Dr. Carlos Wesley

tsteiner61

Definitely add Dr. Wesley to your list if you're considering surgery in the NY area. He's a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians and regularly produces impressive results.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

whoknows01, I've consulted with Wesley twice and considering booking. Can I ask you a few questions? Did you do Acell too? Hows your density? Can you see scars in your donor area? How much of the procedure did the doctor do himself? Any suggestions if I decide to go with him? Thanks!

crankyhair,

Was there a $250 fee to set up a consult when you went to Dr. Wesley? I called today and they wanted a $250 fee, only refundable, as far as I understood, if I chose Dr. Wesley to do my HT.

My initial consult was a couple years ago and he was in the middle of moving offices so if there was a charge i think it was reduced at that time...

Can't speak to other surgeons in the nyc area but wesley's before and afters have been among the best i've seen anywhere

I had a 2100 fue over a year ago, turned out great.

whoknows...approximately how long would you guess you were in the "face down" position during extraction of 2100 grafts?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

whoknows...approximately how long would you guess you were in the "face down" position during extraction of 2100 grafts?

I think 3 and a half to 4 hours. First thing before he does any donor extracting is he makes all the recipient sites, so the grafts can go right in when extraction is done.

I think 3 and a half to 4 hours.

yikes...."face down" is sort of a trigger for my panic/anxiety,

but I could probably make it work with Xanax...thanks for the response.

btw---great looking result!

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

yikes...."face down" is sort of a trigger for my panic/anxiety,

but I could probably make it work with Xanax...thanks for the response.

btw---great looking result!

Thanks it feels good not to hide under a hat anymore. I think the extractions took longer because of the previous neograft fue I had done 2 years earlier, anyway though I was half asleep from the meds so it wasn't too bad.

Dr Dorin is a great guy, and really good surgeon.

I've had two fut HT with him, and he's really good at giving you a really minimum line scar. I think thays his specialty, fut.

I had a consult with Dr Wesley too... I don't know I Woukd be charged 250 for the consult, and that ticked me off. He shoukdnt be charging forthay IMO. I went to Dr Wesley cause I feel he specializes in fue.

So... Depending if you want fut it Fue helps chose which Dr to go to.

Oh... And last thing. Prices are Definitely negotiable with both doctors. Good luck bro

Hi, everyone!

Dr. Wesley takes pride in his work and performs the entire consultation himself. No consultants. Having that one hour consult with the physician doing the actual procedure can give you a more in depth knowledge and options while consultants may often be motivated to push for surgeries because of commission. About 30% of the patients that see Dr. Wesley for a consult may be discouraged from doing a surgery they do not need based on the physiology of their scalp. During a consultation, Dr. Wesley will present a plan, may it be medical or surgical, to address you hair loss concern.

Hope this helps! :)

I have worked with 26 different hair restoration doctors throughout my career. I have now been a nurse with Dr. Wesley for more than a decade.

Dr. Carlos Wesley is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

1050 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10028

Ph (844) 745-6362

www.drcarloswesley.com

I didn't know about the $250 consult fee. I agree, it is wise to get tons of consults. Rarely, do i hear of fees, most are free, some may charge $50 but some charging $250 or more is damaging. Free consults help you maximize opinions and that is important. but $250 is a lot to shell when the competitor offers it for free. Most surgeons give 30 min to an hour for a free consult, some more.

I didn't know about the $250 consult fee. I agree, it is wise to get tons of consults. Rarely, do i hear of fees, most are free, some may charge $50 but some charging $250 or more is damaging. Free consults help you maximize opinions and that is important. but $250 is a lot to shell when the competitor offers it for free. Most surgeons give 30 min to an hour for a free consult, some more.

When I went for my consult... She (the secretary) asked me for the fee up front, and i was surprised cause she didn't tell me on the phone there was a fee. I told her... I crossed that bridge to get here, stuck in traffic and paying for parking... And now you tell me theres a fee of $250?? She only charged me $100 for the fee cause she took the blame. Still... I shouldn't have been charged IMO.

• 9 months later...

I have been to three consultations with recommend doctors in the same area:

One charged 0, one 200, one 100 €.

The best was the second whoch costed 200 €, as the doctor took the most time to look at the donor and measure it, make pictures (which were send to me) and look at pictures from my relatives. Second best was the third for 100 €.

If I go to any (!) dorctor I pay much more / minute for a consultation. Why should a hair clinic consulation be for free? Most patients will not have surgery afterwards or go to another clinic so it is fair to pay for the time you had consumed. Just like for any other service you ask for.

Edited by Gasthoerer