?

Thanks for the weekly updates. Really helpful to see such a detailed account of the post-surgery issues.

Oh yeh - hows your donor area? Is that healed?

I think your hair looks better in the wet photo. From the front (how most people see you) it looks pretty decent, I don't think people would guess you had a HT?

Thanks for the weekly updates. Really helpful to see such a detailed account of the post-surgery issues.

Oh yeh - hows your donor area? Is that healed?

Yeah it does look better when wet. I use aloe vera gel in the morning like a styling product which I also think makes it look better during the day. I like the aloe vera gel so much that I may even just carry on using that as my every day styling product when my hair comes through.

There is no point posting anymore than weekly now as all the shedding has finished. I'm not seeing any hairs in my hands when washing and although I can see a few small see through hairs sprouting you wouldn't be able to see them in a picture.

Donor area is all healed. I keep it at a grade 1.5 and you can't see any scars. If I go to a grade 1 you can see some but only if you were really looking for it. I'm hoping as the scars heal over time that I will be able to go to a grade 1 in the future. It's pretty much life as normal now.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Yeah it does look better when wet. I use aloe vera gel in the morning like a styling product which I also think makes it look better during the day. I like the aloe vera gel so much that I may even just carry on using that as my every day styling product when my hair comes through.

There is no point posting anymore than weekly now as all the shedding has finished. I'm not seeing any hairs in my hands when washing and although I can see a few small see through hairs sprouting you wouldn't be able to see them in a picture.

Donor area is all healed. I keep it at a grade 1.5 and you can't see any scars. If I go to a grade 1 you can see some but only if you were really looking for it. I'm hoping as the scars heal over time that I will be able to go to a grade 1 in the future. It's pretty much life as normal now.

Thanks for the tip. JustJax also mentioned Aloe vera gel. Can you buy it the UK or order online? I'll stock up in advance lol.

Good news re donor scar. I plan to keep my back and sides quite short as my hair is horrible and wispy so keeps it tidy. Glad to hear the donor scarring shouldn't be a an issue hopefully,

Looking forward for your next update :)

Week 8 Post Op

Another weekly update. Not much has changed from last week except my hair has got a little longer on top. I think I look worse now than I ever have though but reviewing other cases it would seem that the two month mark is when most people look their worse. I think it's because your hair is longer which makes the thinning look worse and you still at this point haven't recovered from shock loss or grown any new hairs neither.

Asmed have told me that from here on I should see an improvement as shock loss begins to return and growth can begin over the next four weeks. I've prepared myself to wait to 4 months but I must admit I am beginning to get a little impatient now.

I am still getting the odd huge spot here and there but they come and go on there own. I get them in both the recipient and donor area. I have no visible redness or numbness anymore. My donor area as you can see below is completely healed as well now. My hair is probably close to grade 2 here and no scars are visible.

I have attached two wet photos, two dry photos and one of the donor area.

Will update next week.

h1.thumb.jpg.9123524af4bced84b7fc7d74d01b65d6.jpg

h2.thumb.jpg.6c97bc7d7b75fd8b9aa153a8617678d1.jpg

h3.thumb.jpg.c98030607705a418619280fbebf27c84.jpg

h4.thumb.jpg.2e7b73500caa9e2e48d205c874fe8f01.jpg

h5.thumb.jpg.dc43c786f9c8051ffc6f7bd6e5245a17.jpg

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Thanks for the tip. JustJax also mentioned Aloe vera gel. Can you buy it the UK or order online? I'll stock up in advance lol.

Good news re donor scar. I plan to keep my back and sides quite short as my hair is horrible and wispy so keeps it tidy. Glad to hear the donor scarring shouldn't be a an issue hopefully,

Looking forward for your next update :)

I just buy it online from Holland & Barrett's. The brand I use is Dr Organic Aloe Vera Gel.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

think I look worse now than I ever have though but reviewing other cases it would seem that the two month mark is when most people look their worse. I think it's because your hair is longer which makes the thinning look worse and you still at this point haven't recovered from shock loss or grown any new hairs neither.

Agreed, I'd say the 6-10 week period is the real ugly duckling phase. The good news is you should start to see some growth in the coming weeks, although that in itself makes it a little more noticable that something is going on, but hey, its a small price to pay and I know personally by that point I kinda didn't care.

I am still getting the odd huge spot here and there but they come and go on there own. I get them in both the recipient and donor area.

I am still getting these even now. I have a stubbon crusty spot (or what was a spot) in the recipient area, but I'm worried to rub too hard to remove it in case a hair or two comes with it. If anything, I feel like recipient area is a little more scaly and spoty recently, but I think its down to the cold weather and central heating just generally drying out my skin. Been meaning to check the forum for some shampoo recommendations to perhaps help the scalp a little. What you shampooing with these days?

Agreed, I'd say the 6-10 week period is the real ugly duckling phase. The good news is you should start to see some growth in the coming weeks, although that in itself makes it a little more noticable that something is going on, but hey, its a small price to pay and I know personally by that point I kinda didn't care.

Okay well that's good news. Hopefully only two more weeks before I can be on the upward curve. It's not impacting my life at all so i'm not overly fussed anyway.

I am still getting these even now. I have a stubbon crusty spot (or what was a spot) in the recipient area, but I'm worried to rub too hard to remove it in case a hair or two comes with it. If anything, I feel like recipient area is a little more scaly and spoty recently, but I think its down to the cold weather and central heating just generally drying out my skin. Been meaning to check the forum for some shampoo recommendations to perhaps help the scalp a little. What you shampooing with these days?

I use Johnsons baby shampoo daily but also use a tea tree based shampoo twice a week which is meant to be really good for dealing with spots. Asmed told me to give it a try. Maybe try adding that in to your regime. I still also use Aloe Vera gel daily.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

I use Johnsons baby shampoo daily but also use a tea tree based shampoo twice a week which is meant to be really good for dealing with spots. Asmed told me to give it a try. Maybe try adding that in to your regime. I still also use Aloe Vera gel daily.

Cheers, I'll try and pick some up this weekend. I actually threw away my Asmed moisturiser mousse just last week when I moved and now I wish I had held on to it as I could have let it soak on the scalp a little and that would probably have helped too. Would so love to get the scalp a good scratch but too scared to do it even though technically all grafts should be safe.

Hi,

how long is the grade 1.5? grade 1 is about 3mm right? I am also interested in having a FUE with Dr. Erdogan and I would like to wear my hair pretty short at back and sides.

Also, how long is Dr Erdogan's waiting list? I emailed him 2 days ago but still have not received any reply.

Thank you very much.

Hi,

how long is the grade 1.5? grade 1 is about 3mm right? I am also interested in having a FUE with Dr. Erdogan and I would like to wear my hair pretty short at back and sides.

Also, how long is Dr Erdogan's waiting list? I emailed him 2 days ago but still have not received any reply.

Thank you very much.

Grade 1.5 is about 4.5mm. I am guessing that it is that. I personally think I can get away with a grade 1 but if you look really closely you can see some scars.

They are usually very prompt at replying. I think you could be seen in a few months.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Grade 1.5 is about 4.5mm. I am guessing that it is that. I personally think I can get away with a grade 1 but if you look really closely you can see some scars.

They are usually very prompt at replying. I think you could be seen in a few months.

How long did you have to wait between the booking and the surgery?

How long did you have to wait between the booking and the surgery?

I had about a 7 month wait but only because I had planned to have it in December as I wanted the Christmas break off work. I'm surprised you haven't heard back as they replied to me within 24 hours.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

I had about a 7 month wait but only because I had planned to have it in December as I wanted the Christmas break off work. I'm surprised you haven't heard back as they replied to me within 24 hours.

yeah I dont know why either. did you submit through a consultation form on website or send an email directly to Dr. Koray?

yeah I dont know why either. did you submit through a consultation form on website or send an email directly to Dr. Koray?

Hello mate! I'm on the same boat as you, doing my research at the moment for a possible HT in the future.

Regarding ASMED, did you submit the consultation in their website? I did it and after 4/5 days without a reply, I sent an email asking it they had received my info. They asked me to fill everything in the email - they sent the same form - and 24h later I had my evaluation.

Not sure if it was a website problem in my case but the email did work.

Hello mate! I'm on the same boat as you, doing my research at the moment for a possible HT in the future.

Regarding ASMED, did you submit the consultation in their website? I did it and after 4/5 days without a reply, I sent an email asking it they had received my info. They asked me to fill everything in the email - they sent the same form - and 24h later I had my evaluation.

Not sure if it was a website problem in my case but the email did work.

Did you send the email to english@asmed.com.tr ?

My patient coordinator Sema has her own email address and I communicated with her on this email address. She will come back to you.

sema@asmed.com.tr

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

2 Month Post Op

Thought I'd post a few pics as I hit two months today. Will post my proper 9 week update tomorrow.

Pics are wet, dry, with aloe vera gel and how it looks face on.

H1.thumb.jpg.dea75e88331654209c8980e727f09700.jpg

H2.thumb.jpg.65caceef0bf66e30ce864a2ddd71df01.jpg

H3.thumb.jpg.f17851aef8efb3e889a885235a464716.jpg

H4.thumb.jpg.e70c57a5f3b00f7fb8e2eba1faab9441.jpg

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

9 Weeks Post Op

The only real change is that my old existing hair is returning now and I think my appearance is becoming more acceptable. I have added the laser comb, switched from generic to propecia and added some supplements to my regime following surgery and I honestly think my existing hair is coming back thicker. Even the crown has more baby hairs than were there previously. I know everyone reacts differently but I think the laser comb really helps strengthen my hair.

No growth of any new hairs yet but my recipient areas the past few days have been feeling really itchy and I've had a load of spots come and go so I'm hoping things are about to start moving soon. Feeling generally really positive about things so far but will admit that I am beginning to feel a little impatient.

Attached a few pics of different areas and conditions. First 2 wet, next 2 dry, donor area, recipient area and then how I'm wearing it at the moment.

IMG_3526.thumb.jpg.76722ac8c66c5b9bab1fbaa56d865e68.jpg

IMG_3528.thumb.jpg.37541e8364dc595ace4c61e1c9eb1b13.jpg

IMG_3530.thumb.jpg.e139eafdc974e0a159786d069c749043.jpg

IMG_3533.thumb.jpg.c0659712e979e8c3b4de7d720ed096a7.jpg

IMG_3534.thumb.jpg.10af7261fee6bad7463a7c793a73beaa.jpg

IMG_3536.thumb.jpg.d170f954094cf2c2f82d12afec7e934f.jpg

IMG_3537.thumb.jpg.c9b8b7f1dfbedc69506a265f55fecec9.jpg

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly