Considering FUE, just started finasteride (pics)

4Fingers

Hello fellow baldies!

My hair on the crown has been thinning the past five years and ive decided to do something about it. Shedding has been really slow.

I started finasteride (generic 0.625 mg dailyl), will go up to 1 mg a day in a month. What are your thoughts on this, think i should wait with FUE transplant a few months to see how i respond to the finasteride?

Hakan in Turkey (or his minion) quoted me a 2500 graft transplant, currently also considering Dr. Saifi in Poland (because its closer and i rather not go to Turkey).

Appreciate your feedback alot,

thanks

IMG_0675.thumb.JPG.85f3322e5b0dafa7879c7baedbcca704.JPG

IMG_0707.thumb.JPG.35bc314c649a97bc4a7daef82a47d9da.JPG

IMG_0715.thumb.JPG.05f69973d5f265b2b9f35e2bff5d9bd5.JPG

Haven't had a transplant myself, so can't really offer much advice other than to educate yourself as much as you can on the track record of whatever doc you're considering.

As for the finasteride, I think there would be near unanimous agreement that you should give it a full year to see how you respond. This would seem to especially apply to you, given that your trouble area is where it generally works best.

My advice would definitely wait a good year or even 2 because if you only just notice your hairloss this last 5 yrs there is a real chance that medications can do well for you in that location, also may be a good idea to try Min foam at least once a day.

In the meantime scan this forum from top to bottom to give you a real feel for this HT stuff.

Good luck.

Edited by ontop

You mentioned slow shedding the past 5 years? I was wondering how old you are?

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Definitely give the meds a chance to stabilise your situation before considering a transplant, then reassess things in a year or so.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Hello fellow baldies!

My hair on the crown has been thinning the past five years and ive decided to do something about it. Shedding has been really slow.

I started finasteride (generic 0.625 mg dailyl), will go up to 1 mg a day in a month. What are your thoughts on this, think i should wait with FUE transplant a few months to see how i respond to the finasteride?

Hakan in Turkey (or his minion) quoted me a 2500 graft transplant, currently also considering Dr. Saifi in Poland (because its closer and i rather not go to Turkey).

Appreciate your feedback alot,

thanks

At this point, time is on your side, especially since you have the economic resources and donor availability. Over the next few months, you can choose to put in a conservative amount of grafts with the benefit of minimizing shock by starting finasteride and strengthening the caliber of hair in your crown.

all the best

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Such a lovely what? Wife, Dog, Car, Vase, Breakfast Burrito...?

:D

I'm sure he means well...

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think closer to 2500 is a good number. I highly recommend FUE though because they can get close to that many grafts, and that way you don't have a Frankenstein scar on the back of your head ;-)

Just please... do a lot of research on the Doctor you're considering. In the meantime, using a product like toppik is awesome too!

Richter101 is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

Born Oct ’89

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Loss Oct ’09

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Gain June ’15

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2200 (ARTAS- FUE) grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2016

Finasteride daily, since 2014

Rogaine experimenter from 2012- ’13 RIP

Planning HT #2 By End of This Year :)