Steriods and Hairloss

So I've been using (currently on) moderate-heavy steroids (test, tren dbol, whinny) for the last 2 years since I was 19. I haven't experienced any hair falling out. I'm getting a little paranoid after looking at the crown area, actually contemplating a hair transplant. This could be the starting steps of MPB... I might want to get finasteride script after using 1g testosterone for over a year now.

1222.png.1d75a076d53fcfbbe81995c62b8a44af.png

123331.jpg.8277f117a22a973534678370891376af.jpg

You start with the steroids.

Then you need the finasteride to combat the sides from the steroids.

Then you need the ED pills to combat the sides from the fin.

Then you need the anti-depressants to combat the effects from all of the above.

Then the hypertension meds, anti anxiety, etc. It gets worse from here.

Is this the path that you want to take?

You start with the steroids.

Then you need the finasteride to combat the sides from the steroids.

Then you need the ED pills to combat the sides from the fin.

Then you need the anti-depressants to combat the effects from all of the above.

Then the hypertension meds, anti anxiety, etc. It gets worse from here.

Is this the path that you want to take?

I have gotten zero sides from roids except mild acne and bloating in the last 2 years. I'm just wondering if people think the crown is an issue. I think I could remedy that with a simple transplant tbh

You got Acne and Bloating from Roids so you can't say you have experience zero sides from Roids.

Crown is considered as a Black hole. It requires tons of Grafts to achieve good coverage, so you can't get rid with a simple Transplant and what if you start loosing from front.

Better avoid Roids if you loosing hair or be ready to have a hair like Ronnie coleman

At last your head your choice ;)

Chap, you're going to listen to our advice on hair loss much as you will about giving up roids i.e. you'll ignore it unless it confirms what you already believe.

But when you say you've been on steroids for two years - presumably that means cycling and not continuously? As for the zero sides - you're getting regular functional tests for your liver, kidney, cholesterol levels etc. yeah? Not forgetting your sperm count. Acne, bloating and hair loss are really the least of your worries.

Chap, you're going to listen to our advice on hair loss much as you will about giving up roids i.e. you'll ignore it unless it confirms what you already believe.

But when you say you've been on steroids for two years - presumably that means cycling and not continuously? As for the zero sides - you're getting regular functional tests for your liver, kidney, cholesterol levels etc. yeah? Not forgetting your sperm count. Acne, bloating and hair loss are really the least of your worries.

But he wants to be really buff, lol.

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

• Administrators

Firstly you are running some serious compounds winstrol is probably the worst compound for hair, trenbolone is probably second, are you a professional bodybuilder or do you aspire to be one? I'd hope so taking those compounds at such high dosages. You have a choice to make, get off the compounds and keep your hair or stay on and shave your head, it does appear you're losing some hair at 19 it's only gonna get worse, taking finasteride whilst running such high dosages of heavy DHT compounds like winstrol is like plugging a leak with gum. It's not gonna do much because the amount of DHT circulating in your body is super physiological. Finasteride blocks up to 70% of DHT but when you have an abnormal amount of DHT that 30% will be probably more than a normal guy who doesn't take fin. Personally I'd stop the steroids, but if your dream is to be a bodybuilder I understand at which point just shave your head.

There's no way to know how bald you'll be because you're so young, you may be in the eye of the storm in terms of hair loss if you get a procedure now you may end up with not enough hair to cover your head and an unnatural balding pattern, especially in the crown because it expands and you may just have a donut hole of hair with a big round bald scalp around it and not enough hair to cover it, I'd rather be bald and shave my head then do that. That's why it's better to just shave if you for plan to stay on the drugs.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I just got back from a dermatologist visit, first time going to one and I asked about If I'm experiencing hair loss. He told me that my hair isn't experiencing miniaturization nor is it receding,I guess thats a good thing, he offered me finasteride but he didn't recommend it. So I turned it down as I don't really see the need for it.

Also for those concerned about internal function, I've been getting monthly blood tests, my doctor knows I take roids, and all my tests show that I'm perfectly healthy. Yes I do compete, and no I don't cycle, I've been blasting/cruising for 2 years, meaning I've been on gear for 2 years.

I just wanted an opinion on the shape of the crown, looking back at old pictures I don't really see a difference honestly. I know roids cause hair loss, I took a gamble knowing that both sides of my family have no hairloss. If you look at people like jay cutler/frank zane, they have never experienced hair loss, so maybe DHT isn't the only factor when it comes to losing hair.

Edited by frankkyd

• Administrators
I just got back from a dermatologist visit, first time going to one and I asked about If I'm experiencing hair loss. He told me that my hair isn't experiencing miniaturization nor is it receding,I guess thats a good thing, he offered me finasteride but he didn't recommend it. I turned it down as I don't really see the need for it.

Also for those concerned about internal function, I've been getting monthly blood tests, my doctor knows I take roids, and all my tests show that I'm perfectly healthy. Yes I do compete, and no I don't cycle, I've been blasting/cruising for 2 years, meaning I've been on gear for 2 years.

Dermatologists don't have the adequate tools typically to test for miniaturization, I would visit a hair restoration doctor in your area, to me it looks like your thinning visibly, in the beginning stages it's very hard to tell without magnification though. When I was 21 I was losing hair no one was able to tell not even my barber, but I saw a lot of hair shedding, if you're noticing something different then it's probably because something is different. Can you take a picture bird view in natural light?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Dermatologists don't have the adequate tools typically to test for miniaturization, I would visit a hair restoration doctor in your area, to me it looks like your thinning visibly, in the beginning stages it's very hard to tell without magnification though. When I was 21 I was losing hair no one was able to tell not even my barber, but I saw a lot of hair shedding, if you're noticing something different then it's probably because something is different. Can you take a picture bird view in natural light?

Good suggestion! It actually looks a lot better in natural lighting.

t1.jpg.b3d819164d3d74ed28662db9000e3f03.jpg

t2.jpg.bf06a156376617b3a3166d8dd490fbb8.jpg

t3.jpg.dd64951461a18063082026669bdc9817.jpg

I just got back from a dermatologist visit, first time going to one and I asked about If I'm experiencing hair loss. He told me that my hair isn't experiencing miniaturization nor is it receding,I guess thats a good thing, he offered me finasteride but he didn't recommend it. So I turned it down as I don't really see the need for it.

I just wanted an opinion on the shape of the crown, looking back at old pictures I don't really see a difference honestly. I know roids cause hair loss, I took a gamble knowing that both sides of my family have no hairloss. If you look at people like jay cutler/frank zane, they have never experienced hair loss, so maybe DHT isn't the only factor when it comes to losing hair.

Jay cutler is actually thinning on top and when I last saw frank Zane he has quite a receded hairline- that said he is in his 70s now. He probably didn't use the sorts of gear Jay did and probably wasn't on it year round.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

There's people that legitimately seek opinions from others, and those who seek to confirm what they already want to believe.

I've countless friends with a story similar to yours. At your age, for all of men, the invincibility complex is riding high. Inevitably, you'll regret roids, but not until you decide. Nobody is going to convince you otherwise. Just remember, girls dont really care about your muscles. I promise you.

The advice from others is spot on. Good luck.

There's people that legitimately seek opinions from others, and those who seek to confirm what they already want to believe.

I've countless friends with a story similar to yours. At your age, for all of men, the invincibility complex is riding high. Inevitably, you'll regret roids, but not until you decide. Nobody is going to convince you otherwise. Just remember, girls dont really care about your muscles. I promise you.

The advice from others is spot on. Good luck.

I don't understand where you're getting at, My health is in perfect condition, I run monthly tests with my doctor. I didn't come here for "why roids are bad for you" lecture. A lot of people are prone to acne/hair loss and this drug would greatly accelerate that, and for that person I wouldn't recommend roids, but from MY experience, not your friends, or whoever you know, (because everyone reacts differently) I've had little to no side effects.

And I don't lift for girls lmao, I compete, and have a passion for weights.

I don't understand where you're getting at, My health is in perfect condition, I run monthly tests with my doctor. I didn't come here for "why roids are bad for you" lecture. A lot of people are prone to acne/hair loss and this drug would greatly accelerate that, and for that person I wouldn't recommend roids, but from MY experience, not your friends, or whoever you know, (because everyone reacts differently) I've had little to no side effects.

And I don't lift for girls lmao, I compete, and have a passion for weights.

Tough love is all. I promise.

Have a cousin who competed semi-professionally for a brief period. Was sides free until he hit 30. He was very responsible with testing and super knowledgeable about usage.

He's now cycling medications to offset the damage done that didnt manifest itself until years after. His body is a mess.

• Administrators

It looks a lot fuller in natural light, it appeared like your whirl had some miniaturization in the first pictures you posted, you may want to check with a hair restoration surgeon if you have miniaturization in the crown under magnification just to make sure, you could start on minoxidil as a preventive measure too.

View my thread

Been at the gym game for nearly 30 years and roids have been a line I've never crossed, despite trying most other supplements/creatine/ephedrine etc. Seen the damage over the years with guys on it. Two strokes, one resulting in permanent paralysis, severe mood swings and mental health problems and others with horrendous acne and liver problems.

At the end of the day, it's your decision. We make our own way in life and have free will. The results from steroids, in my experience, are short lived and do not look natural.

It worries me, that I constantly see young guys, hoping for the quick fix, resorting to growth hormone and steroids.

As for your original question, I don't see any balding at the crown.