Hairline Surgeon Discussion

CPTmurica

Hi Everyone,

I've read a ton of reviews so far, and want to do FUE for my hairline. I've seen and checked out quite a few doctors and decided against Dr. Bernstein in favor or more top tier doctors. My picks currently are Rahal, Hassan/Wong, Konior, and Shapiro (in order).

I'm just trying to seek advice on which would be the best for a younger hairline. I'm currently 24, and would like to fix this before it proceeds and realize i'd then have upkeep in a few years need be. I also saw that Rahal has offices in NY, would this be the same high quality as their Canada location?

Thanks!

How long have you been on hair loss preventative meds? It wouldn't hurt to consult with several clinics to get their evaluation and recommendation. Some may recommend you to stay on meds only for now while others may recommend the conservative approach considering your donor supply. Best of luck!

@esrec I'm not comfortable posting pictures on a public forum but it is nw2/nw3 more or less. I'm more interested in frontal hairline recommendations similar to what the user stig has posted a few times in response to these questions, I just could not find any matching my request.

@janna I started minoxidil for the first time 2.5 years ago for six months and then stopped. I started fin a year ago, and restarted minox about 8 months ago. I'll likely follow up with yours and other clinics for consultations, thank you for the response!

• Administrators
@esrec I'm not comfortable posting pictures on a public forum but it is nw2/nw3 more or less. I'm more interested in frontal hairline recommendations similar to what the user stig has posted a few times in response to these questions, I just could not find any matching my request.

@janna I started minoxidil for the first time 2.5 years ago for six months and then stopped. I started fin a year ago, and restarted minox about 8 months ago. I'll likely follow up with yours and other clinics for consultations, thank you for the response!

I think you should do a buzz test not only to determine whether you could live with a shaved head but also to see if any other hair is miniaturized, you may think you're Norwood 3 cause your hair is long, but once you buzz your head and it grows back you may see that a lot of the other hair is miniaturized. This could save a potential shock loss disaster.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hi Everyone,

I've read a ton of reviews so far, and want to do FUE for my hairline. I've seen and checked out quite a few doctors and decided against Dr. Bernstein in favor or more top tier doctors. My picks currently are Rahal, Hassan/Wong, Konior, and Shapiro (in order).

I'm just trying to seek advice on which would be the best for a younger hairline. I'm currently 24, and would like to fix this before it proceeds and realize i'd then have upkeep in a few years need be. I also saw that Rahal has offices in NY, would this be the same high quality as their Canada location?

Thanks!

Rahal's offices in NY are only for consultations when he visits a few times during the year. His actual clinic where he performs surgeries is only located in Ottawa.

The best doctor can not change your loss pattern. If you have a transplant surrounded by a lot of miniaturized hairs you will lose them. You will not be able to retain a 24 year old hairline for life. You need to be realistic and save hair for when you get older if that is even possible. Ht soon makes a ton of sense because you could lose all of the shrunken hair that has shrinked. By no means is this the end of the world but you need to be realistic about the future. Trying to get a 24 year old hairline is the worst thing you could do now. Stay on drugs for now meet with really good clinics. If someone wants to put a hairline on you like you were five years ago run. I have been there been promised things that are simply not possible . Easy to say you will not worry at 35 or 40 what you look like but you will. Be safe.

The best doctor can not change your loss pattern. If you have a transplant surrounded by a lot of miniaturized hairs you will lose them. You will not be able to retain a 24 year old hairline for life. You need to be realistic and save hair for when you get older if that is even possible. Ht soon makes a ton of sense because you could lose all of the shrunken hair that has shrinked. By no means is this the end of the world but you need to be realistic about the future. Trying to get a 24 year old hairline is the worst thing you could do now. Stay on drugs for now meet with really good clinics. If someone wants to put a hairline on you like you were five years ago run. I have been there been promised things that are simply not possible . Easy to say you will not worry at 35 or 40 what you look like but you will. Be safe.

Great advice! I know it's tough to hear, but definitely proceed with caution before jumping into a procedure at your age.

Will do, I definitely understand it. Not looking for the 18 year old hairline, more just rounding out some of the M. Based on my father and brother hairline I think I'll just be the receding M until my mid 50/60s and by then I'm in the shave zone imo

Don't pursue surgical hair restoration thinking that you won't experience future hair loss. If you don't consider the possibilities of progressive hair loss, and a mature hairline as a result of aging as a male, don't expect to regain the hair that you once had in grade school.

Consider and research patients who had surgery and may or may not have discontinued medical therapy and thought that they could have natural-looking results after deciding to have no further surgery.

Don't think that the best hairline surgeon will perform the procedure knowing your current or future expectations can't be met.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I agree with Janna. Consult several trusted clinics. You are on the young side but I haven't seen pics of your hairline. If you have a high enough hairline, you still may be able to consider a transplant. I had a HT at 33 in the hair line when I had a fairly strong hairline. I did it because I wanted a hair line that I liked (mostly my corners needed help) and being on fin, I didn't want to wait 15 years for my hair line to start to peel back for a less agressive starting point. So, I think that like many things, hair line transplantation should be considered on a case by case basis with the use of meds, donor availability, donor attributes, and miniaturization throughout the rest of your head all being taken into consideration, with extra caution based on your age.

I really think the best candidate is 45 to 50 with minimal loss and just needing to start on meds. Howevery we don't all fall in that category so it's really an individual choice.

If you pic the right clinic, the doctor will only transplant a hairline that is appropriate with you.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Good to hear you're back on hair loss preventative meds and consulting with trusted clinics to get their advice. Best of luck in your research!