Dr. B. Farjo - 2000 FUT

This young transgender patient had completed all her surgeries and was left with only her hair to complete. She was recommended to us by a patient friend and is delighted with the outcome.

We transplanted just over 2000 follicular units to improve the front and top. Her results are shown approximately one year after her procedure.

DSC03825a.thumb.jpg.122862535953278f2069761ba616e3e6.jpg

DSC03827c.thumb.jpg.8ee2695b96cff8c1c03e4d9dc5ed2cff.jpg

DSC03829e.thumb.jpg.1cc7da74ff2974030ee019d3796f3b37.jpg

DSC03831g.thumb.jpg.f3f09e613c0a94cd6551d3ba7122671f.jpg

DSC03843i.thumb.jpg.5d60c0ae426e49d485c800a366e9604b.jpg

DSC03847m.thumb.jpg.936a661b0afb8ef331afa946a5fdca8c.jpg

DSC03849o.thumb.jpg.0a001e129b133d973f4df703636e204d.jpg

DSC03850p.jpg.57b17c11b64a12da5b40fe9e675167f0.jpg

DSC03851q.jpg.f168b5557ee6e95c1c3e50d92f03f4d6.jpg

DSC03852r.thumb.jpg.e2507721bbc4ea16b93615566aacab22.jpg

Edited by Pete-from-Farjo

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Wow! This is fantastic and I'm sure she's thrilled.

How many months post-op are the after pictures, btw?

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Thanks a lot guys.

Wow! This is fantastic and I'm sure she's thrilled.

How many months post-op are the after pictures, btw?

I'll check with Mick on this. I suspect they were taken around the year mark.

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Opening post edited to add in that 'after' pics were taken at around the one year mark.

Dr. Farjo,

You honestly never cease to amaze and impress me! The results are fantastic.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks a lot Bill. Appreciate your comments.

• 3 weeks later...
This young transgender patient had completed all her surgeries and was left with only her hair to complete. She was recommended to us by a patient friend and is delighted with the outcome.

We transplanted just over 2000 follicular units to improve the front and top. Her results are shown approximately one year after her procedure.

Wow very impressive result indeed!

I think one of the densest results I've seen in a while.

What is the graft density in cm2 ?

All of the doctors say they can't go higher than 60 grafts per cm2 because it will risk graft survival, but looking at these results I don't think that's true.

Reminds me of Dr Koniors female patients results as well.

Us male patients out there with fine hair would be interested in having higher density transplants available too.

Thoughts ?

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Hello Pete-from-Farjo. Did you have your hair surgery to add density to your thinning front area or to pull down the entire hairline?

milo,

As mentioned in the opening post, this procedure was carried out on a transgender patient with the intention of creating a more feminine hairline. The grafts were placed below the patient's existing hairline.

If my result even approaches this i will be one happy bunny !!

I have high hopes...

Thanks Skye. I've just read about your procedure with Dr. Bisanga. The work looks really good and I'm sure you'll be smiling in a few months:)

milo,

As mentioned in the opening post, this procedure was carried out on a transgender patient with the intention of creating a more feminine hairline. The grafts were placed below the patient's existing hairline.

This is interesting to me because I for one truly believe more doctors should get into the habit of pulling down the hairline more. In my research I have noticed post surgery work on patients whose density was good but their hairlines left far more to be desired.

Perhaps more doctors should operate on men as if they were transgenders? Though I may be half joking maybe this can help men achieve a more youthful look. Let me know what you think.

Transgender patients i would suggest require a more unique result. Women have a more rounded hairline and generally a higher forehead. Not always.

Men on the other hand have more of the M frame, even when hair is dense. Some guys if they are lucky have quite a straight thick hairline but not really rounded.

I had to take care as my widows peak was quite low. So i kept it and rounded slightly from a little higher.

A few of my trans friends have had transplants but did not have such a good coverage as i did to start so their implants are quite high.

Wow very impressive result indeed!

I think one of the densest results I've seen in a while.

What is the graft density in cm2 ?

All of the doctors say they can't go higher than 60 grafts per cm2 because it will risk graft survival, but looking at these results I don't think that's true.

Reminds me of Dr Koniors female patients results as well.

Us male patients out there with fine hair would be interested in having higher density transplants available too.

Thoughts ?

Thanks for your comments.

There was pretty much no native hair in the recipient area so we aimed high but unfortunately density numbers weren't recorded. We treat each case individually and a lot of thought has to go into the planning process.

Transgender patients i would suggest require a more unique result. Women have a more rounded hairline and generally a higher forehead. Not always.

Men on the other hand have more of the M frame, even when hair is dense. Some guys if they are lucky have quite a straight thick hairline but not really rounded.

I had to take care as my widows peak was quite low. So i kept it and rounded slightly from a little higher.

A few of my trans friends have had transplants but did not have such a good coverage as i did to start so their implants are quite high.

Yes there exist differences between men and women's hairlines. But I still strongly believe that doctors should acquiesce to lowing men's hairlines and cease being too scared of shock loss or other far fetched reasons.

Far too often what ends up happening is men get transplants but the hairlines do not look complete because doctors want to play it extra safe in not taking added risks. But we ahve seen that such risks can be minimized and can actually benefit the patient in the long run.

• 1 month later...

balody, Dr. Cooley,

Thanks a lot for your comments. Much appreciated.