3800 grafts/fut With Dr Ali Karadeniz

mosd

Being objective, you need to appreciate you're still in the early stages of growth. You've had some shock loss which makes the appearance currently look worse than pre-op. Hopefully the shock lost grafts will regrow soon. It's a waiting game and no-one can predict how the end result will look like, some people are just slow growers. I know from my own experience its hard to stop looking in the mirror constantly to check on growth but try to be patient and see where you are at month 6.

thanks bro. Its hard not to compare yourself to other people. Some look fantastic at 4 month some look worse. Also no situation is like the other.

I'm really unsure about this doctor , some of his results on his own website seem pretty average at best !

I'm pretty sure Dr Karadeniz is one of the few doctors that doesn't exaggerate photos and gives an accurate portrayal of his work. He seems to be quite conservative on his FUE hairlines, having said that, even on his higher FUE grafts, the densities do look quite lacking.

I'm pretty sure Dr Karadeniz is one of the few doctors that doesn't exaggerate photos and gives an accurate portrayal of his work. He seems to be quite conservative on his FUE hairlines, having said that, even on his higher FUE grafts, the densities do look quite lacking.

Also felt this. His result are good if you look at how honest his pictures are. And many doctors use so much grafts in small areas.

Sorry if that can across a bit off , really hope things work out for the best and look forward to seeing your results :)

No problem Bro. Hopefully I will be satisfied!

It might be like a dandruff flake or something attached to it, as I don't think a dead graft would just sit in the head for 4 months. Message your doctor and maybe see a dermatologist or something is all I can say.

I had the same after 4 month. this happend to me 3 or 4 times. Doctor told me that this could be a dead graft.

A dead graft? Why does that happen?

In my opinion this could mean a few things. One is that you didn't wash aggressively enough and the grafts was stuck in the slit without being able to shed. If this is the case follicle is still in tact and the hair will still grow. The other is that it is indeed a dead graft that wasn't placed properly therefore the grafts/follicles didn't attach and no hair will grow. Regardless it is only a few and will not make a difference in the final outcome.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

• 3 weeks later...

So its been 5 month today. Dont know what to say really. The doctor told me to "forget" the transplant til at least 6 month. Hopefully i will se some regrowth that will change my apperance in the coming month.

Im still looking forward to seeing some positive regrowth.

IMG_20160621_134053.thumb.jpg.44b595f1d1a42e61e882dd04aa1a4bd5.jpg

IMG_20160621_134105.thumb.jpg.121d5d1f26a5e034dfe8eca2101081ea.jpg

IMG_20160621_134138.thumb.jpg.12f444456b4cef34e0be49daa07d57e6.jpg

IMG_20160621_134147.thumb.jpg.01385efb49914d2212610b3610207fe1.jpg

IMG_20160621_134152.thumb.jpg.d46a203c4c1e96dd5b7b3cdfe00f4371.jpg

IMG_20160621_134157.thumb.jpg.e03e122fff91b73da13b1f417bd60176.jpg

IMG_20160621_134201.thumb.jpg.cc90b72039b8be6fd1f84caf880836d6.jpg

I just looked at your pre-op pictures - looks like you had a lot of shockloss of existing hairs that is slow to recover. You are going to have to be patient mate, but hang in there

I just looked at your pre-op pictures - looks like you had a lot of shockloss of existing hairs that is slow to recover. You are going to have to be patient mate, but hang in there

Thanks for your words of comfort. How long can it take for shockloss to recover? My shockloss around the scar is slowly getting better, hopefully the recipient will follow.

Mos,

True "shock loss" usually appears pretty resolved by month 6. In my opinion, this is because the resting telogen phase the follicles are "shocked" into from the transplant usually lasts 3 months. Then the hairs themselves come back a little thinner and wispy -- much like a transplant -- and take a few months to grow and mature to an appreciable difference. This usually results in "resolution" around the 6 month mark. Sometimes even a little longer. I know it's very difficult to "wait out," but I think Dr K is right; it should resolve just fine with time.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Mos,

True "shock loss" usually appears pretty resolved by month 6. In my opinion, this is because the resting telogen phase the follicles are "shocked" into from the transplant usually lasts 3 months. Then the hairs themselves come back a little thinner and wispy -- much like a transplant -- and take a few months to grow and mature to an appreciable difference. This usually results in "resolution" around the 6 month mark. Sometimes even a little longer. I know it's very difficult to "wait out," but I think Dr K is right; it should resolve just fine with time.

Drblake, you have been supporting me since the starting days after my OP. Im truly grateful.

Hopefully u and Dr K are right :)

Will update again in 30 days.

• 5 weeks later...

6 month update.

So guys, its been another month.

My front is still thinner than it was before the operation.

The right side of my scar is slowly getting better after the shockloss. Hopefully the recipient will follow and when the hair around the scar is growing back the recipient will aswell.

IMG_20160721_124114.thumb.jpg.0f6890fd8b9a77c8b0eff83efbfe9572.jpg

IMG_20160721_124442.thumb.jpg.d16adf5887f9635311d322b4babee8c6.jpg

IMG_20160721_124607.thumb.jpg.a4503648e0f5c70a4fd4c122aa6d1e5c.jpg

Snapchat-7842208927096755505.thumb.jpg.4a86a722f2211d40f3e6681b79006fe2.jpg

Edited by mosd

6 month update.

So guys, its been another month.

My front is still thinner than it was before the operation.

The right side of my scar is slowly getting better after the shockloss. Hopefully the recipient will follow and when the hair around the scar is growing back the recipient will aswell.

Oooyy - hopefully you are just a slow grower and this turns around for you. Hang in there