2697 grafts FUE, Dr. Diep

spyk777

Hi baseballfan2011,

Swelling should settle down by day 3-5.

It descends from your scalp into the forehead, then eyelids and face.

The prednisone in the post op medication kit will help reduce the inflammatory component of the swelling.

You could direct the swelling away from your eyelids (which could shut your eyes), by massaging your forehead bilaterally, gently, in direction towards your ear.

Best wishes.

• 4 weeks later...

Not the greatest pictures but looking at it, that you look tremendous & the hairline is purely natural nothing less from what we can normally expect from Dr D.

Like I said its hard going on these pics you sent in but by looking, it dont seem that you need anymore work done right now but you will know better than me.

But overall you look great buddy & just framing your face will naturally make you look younger plus even though you been hitting the gym & proberly have shed some weight the framing of your face will make you look like you have lost weight also but looking much fitter if that makes sense.

Anyways bottomline your looking good buddy congratulations you seem to picked the right guy for the job.

Edited by ontop
edit

Not the greatest pictures but looking at it, that you look tremendous & the hairline is purely natural nothing less from what we can normally expect from Dr D.

Like I said its hard going on these pics you sent in but by looking, it dont seem that you need anymore work done right now but you will know better than me.

But overall you look great buddy & just framing your face will naturally make you look younger plus even though you been hitting the gym & proberly have shed some weight the framing of your face will make you look like you have lost weight also but looking much fitter if that makes sense.

Anyways bottomline your looking good buddy congratulations you seem to picked the right guy for the job.

Thank you Ontop, I agree some pictures are grainy. They were taken by iphone older gen. front camera. I have attached some more pics from HT-1. Well I dont think they are any more better. With all certainty HT 1 was successful. In harsh light it was see through though. I recommend Dr Diep without reservations and that's why I went back to him for second round.

I am post HT -2 one month now. Thick into ugly duckling phase. Will update thread as it evolves.

IMG_9685.JPG.85bfa0d5b5dc7d33e475ed1ae2172ffb.JPG

IMG_9680.JPG.fb25dff5cb4b05afc6b209b48293ec8c.JPG

5b32ed9ebc154_021(2).JPG.687215afe182bc8b31f5af8051bc2788.JPG

Edited by spyk777

Very impressive improvement on the top. Any photos of how the donor area is looking?

Thank you Norwood 3. Donor feels untouched as it heals, even after HT 2. It is thinner without doubt than original but I really dont think much about it.

It is not at all obviously noticeable as the hair is all uniformly extracted, and I clip it at 1/2. Wife tells me that if she did not know I had an HT, she could not tell a difference. No one at work takes a second glance at my hair. To the untrained eye it is all the same. We are more conscious and analytic about it than others, I have learned now.

I can post pics later this weekend.

Hi skyk777,

Good to know that the donor area has no changes to the naked eye.

May i ask what norwood level you were before all the procedures?

Thanks...

Hi skyk777,

Good to know that the donor area has no changes to the naked eye.

May i ask what norwood level you were before all the procedures?

Thanks...

I am told NW 4 per Dr. Diep

• 5 weeks later...

Nothing much actively going on. Lost almost all transplanted hair, along with some shock loss both recepient and donor.

Sensation has come back. Paresthesia has resolved.

Trimmed hair with guard 3 on top and 1 on sides.

Continuing Vitamins and Minoxidil foam.

5b32ee1132e4c_FullSizeRender(1).jpg.10d5c31614683f10bb49538405af4f52.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg.efcb8219399a4780df3b3326d17807fc.jpg

5b32ee117e244_FullSizeRender(2).jpg.994b5af5a19ea7dae83b2223583a8708.jpg

IMG_2448.thumb.jpg.76e88a0d19918c97b81a7a20ec63acc5.jpg

No they did not go all the way abutting the temples, but yes until area just in front of the ears.

I have some spots of shock loss on the back, sides and on recipient; and some areas appear not uniform, due to irregular clipping, as I do it by myself.

Keeping fingers crossed. Hoping for the best. Top is slowly returning to pre HT 2.

Attached is a recent back profile. At clipper 1-2.

IMG_2547.thumb.jpg.fac56e24bf6590bdd35bb96210dfacf3.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Shock loss looks completely resolved, this is going to be an amazing result, you seem to have very thick coarse hair, looking back at your pre-op photo you've come a long way thanks for updating.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.