Freaking out after hair transplant

For me it was never about weather I had chosen the best surgeon or not. I knew I had chosen the best!. What put me into a bit of depressive mood was that somehow in a remote corner of my mind I had a feeling that I was kind of ''cheating'' on how I look. (may sound little wierd, but that's how I felt). Part of it was anxiety of how things would turn out and what if the procedure was a failure, what if only some hairs grew and other did not making me look wierd!!!.

That is when my angel wife helped me out, just as Dr. Feller pointed out traveling with your dear one would ease the anxiety.

My Thread: 

For me it was never about weather I had chosen the best surgeon or not. I knew I had chosen the best!. What put me into a bit of depressive mood was that somehow in a remote corner of my mind I had a feeling that I was kind of ''cheating'' on how I look. (may sound little wierd, but that's how I felt). Part of it was anxiety of how things would turn out and what if the procedure was a failure, what if only some hairs grew and other did not making me look wierd!!!.

That is when my angel wife helped me out, just as Dr. Feller pointed out traveling with your dear one would ease the anxiety.

haha ive felt this to. Ive felt loneley and that im cheating. That i have to travel to another country spend money just to look good. How desperate is that?

or is it?

It's completely normal to feel worse before you feel better. I also think its normal to have passing feelings of insecurity about going to such lengths, such as surgery.

But this isnt about enhancement, like an elective surgery for bigger boobs or liposuction to artifically improve your existing look. Its about maintenance. We were born with hair, we've lived with hair, it makes sense we'd want to keep our hair. Some seek perfection, but the vast majority just want their life back. Technology and medicine allows us to live longer. Why not live better?

I have more respect for people who take control of their lives than those who sit and suffer instead. There's nothing noble in that. I can think of countless friends who I know are suffering and can pay for the procedure but opt for inaction. You took control. Be proud of taking matters into your own hands.

It's completely normal to feel worse before you feel better. I also think its normal to have passing feelings of insecurity about going to such lengths, such as surgery.

But this isnt about enhancement, like an elective surgery for bigger boobs or liposuction to artifically improve your existing look. Its about maintenance. We were born with hair, we've lived with hair, it makes sense we'd want to keep our hair. Some seek perfection, but the vast majority just want their life back. Technology and medicine allows us to live longer. Why not live better?

I have more respect for people who take control of their lives than those who sit and suffer instead. There's nothing noble in that. I can think of countless friends who I know are suffering and can pay for the procedure but opt for inaction. You took control. Be proud of taking matters into your own hands.

Very well said and I completely agree with this.

1st Procedure, Oct. 2012 - 1,704 grafts FUT w/Dr. True

2nd Procedure, Sept. 2015 - 2500 grafts FUE w/Dr. Vories

FUE Progress - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180966-my-experience-w-dr-vories-2-500-grafts.html

FUE 1 year result - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184716-1-year-results-2-500-grafts-w-dr-vories.html

any idea how this emotional roller coaster will last? For 1 minute i feel very good and think that ive done a great thing and that it will make me happy.

Another minute im thinking what the f have you done to your self. What if you turn nw 6-7? What will you do then?

What if finasteride will not let you have children? If i quit i will lose my hair.

What if i will have major permanent shockloss because we transplanted where i already have some hair!?

I know i already searched answer to these questions long before pulling the trigger. But its all coming back to me now.

Im not writing this so that you can feel sorry for me. But have no one to talk to so just have to write it out. See if someone else felt samething.

any idea how this emotional roller coaster will last? For 1 minute i feel very good and think that ive done a great thing and that it will make me happy.

Another minute im thinking what the f have you done to your self. What if you turn nw 6-7? What will you do then?

What if finasteride will not let you have children? If i quit i will lose my hair.

What if i will have major permanent shockloss because we transplanted where i already have some hair!?

I know i already searched answer to these questions long before pulling the trigger. But its all coming back to me now.

Im not writing this so that you can feel sorry for me. But have no one to talk to so just have to write it out. See if someone else felt samething.

Don't worry it will all feel better!, every day the bad feelings will wane. You will get used to your new look even before you realize it yourself.

My Thread: 

"Rule your mind, or it will rule you".

Win the mental game man. Remember, worrying gets you no closer to the desired outcome. Trust the process and let it unfold.

Al the questions going through your mind are probably the same questions most of us ask post op .

Immediately post op , I was on a high , excited about the possible results I may get . However , 17 days post op and the day before I returned to work , I realised there was no way I was going to be able to conceal the HT . I hit a massive low that day and seriously regretted ever getting it done .

However , I told certain people at work , wore a hat , and I'm still wearing a hat 5 weeks later . Difference is , after that 1st day back at work , I'm accepting of the position I'm in and I'm not concerned about it any more .

Suffered some shock loss at the donor , so looks like I may have to wear the hat for a good while longer . Again , I'm not concerned , as long as the shock loss resolves itself in time .

If you are worried about removing your cap at the airport, wear a bandanna instead. They won't make you remove it if you tell them you just had surgery, just tell them they can gently feel up there if they want. They will pat your head and off you go. Plus you have the added benefit if you experience any bleeding on the flight your bandanna will catch it.

I chose a red one. :D

it if you tell them you just had surgery, just tell them they can gently feel up there if they want. They will pat your head and off you go. . :D

Are you crazy mate, that's terrible advice. You absolutely cannot be patting the recepient area after surgery let alone allow some TSA agent to do it, you risk dislodging grafts if he pats too hard.

Since you are already home there is only one thing you can do at this point. Move on. Nothing you worry about will change a thing. In fact, the more you worry the worse your overall recovery could be. Why make it worse? Not a single thought you are worrying about hasn't been thought of by anyone else so not only are you not alone, you are in a crowded group of people that has travelled the same road. Assuming you went to a doctor with a good reputation there is no reason at this point to assume that you won't have a fine outcome:)

Online representative for Dr. Bernard Arocha

Learn more about Hair Transplants in Texas!