Dietary Influences on Hair - Carlos K. Wesley, M.D.

Reportedly, genes contribute less than 14% of explained variation in androgenetic alopecia (AGA) [Richards, et. al]. Since dietary changes may be the simplest starting point to preventing hair loss, this investigative study might be of interest to many of you.

Studying 354 men (ages 35-65), researchers found that frequent soy bean drink consumption proved slightly protective against moderate to severe male pattern baldness (MPB). Rich in isoflavones (leading to increased antioxidant levels) soy consumption demonstrated some protection against AGA.

SoyInsta.jpg

• Administrators

I wonder if it's because soy beans have an anti androgenic effect.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Ingesting Diatamaceous Earth daily has really helped my hair the last couple week, looks healthier and grows waaaay faster. Maybe I should add this soy bean stuff to my routine and replace the castor oil rubbed into my scalp every evening lol

Ingesting Diatamaceous Earth daily has really helped my hair the last couple week, looks healthier and grows waaaay faster. Maybe I should add this soy bean stuff to my routine and replace the castor oil rubbed into my scalp every evening lol

Diatamaceus earth?? Hearing this for the first time. Does it really help with thickening hair and accelerating growth? What has been your experience?

Diatamaceus earth?? Hearing this for the first time. Does it really help with thickening hair and accelerating growth? What has been your experience?

Started taking after seeing it could get rid of parasites back when I was paranoid and got a little too deep into the whole detoxifying thing. The majority of it is silica which has done wonders for my hair, thickening is arguable maybe a bit but my hair absolutely grows twice as fast when I take it

Personally I don't buy into the diet making any difference to MPB I know guys who are total piss heads rubbish diet with full head of healthy looking hair, by the same token, bald guys who look after themselves

good food exercise etc, my brother is the biggest stress head you could meet crap diet and too much alcohol yet he has a full head of hair at the age of 51

Personally I don't buy into the diet making any difference to MPB I know guys who are total piss heads rubbish diet with full head of healthy looking hair, by the same token, bald guys who look after themselves

good food exercise etc, my brother is the biggest stress head you could meet crap diet and too much alcohol yet he has a full head of hair at the age of 51

Your body reacting to types of foods isn't so much whether the food is bad in regards to junk food, but how your body reacts to it. A lot of people's bodies cannot deal with dairy and or wheat. As a result they have different symptoms, whether it is digestive side effects, skin conditions, etc, each person reacts differently. For me, if I cut out dairy and wheat, my health improves quite a bit. You may not 'believe" in it as it isn't well documented with Western Medicine, but there is enough anecdotal evidence to suggest there is definitely a link. So it isn't far fetched to think that MPB could be correlated to a reaction with certain foods.. maybe not a direct link but some relationship.