My Hair Transplant Journey with Dr. Tejinder Bhatti

KiranJainn

Hello Everyone,

I would like to share with you my hair transplant story with Dr. Tejinder Bhatti.

My planted graft count is given below :

Singles : 223

Doubles : 1205

Triples : 998

Beard : 853

Total 3279 grafts.

I’m a 39 years old Indian male working abroad. Started losing hair at my front and top area around 10 years ago.Crown area is also playing with my emotions now a days! I used Minoxidil 2-3 months when I was 29 and stopped because of extreme skin dryness.

I used hair patch but disappointed and threw it out because of its irritation, sweat etc. I have started looking for other solutions. Started following different HT surgeons worldwide – from Dubai to Turkey and from US to Europe. After wandering around different HT related websites and articles, doing a lot of research for more than a year, I finally got my HT done on 11th November 2016 by a state of art expertise Dr. Tejinder Bhatti at Darling Buds, Chandigarh, India. And waiting for the 2nd session for my crown area - after 6 months.

I dropped a mail to Dr. Bhatti around 1 year ago. He responded asking for some pics of my head. After seeing them, he estimated that I’d need around 4000 grafts that would look dense. I demanded for good densely packed scalp. For the next all months, I mailed him with questions and he responded to every single one of them.

After I expressed my interest in getting the procedure done at Darling Buds, they offered me a date and I made an advance payment to block the date. Dr. Bhatti sent me a pre-OP instruction manual.The clinic reserved a room for me at ABs hotel, Chandigarh and offered a villa at very reasonable rate at a hill station for post HT care. I have booked 20 days there. I arrived on the 10th afternoon at 2 pm, picked up by the clinic driver Mr. Subash, a very polite gentleman and transported to the Abs hotel.Please note that you will get very attractive discount if you are Darling Buds client.

After one hour Mr. Subash picked me to the clinic. In the afternoon, I met Dr. Bhatti at his clinic for consultation; he checked my head, donor area density etc. I was told that around 3000 grafts can extract from both back scalp and beard area. He drew my hairline and asked me if I was okay with it. Actually I was not okay with that hairline because of my high expectations. Dr. Bhatti said me to think about it whole night until next day. I took a snap of my hairline sketch and sent to my wife; she said it was very fine. I had a discussion with Bhatti’s manager Miss Shalini and counselor Miss Manpreet. Both of them said me that it was very fine hairline that suits to the shape of my face. Manpreet’s opinion and views were much friendly and close to heart. At last I decided to proceed with Bhatti’s hairline – after all he is an expert doctor. My blood sample was collected for some tests and I was given some medicines which were to be taken that night. I was asked to have a light breakfast and be ready at 7.00 AM for the pickup from the hotel.

Once I reached the clinic, I was given blue colored surgery clothes. I got a chance to review the hairline again and then my hair was trimmed by Dr. Bhatti. After some injections the doctor proceeded to harvest my grafts from the donor area. Anesthesia injections were made on the donor area of the scalp. The harvesting machine drilled into my numb scalp and the doctor extracted the grafts – which were completely painless. During the harvesting, we discussed some social issues and this really helped to relax. Placement of the grafts was done by his staff, a total of 4 nurses – Deepika, Shalini and I forgot other names. We discussed some bollywood songs during that procedure. Their commitment to work was admirable.

My operation took around 7-8 hours, from 7 am till 3 pm. Total 3279 grafts were planted in which 223 singles,1205 doubles, 998 triples and beard 853. My donor area was bandaged and I was given yummy Pizza and juice - lunch preference was noted before the surgery started. Next day, I went to the clinic to remove the bandage and scalp wash. There I got some tablets, antiseptic spray, saline bottles, after care booklet etc. Shalini explained each and every thing regarding after care of my planted and donor areas. Shalini was really understanding and very much supportive. Next day the clinic driver Mr. Chanchal Singh (very good gentleman) took me to the full-fledged villa. My wife arrived on 7th day post HT. She has taken care of my scalp care. Together we enjoyed very much because the villa and weather were fantastic.

On my 13th day post HT, Dr. Bhatti sent me a mail that I can touch the planted area to wash out crusts. He told me to go under shower. I had a wash with slight finger pats to remove crusts from the transplanted area and all crusts have fallen off by then. Dr. Bhatti recommended Finastride tablets, Biotin tablets and Monoxidil with Hydrolysed Keratin content for 6 months. Dr. Bhatti arranged 6 months supply for me and sent it through his driver.

We stayed 20 days in Bhatti’s superior villa. As of my experience so far I’m quite happy with the surgery and the treatment I had at the clinic and stay at the villa. Still we miss that villa and hill station. I would like to go for a 2nd session after 6 months for my crown area.

I hope you guys find this post helpful and will try to keep you updated on monthly basis or so. See the attachment photos, note down your opinion and views about the result I am awaiting. What do you think of my final result dears? Will it come out as a densely packed scalp?

SEE MORE PHOTOS HERE (I will try to keep update the progress) :-

Hair Restoration Social Network - Hair Loss and Transplant Photos

5b32f06ce7d4b_Pre-HTPics-01.thumb.jpg.6bfcf363b267a7e64525a68470dde5cd.jpg

5b32f06d192a6_Pre-HTPics-02.thumb.jpg.22a243daee45331c76bb4367ff14e1f8.jpg

5b32f06d39fc7_Pre-HTPics-03.thumb.jpg.68b96ce807fb58a2b282b6a56bbcef8e.jpg

5b32f06d59952_Pre-HTPics-04.thumb.jpg.cfa4ffaa869bc0661f1f7916f7d95ef9.jpg

5b32f06d78d4f_1stDayPostHT.thumb.jpg.e701d22f65f3723ccbcf95d930b5ce8b.jpg

5b32f06d9a35b_3rdday.thumb.jpg.4e7faea4c998ea5df3163a1bee2abf77.jpg

5b32f06db546a_5thDayPostHT.thumb.jpg.0bab6747d56d1f6e3ba37c9ce80625c6.jpg

5b32f06dcad14_13thDayPostHT.thumb.jpg.b31d432af4715f23ed84e24450a6baaa.jpg

5b32f06de13bc_15thDayPostHT.thumb.jpg.74aafc27212aa310d2d05ca5776852e4.jpg

5b32f06e0c6e9_30thDayPostHT.thumb.jpg.69f060cf5f548d760e28fedcedccb35e.jpg

5b32f06e24d13_4thDayPostHT-DONOR.thumb.jpg.f18d8fe4dca8912b1ab38e01117ce898.jpg

5b32f06e3b6a8_12thDayPostHT-DONOR.thumb.jpg.e48d7a8bf10155fd6c0de33f42f3aed0.jpg

Edited by KiranJainn

Hi possibly 100cm2 depending on the size of your head , this is a similar procedure but with more grafts . Did dr Bhatti mention what kind of density he likes to achieve especially in the hairline ? http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184272-dr-koray-erdogan-asmed-clinic-5007-grafts-manual-fue.html#post2478366

Hi Wibbles,

The link you mentioned above is simply great. What an awesome result he has achieved, highly impressive.

Dr. Bhatti said me that it will be fine after 1 year. He didn't mention about the numbers of grafts allocated each place. I already mailed him my curiosity and waiting for his reply.

Yea it is a nice result , but if you compare your pictures to his you can see that the grafts have been packed much closer together to give the density especially in the front 3rd . I hope you get a nice result but I feel that you won't have great density as your grafts are quite widely spaced . Please do not worry too much as I presume this is something the doctor explained . Happy growing !

Dear Wibbles,

Worry is natural and it is always there :)

My mail content was same (widely spaced) which you have written here ! Anyhow, I have 2nd session after 6 months for my crown area. If any density problem at my hairline area, I'll try to fill again then. Is that possible?

And how many grafts are planned for the crown ? How many grafts are left in your donor ? What was the reason you only had 3300 and not the initial quote of 4000 ? I think you should wait until your first surgery has fully developed i.e: 12 months minimum to see if you are happy before you go again ?

Dr. Bhatti said so. He said if I have a plan for 2nd session, it would be better to take around 3000 at first session. He said my donor area is not much impressive. He also said that it would be easy to assess the donor area at the 2nd session. That might be the reason. Dr said 2nd session can be done after 6 months. The result will be visible within this period. I didn't discuss about the graft numbers for the 2nd session.

Now, what do you think? Could I fill the blank area in the frontal region again if needed at the 2nd session? I will discuss this with Dr. Bhatti too. I already asked his nursing staff after the surgery, they replied that this will be nice after the full result.

Edited by KiranJainn

I'd agree with Wibbles - May be wise to wait at least 12 months before you go for another surgery .

I'd guess that your transplanted area is in excess of 100 cm2. You need to have a good think about what your expectations are for the crown , especiallly if your donor is not that great .See how things develop and take it from there .

Good luck.

• 10 months later...

I must say this is a pretty good outcome for the number of grafts put in and the area to cover. And it is only going to get thicker and better in the coming months.

Enjoy!

Good luck with the upcoming one!

Anyone can be confident with a full head of hair. But a confident bald man - there's your diamond in the rough.

3444 Strip Grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187543-1-st-hair-transplant-strip-surgery-dr-radha-rani-complete-dossier.html

My Androgenic Alopecia Scrapbook

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/188027-hair-wars-may-follicles-you.html

Hello, I got good result. Now it is 10th month post surgery. Attaching some photographs here.. See..

(Planning for 2nd HT within a month)

Hi KiranJainn,

Thank you for sharing your HT update. Your hair looks nice. You have come a very long way on your HT journey. Very happy for you.

Best regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Very impressive! It's hard to believe how far you've come already. What is the plan for the next procedure?

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hi Kiranjainn,

Congratulations on your amazing progress so far, you must be elated.

I wish you all the best in your 2nd procedure with Dr Bhatti, if your growth is anything like the first then you will look brand new!