embracing baldness

Wwiizzkkiidd24

soo just got my hair cut a couple hours ago, no.2 all over and I must say,I feel quite liberated(to an extent). I wouldn't say i like it fully because I've never seen myself with this kind of hair before so it's gonna take a bit getting used to. but it's just so nice to not worrying about how my hair looks all the time, I can rub my head all over and not even think about if im messing it up or how it looks, it's quite nice.

so my advice to anyone contemplating shaving it off and how you would look shaved, I'd say go for it, embrace it, you might just feel a little bit better about yourself then you did with long hair. if you don't like it then you know not to do it again but at least you tryed it.

just thought id share this with you lot :)

I was too paranoid to do it, thinking I didn't have the head for it and opted for fue. While doing surgery they had to shave it down and I look great with it buzzed. Still happy I got the surgery but definitely recommend shaving it down first and seeing what you have to work with.

This is fantastic advice for anyone considering a hair transplant or just struggling with hair loss in general. It may be alarming at first and take some time to get used to - and you may still genuinely be unhappy with it and wish to continue down the road to combat your MPB and find a solution. But it's worth the shot and could potentially save you lots of money and time and multiple surgeries should you find that you're surprisingly happy with a buzz cut. :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Great idea! Anyone concerned about hair loss should give this a try. Prior to my first transplant I was having my hair buzzed extremely short as well. It was the only way I could deal with it. It wasn't a bad look on me but I was never fully comfortable with it.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

It's the cheapest option and worth a go to see if it suits you. I've tried it myself in the past and it certainly was liberating to be free from all the thickening sprays etc.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

• 4 months later...
Yeah I think it's happened to most of the guys who really like to change their hair style frequently

If they care about changing the style, can't they just use wigs?

I got the ones that make it look like the hair is coming out of the hairline.

They are called "lace front wigs" .

You can read more about those if you are interested.

I think its a good idea to try the shaved look, but be careful this look is not for everyone. Not every has the right shaped head for that look. ;)

I agree with you! :) This "hairstyle" is really cool but on the other hand it doesn't fit totally everybody, well, like in case with all other hairstyles :D But if you have an awful hairloss, the shaved look can be the only decision :P

12-Full-Face-Ducktail-e1484229016109-650x650.jpg

I also like that bald head + beard style, it looks very manly and gorgeous in case of many men, here's many good examples of it http://stylemann.com/best-bald-with-beard-ideas/ :) I think that I'll try it one day too :o

I used to have long hair and never wanted short hair after years of hair loss i changed my hair style to keeping it short and it's been a long time now i like it short and don't think i would grow it like i used to when i was 20 if i had the choice.

It takes a bit of time and you may get used to it...

Also my hair is going white/grey around the sides so when i use a number one on the sides it blends in well with what little i have ontop and trims the white/grey hairs so they are not so visible.

• 3 weeks later...

Gradually tapering the length over a month or two would help prevent the drastic change in appearance. The scalp might also blend in skin tone with less contrast in pigmentation as well.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 3 weeks later...

I had mine shaved down by accident. Sat in the chair at a local hair shop with a newbie and she buzzed right over the top without t realizing she didn't know me. It took a couple of weeks for me to get used to, but now I keep it short. I buzz it myself with a #2. Still contemplating a procedure of some type.

• 10 months later...

Well... it's been a while since I was on here last and just wanted to pop back on to let people know my situation. I still buzz down my hair to a grade #2(See picture). things have definitely progressed I can say I'm a fully fledged nw5(see picture) with some sort of hairline that doesn't want to go for some reason but hey I'm not complaining as it does give me some sort of hairline albeit a not very dense one and receding but it's still holding on ?.

20180319_114003.jpg.1f3c58470b3fbc9645c16cae02accc6a.jpg