Underated doctor/rising star

Many times the question has been asked who is the best doctor for fut/fue etc.

My question(s) is who is the most underrated doctor and who is a doctor that is a rising star in the industry?

I personally think that Dr.Nakatsui, Dr. Karadeniz and Dr.Josephitis are underrated and rising stars.

no offence taken.

I'm not looking for a rising star to do surgery on me.

I was just asking the question out of curiosity.

At one time Dr.Rahal, Dr. Hasson, Dr.Feller were up and coming doctors in the field of hair restoration.

Sounds like your question is really about bang for buck. Finding a surgeon who is good but not a as big a name that may come at a lesser cost. Otherwise, you'd just go to the top guys anyway.

Of those you mentioned, Josephitis is at SMG, which speaks for itself.

no offence taken.

I'm not looking for a rising star to do surgery on me.

I was just asking the question out of curiosity.

At one time Dr.Rahal, Dr. Hasson, Dr.Feller were up and coming doctors in the field of hair restoration.

True, and I wouldn't have seen them then...:)

I don't think the Doctors you mentioned would be perceived as being underrated but naturally they won't be put up there with the top docs as they just don't have the portfolio of results behind them, the bottom line is you're only as good as your recent cases, any Doc relative novice or old hand will be judged on that basis

When I choose to get a hair transplant I will be going with the best surgeon based on

• published results
  • meeting the doc and patients in person
  • post operative care and follow up
  • The best doctor for what surgery I decide FUT or FUE

Cost and travel should never should play a part in doctor selection and wont in mine.

I said rising star because if you think how far the hair transplant field has come and the improvement and documentation of results

A good doctor in their mid 30s or early 40s in the field restoration should be a great doctor having started with current techniques.

10 - 15 years ago how many great result were being shown on forums such as this and by how many doctors.

I don't think any of these doctor are rising stars. I think they are established already in their comfort zone. All you mentioned are good doctors. Rising star is someone that is likely to be successful. Since your donor hair is limited why would someone chance their transplant with someone what is likely to be successful compared to someone that is. If the rising star is half the cost of an established doctor that is a risk some people may want to take.

I assist the Italians that come to Hasson and Wong and you should see the garbage transplants I have see that come for repairs. Most of them picked a doctor based on price rather than results.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

I don't think any of these doctor are rising stars. I think they are established already in their comfort zone. All you mentioned are good doctors. Rising star is someone that is likely to be successful. Since your donor hair is limited why would someone chance their transplant with someone what is likely to be successful compared to someone that is. If the rising star is half the cost of an established doctor that is a risk some people may want to take.

I assist the Italians that come to Hasson and Wong and you should see the garbage transplants I have see that come for repairs. Most of them picked a doctor based on price rather than results.

I think there is superstars in the field of hair restoration that have shown years of results and have many hundreds of satisfied patients posting results or commenting.

I think if we did a poll on who is the best per whatever diameter the usual suspects including Hasson and Wong would obviously make that list.

Again, this isn't a question of should you get a hair transplant with someone who isn't quite on par with another doctor and you might risk having poor yield, a pluggy hairline or over harvesting etc.

The question was who is a rising star or underrated doctor.

I think Dr. kadendiz is an underrated doctor because he's shown great results and doesn't get mentioned in my opinion enough.

I think that Dr.Nakatsui is underrated and is a rising star and could be one of the greats when he is finished.

Dr.Wesley I would agree is going to be a superstar and Blakes involvement on this forum at a young age and him working alongside Dr.Feller makes him one to watch for.

Maybe that is a better term "one to watch for" than rising star

How about this forums very own Blake Bloxham ? recently qualified - doing some good work already from what we have seen.

Completely disagree with you. Blake only started practicing as a doctor less than 6 months ago - so none of his transplants have even matured yet, so how can you say he is doing good work already when we can't even evaluate the final outcome of that work? Let's see some final results first and then we can determine if this guy is going to be a golden boy or not. No disrespect to you Blake!

I think the best of the best top doctors have not only learned the skill though experience, but have natural talent and gifted artistic abilities. Things that years of studying in med school, earning a "doctor" title, and even learning the skills hands on can't give. I think most good doctors who do good work and have a good reputation develop those skills from years of experience but there are only a few who has that type of experience AND strong gifted natural talent. I would assume many "rising stars" had their batch of subpar work before getting more well known.

I think you have to start by defining what "underrated" really means: someone that's delivering top notch results but maybe is new to the game so not getting as much credit as others who've been doing it for longer. Price does not factor into talent which is what a "rating" is really about.

I think this is subjective. I did a search and didn't see much and what I did see wasn't impressive. A great deal involves two things. A good price and a good product. If you get a good price that is only half of the bargain which isn't a bargain at all.

Just curious, what about his work did you find unimpressive or not "a good product" as you say ?

Not sure I understand the subject of the thread. You are either good, or you aren't. You either product consistent and excellent results, or you don't.

Like others have said....I'll stick with someone established versus an "up and comer".

• Administrators
I can't isolate what I don't find impressive because it is a general statement about his website, his presence, etc. Results are "meh", website is 2002, no results to speak of on his website with photos that are small thumbnails of before an operation and immediately after the operation. There is one patient of his on Youtube that has a mop of hair but he also has a similar result to his crown as he does to the front but he admits it was from Propecia so you don't really know what is going on. It is the best result from Propecia I've ever seen so what's to say the same didn't happen closer to the front? Nothing about this clinic or doctor indicates quality of product much less clarity of information.

This is just my opinion. If you think he's great, more power to you.

Check out Tom Forrester hair transplant on YouTube, he has one of the most impressive results I have ever seen, if you're not impressed I don't know what will. Dr. Nader has some impressive results in my opinion a lot better than some recommended physicians on this site.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I would actully say Gabel is a good example of someone that's underrated. His results are quite solid.

Actually, yeah, he would be one of those. I think he is really good....he just hasn't been in practice as long as some of the others so some many not know about him. Good post.