7 Years on, still going strong

Jotronic

A few people on various forums have asked about long term results and since it's my 7 year anniversary I thought I'd put in my .02 worth.

On March 18th 2002 I had my first procedure with Dr. Wong where he restored me back to a "normal" appearance. This after living for nine years with a bad grafting job where my hairline consisted of thick, ten and twelve hair mini-grafts. I had two subsequent procedures to add to the mix up to November of 2003 so I'm five and half years out from my last procedure.

Sx #1 2406 Grafts

Sx #2 2425 Grafts

Sx #3 2488 Grafts

Below is a collage of photos showing how my hair has held up. My hair in the final result, taken two days ago is with no product and no real effort at styling (obvious, I know). I wanted to show what it looks like with zero effort. It is not how I normally wear it at work.

My results have held up rather well. At first I was taking Proscar per Dr. Wong's instructions but then three years ago I switched to Avodart to see if I could get the increase in growth that others were getting. That didn't work so well for me. I had no increase in hair growth but I did have a decrease in my wallet so a few months back I switched back to Proscar. I experienced no side effects from either medication.

The only real scare I had was late last summer. I had a MASSIVE amount of dandruff rear it's ugly head and it made my hair thinner. Honestly I was pretty worried. No rhyme or reason as to why but it was impossible to get rid of. I tried about ten different shampoos with no luck then I found one shampoo that did the trick.

Those that know me know I do not endorse products, especially shampoos, because I believe(d) they were all the same. Polytar AF is my magic bullet. Not only did it get rid of my dandruff, it has made my hair, in Dr. Wong's words, "as good as it's ever been". If any of you have dandruff issues, this stuff is the bomb!

3371805412_ea873a4d00_o.jpg

3371805494_d524404be4_b.jpg

3371805600_16f2c937ac_b.jpg

3371805716_6c70e5e77a_b.jpg

3370984133_4bcf38c14d_o.jpg

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Joe,

I think you just use anniversaries like 7 years as an excuse to show off your thick head of hair icon_razz.gif.

But seriously, it looks as good as ever and you should continue to be thrilled that going bald has been taken away from your future.

Overall, my hair's looking pretty good too, and hopefully even better after this last one in 10 days or so :-).

See you soon!

Bill

Thank you Joe for keeping us informed of your awesome results after all this time. Nice to see that hair transplants can be durable and a success after many years.

I would like to take this opportunity to ask you a few questions:

1- what are Hasson and Wong recommending for post operative treatments for the recipient area? vitamin E oil on recipient area? Emu oil? Just letting it go with no specific treatments beside mild shampooing?

2- do you personally use minoxidil?

3- How long after a transplant should we wait before using minoxidil again?

4- can using minoxidil in other areas than the planned recipient area be a problem before and after a surgery? Or should we stop it all over even in non-recipient areas for a while?

thanks in advance for your answers!

hey joe, your one lucky guy...

quick question.... where might i find that anti dandruff shampoo your were tankin about.... ive never even hear of it. but id like to give it a try... you salesman youicon_smile.gif

thanks

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

It is wonderful to see you track over time.

There do not seem to be many posts that offer such a chronology.

For neophytes, like me, it is nice to see evidence that HT results (and lack of future loss) can sustain.

You have a good looking hairline.

joe

thank you for being there for so many at a time when there was nearly no one. the honesty of H&Ws pics & no bs appoach to seeing real results came in part by you. we all just followed your lead but you were the pioneer. i know you sleep good at night not like some other shills that have helped to ruin many young lives. keep doing what you're doing & thank you once again.

rtc

thought i'd post an oldie pic

mt_jotronics.thumb.JPG.e3ac01699d231e73dee87f19a7159318.JPG

Jotronic,

Congratulations on such a successful procedure. I owe you a debt of gratitude as your website (hairtransplantmentor.com) served as my inspiration along with this site to make me realize that one truly can get undetectable hair transplants... and that I did NOT have to settle for Bosley (thinking that was as good as it got).

Again, what a wonderful turnaround you've had and I truly do appreciate how thorough you've been in documenting your history - the good and the bad (big plugs prior to H&W).

I also must commend you on continually pushing everyone to post honest photos!

Keep it up and thanks again!

M&M

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

Holy Schneikes. Thanks for all the comments, fellas. Sometimes I can't believe it's been seven years. That is almost as long (nine years)as it was between my last procedure with Dr. Norris and first with Dr. Wong.

I have to tell you guys, even though it's been this long, I still get a smile on my face every morning when I am getting ready for work or getting ready to go out in the evenings. Speaking of going out, I have to admit, I still to this day have small anxieties about meeting people, especially the ladies, and wonder if their eyes will wonder up to my hairline. Most of you don't understand what this means (but some of you do) but it's kind of like raising your hand up to a kid that was abused. They will recoil until they realize that all is well. Thankfully, it's just a conditioned response from a past trauma and all is well.

Mr. GQ,

The difference I found between Nizoral and Polytar is pretty simple. Polytar worked, Nizoral did not.

Spineguy,

Peace, brother.

You'll see it in less than a week now. We can both write reviews of each other's hair!

Thank you Wantego.

Jim,

Always for you, buddy, and I'm still overjoyed for your most recent result. I think Spex said on another site he though he was looking at me when he was looking at your photos. I actually think the top of our heads look pretty similar in coverage and crown density, etc. I think we both have a lot to be thankful for.

Serious,

1- what are Hasson and Wong recommending for post operative treatments for the recipient area? vitamin E oil on recipient area? Emu oil? Just letting it go with no specific treatments beside mild shampooing?

Pretty much nada but if you want to use anything Vitamin E oil after a week or two is fine.

2- do you personally use minoxidil?

Don't touch the stuff.

3- How long after a transplant should we wait before using minoxidil again?

Two weeks.

4- can using minoxidil in other areas than the planned recipient area be a problem before and after a surgery? Or should we stop it all over even in non-recipient areas for a while?

Just stop it no matter what to be safe.

LMS,

A quick Google search gave me this link...

http://www.canadadrugs.com/otc...25+2%25+0.5%25/4888/

I hope it works well for you.

Yogi,

Thank you sir. Yeah, I was one of the first if not THE first to document like I did. Me and Futzyhead actually.

Billorayne,

Just not on my back, more on my headicon_smile.gif

its752,

I expect similar reports from you, sir.

RTC,

You old war horse you, thank you for the props and thank you for the sculpture. Man, that pic is old!

M&M,

Thank you very much and I have always considered you to be one of the good guys. Now, because you learned so much from me and my site I ask that you forward my invoice to Ron since you had your surgery with him. Your post is the proof, he OWES ME!!! icon_smile.gif

PGP,

Nice words, man. I really appreciate it.

Hairdew,

I've been asked this before. You try this one time. Drive to another country that you've never been to on a moment's notice, debate internally back and forth 737 times whether or not you're making another mistake, sleep 22 minutes the night before surgery, show up at 6:15 in the morning with no coffee and scared out of your shorts and tell me how you look. Hahaha, yeah I looked rough for sure. Thanks, man.

More updates coming, one major one, and several small ones.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

The difference I found between Nizoral and Polytar is pretty simple. Polytar worked, Nizoral did not.

hey thanks Joey!!!!

i forgot to mention in my first post that you look good (not in creepy kind of way icon_smile.gif). also you forgot to append AF after the shampoo's name. there is a 5 bucks difference between AF and non AF kind. i saw yesterday that shoppers drug mart chain sells it for 18.99CAD small bottle of AF kind and 14.99 non AF (much bigger bottle). a bit pricy if you ask me. nonetheless, help and honesty always appreciated.

cheers

Eman,

Thank you, sir.

Justgrow,

It was great having you here and good growing to you. Thank you.

Mr. GQ,

In my first post I clearly stated "AF". Yeah, there is a big difference. I tried the non AF version too. As the others, completely useless. It's AF or nothing.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Somehow missed this bad boy...! Hair looks super slick as others have said! Remarkable transformation, and it's clearly re-defined your life for the better, which incidentally has helped many others. Like a fine wine -- and some women -- hair too can get better with age. icon_smile.gif

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Dewayne,

Steve Winwood, Slash, et al? Singing Hendrix? OH YEAH! That made me smile, thanks.

TA,

Thank you for that. Actually, below is what's slickicon_wink.gif One year out from #3.

341107391_1year.JPG

1year.thumb.JPG.77118238697ec537bd1665bbaf4968bb.JPG