Potential Coalition Membership for Dr. Bernardino Arocha

Dear Forum Members,

Dr. Bernardino Arocha has been showing examples of his large ultra refined hair transplant sessions on this forum since he was approved for recommendation in December, 2007. His dedication to patient education is also demonstrated by the extra time he spends answering hair loss questions and educating patients on our forum and popular Hair Loss Q&A blog.

Before considering Dr. Arocha for the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians, we wanted to verify that he and his staff met our demanding criteria and standards set by this community. To view the Coalition standards, click here. Thus, Pat recently visited and observed Dr. Arocha in surgery. To see highlights of Pat's visit, view 'Visit to Dr. Bernardino Arocha's Clinic in Houston, TX'. After observing Dr. Arocha and his staff's meticulous surgical techniques, Pat feels that Dr. Arocha is truly doing ultra refined work.

Dr. Arocha has the experience, skill, and staff necessary to perform over 3000 follicular unit grafts in a single session, his largest of which to date is 6000 follicular unit grafts. He has performed over 2,000 hair transplant surgeries and is a board certified diplomate of the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery (ABHRS).

To learn more about Dr Arocha's experience, technique and philosophy, visit his Hair Transplant Network recommendation profile.

Given Dr. Arocha's extensive experience and dedication to ultra refined densely packed hair transplants, we believe it's time to consider him for the Coalition.

We welcome all input and comments regarding his potential inclusion.

View some of his recent patient photos below:

2500 Graft Densely Packed Session with Dr. Arocha

3500 Grafts with Dr. Arocha

3000 Grafts with Dr. Arocha

2877 Grafts with Dr. Arocha

4025 Grafts with Dr. Arocha

3000 Grafts with Dr. Arocha

3053 Grafts with Dr. Arocha

Donor Scar Photos with Dr. Arocha

Several additional examples of Dr. Arocha's ultra refined work can be found in the Results Posted by Leading Hair Transplant Clinics forum.

We look forward to your feedback.

Best wishes,

Bill

LOL you are being a bit too harsh PGP.

i'd give him 7th in the Western.

because his results are much better than some of the other Coalition Members in here imo.

so a "playoff spot" is well deserved in comparison.

"Green light!" -- he's shown off a nice array of impressive work.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Thank you gentlemen for taking the time to read and post, but most of all for your support. It is much appreciated. At Arocha Hair Restoration we take great pride in our work, in the past I have posted results early, often as early as the first fallow up visit at about 4 months. If you look carefully, of all the examples of our work submitted by Bill, there is only one at a full 1 year post op, one at 10 months, one at 9 months, two at 8 months and one at 7 months. So even without giving us the benefit of having our result fully grown out and maturing, I think that these are excellent transformations.

While I don't doubt his ability, I opted for another physician after a face-to-face consultation with Dr. Arocha. I had seen many of his before/after pics and thought they were great. Even now I still think they are great examples of his skill. But discussing/reviewing his pricing prompted me to choose another doctor.

During my visit, his fees were presented but they were higher than many other physicians on the Hair Restoration forum. Also, when he quoted his price per graft, he sited Bosley as a reference point for his own pricing structure. After my visit I followed up with an email with some questions, including if his rates were negotiable, having found lower-priced procedures on this site by just as equally skilled surgeons. He answered all my questions but did not respond to his fees. I followed up with a 2nd email with additional questions about the procedure, including a repeat of my question on his fees being negotiable. Again he responded to all my questions but not the possibility of negotiating fees.

Please know that I don't have a problem with any type of business and their pricing structures (except of course Starbucks --haha). I say if you have a great product/service, charge what you like. But I walked away feeling too uncomfortable with my experience in terms of discussing fees.

I suppose it's a compliment to Dr. Arocha's work that I already assumed he was a member of the coalition.

In my humble opinion, coalition members should be a very small and exclusive group. Not just doctors who are very good -- but the absolute best of the best. I really do think that Dr. Arocha qualifies in this regard.

sharptooth, i think every single one of us (unless you're ridiculously wealthy) takes price into consideration when deciding on a doctor (especially in these tough economic times). But, i don't think a doc's price structure should be a factor for consideration into the coalition.

what i like about dr. arochas' work is the naturalness of it.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hey Hair,

As I tried to explain, my concern wasn't Dr. Arocha's fee. I simply felt all of my concerns were not directly addressed.

As with Dr. Keene (via phone & email), she did not hesitate to answer any of my questions/concerns. I felt she was very frank/direct with our discussions. That's the type of physician I'll choose everytime.

But again, I have nothing negative at all to say about Dr. Arocha's work itself.

SharpTooth,

How much was Dr. Arocha charging per graft? I find it annoying when doctors do not place their pricing structure on their website. What's the big deal? Price is a big factor for most people, so I don't understand the rationale for not posting fees. The only doctor's that I know who do have their fees posted are Rahal, Feller, Lindsey, Rassman, and Bernstein.

I had my first HT with Dr Arocha a couple of months ago (3800 grafts) and it went very well. I was there for most of the day, but the time went by really fast. The Dr and his staff were great. His surgical center was very impressive as well. I will be going back to him to address the crown area next year.

I took 2 weeks off after the surgery, but I feel that I could have gone back sooner because the there was very little redness in the recipient area and the hair in the back was covering the donor area.

No one at work could tell that I had surgery (and I'm not telling anybody either), so I was happy about that...

I have been taking propecia for 14 months and rogaine foam for 8 months. I have been visiting this site for over 1 year.

:-)

Not sure I understand what happened with Sharptooth??¦Dr. Arocha, was very responsive to all my questions and was willing to work with me on prices. I do not know the other Doctors in the coalition, all I can do is share my experience and hope others have the same.

I underwent my hair transplant procedure 7 months ago with Dr. Arocha. The pre-surgery, during and post-surgery went better than my expectations. Dr. Arocha and his staff made certain that the procedure and the process of hair transplant went flawlessly.

Pre surgery:

Like everyone here, I have anxiety towards any type of surgery. Dr. Arocha could since my stress level, so before surgery he sat me down and again explained the entire process. This is one of the main reasons I went with him??¦his personal touch!

During the minor surgery:

Dr. Arocha made sure I was given ample sedation and I did not feel any discomfort. He and his friendly staff provided a very comfortable atmosphere, where I enjoyed movies and soothing music.

Post Surgery:

Dr. Arocha provided me post-operative instructions that were clear concise. I followed them to a tee and lucky enough I did not have the swelling and discomfort I hear about after surgery

Congratulations Dr. Arocha, you truly deserve to be recognized!

Thanks to everyone who took the time to offer their valuable input on the potential Coalition membership for Dr. Arocha.

Given the overwhelmingly positive response from the patient and physician members of this community and Dr. Arocha's outstanding track record in performing ultra refined hair transplants with excellent results, we believe he's earned his rightful place in the highly esteemed Coalition of Independent Hair Resotration Physicians.

I trust he'll continue to impress our online patient community with impressive examples of his ultra refined work for years to come.

View Dr. Arocha's Coalition Profile.

Congratulations Dr. Arocha.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 3 weeks later...