in NYC and im looking for an FUE Dr for around a 2000 graft procedure..need advise

Hey guys...i just joined the forum because im looking for a dr to take my case and was hoping you guys could help me out...im 42 years old and i had a 1500 graft strip done by dr A in india to fix my hairline about 8 years ago...i was very happy with the result but despite being on finasteride,my hair continued to thin in the frontal 1/3 of my scalp in a diffused manner....its now getting to the point where i cant style my hair properly and need toppic in order to look decent....i finally have some extra money so i absolutely want to fix this now..i will return to dr A if i have to as i believe he did a good job but id like to first try to see if i could afford to have it done locally this time......i live in manhattan and im looking for about 2000 FUE grafts to add density to the frontal portion of my hair and strengthen my hairline but not really lower it much if at all...the problem is my budget..i have $10,000 to pay for the 2000 grafts and i absolutely want fue this time...i do not want a larger scar because after this procedure i intend to eventually do a scar revision. ...i wish i could afford Dr feller but at his prices i would only get 1000 fue grafts and i feel i need closer to twice that much....i wrote both Dr feller and wesley in nyc explaining i have a limited budget but i am very flexible for scheduling and im local in the hopes they could offer a reduced rate if i was willing to fill a last min cancelation slot but i got no offer as of yet so im posting here for advice on a surgeon whos good and whos rate is closer to 5 dollars an FUE graft (feller is 10 bucks a graft)...i have the cash now and im available for surgery tomorrow !!!!...if anyone has a suggestion or perhaps a dr or rep reading this could offer something??thanks so much guys!!!

You should travel-you'll get better value. The best FUE doctors are all in Europe too. Kind of a no-brainer.

Even if you were to consider some of the top FUE docs in the states you're still going to pay more. Canadian exchange is good right now though.

I would consider a consult with Lorenzo, Feriduni, Bisanga, Erdogan. There's really no reason to stay in the states for FUE on a budget.

I know ..thats why i did my first procedure in india..it was during a time in my life when i had almost no extra money but i needed to do something ...i was extremely happy with my result and id do it again in a second but im very busy with work and dont know if i can travel right now (id need a pet sitter)

You'll have to make a concession somewhere--either on price or travel. Not sure you'd want FUE in NY anyway. Maybe Wesley but that would be about it. You could head to the midwest and consult with Konior and SMG but you won't save money. Maybe talk to Rahal. Canada a quick easy flight from NYC and rates are good.

Only doctor with prices in your price range in the US and is recommended is Vories

in Carolina. He charges five dollars a graft. But I would still leave the country for fue. It's ridiculous what doctors here charge for fue.

Thanks i just looked at vories site..i wish he listed amount of grafts used in his B&A photos..would help me imagine what he can achieve with 2000 grafts...i might as well fly to india if i gotta get on a plane anyway

I would probably leave the country if going fue. I know it's a hassle but I think in the long run you get a lot more for your money. I would put the pets in a kennel or something. Plus you have already done it once so wouldn't be like new territory. If you were going fut would say it was worth more money to stay here but it seems that fue is done better abroad.

Yea, what these guys have said. I think there's excellent FUE results to be had in the U.S., but for the most part the prices are just silly.

It's totally cool that some docs sincerely believe that strip is the best method overall. They do make excellent points to back up that stance. What sort of gets my goat though is when they slight FUE at almost every turn...then you look on their website and see that they charge an absolute premium for it!!

tumblr_m8v40yGISF1qml34n.gif

• Moderators

I'm curious as to why you want FUE if you already have a scar from FUT. Why not do another FUT? You can get that done for the price you're looking for. I'm not trying to have a debate about which is better, but if you already have the scar I don't really see the point of going FUE.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

I'm curious as to why you want FUE if you already have a scar from FUT. Why not do another FUT? You can get that done for the price you're looking for. I'm not trying to have a debate about which is better, but if you already have the scar I don't really see the point of going FUE.

Missed this in original post. Pretty obvious move.

Its a really good question guys and something i thought about..my first procedure wasnonly 1500 grafts and rather than a full smily face on the back of my head, i got off easy with a half smily on the left side of my head only......even with a small incision , i have a noticeable scar if i wear my hair short...i just think i scar easily...a larger horrible scar is just not something i want to risk...if i did another strip to harvest the 2000 grafts i want i will likely need to open up the other side of my head and then a large percentage of the money i saved i will then spend on the additional fues needed to hide a scar thats now twice as large....anyway, i have 10 grand and weather i do it hete or abroad, it should be enough to get me my 2000 grafts to make me happy without risking looking like Frankenstein. .lol

I am from the NJ area and I thought it was good to stay local so I consulted with Dr. Feller in NY, however I too wanted an FUE procedure and as we all know Dr. Feller does not give you that option. I eventually traveled to Ottawa Canada - a short hour flight - and had my FUE procedure with Rahal. The dollar is still relatively strong so the currency conversation works in our favor.. Just something to consider ...

Unfortunately my pet , work and personal situation makes travel at this time impossible. .i have a very unusual pet that makes finding a sitter for impossible..lol...this really sucks..i really have 10 000 but i imagine i can scrape 13000 tops together if it woukd help but unfortunately im just unable to travel. ..what about jersey? Is there no decent fue drs in jersey?

the elite FUE docs are in Europe, there are several in North America including Rahal, Konior or Shapiro that do both FUT and FUE, but if you can't travel you're not only limiting your options but you'd probably end up with a subpar result - i'd say hold off until your situation changes - my opinion

I believe true and durin do free consults no??i think if they do ill make an appt monday and see if they can offer to fix me for $13,000...who knows..maybe im overestimating the amount of grafts i need

I believe true and durin do free consults no??i think if they do ill make an appt monday and see if they can offer to fix me for $13,000...who knows..maybe im overestimating the amount of grafts i need

Yes they do, and no way in hell you will get 2,000 FUE grafts for $13,000 in New York or New Jersey. True & Dorin charge at least $8 a graft for FUE.

the elite FUE docs are in Europe, there are several in North America including Rahal, Konior or Shapiro that do both FUT and FUE, but if you can't travel you're not only limiting your options but you'd probably end up with a subpar result - i'd say hold off until your situation changes - my opinion

Does SMG do a lot of FUE? I honestly don't see a ton of FUE cases here for such a popular clinic?

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

Also, 2,000 grafts isn't a lot, and if you are overestimating and really need less than that, then you probably don't really need a transplant. Do yourself a favor and try find a sitter for your pet snake (I am assuming) and head over to Europe. $13,000 will be more than enough to get 2,000 FUE grafts, pay for your flights, pay for your sitter, and you maybe even have some left over to get some action at a FKK club in Germany - only 50 Euro for a BBBJ and a good lay.