Close up pictures of scalp sebum

After a shower i Can scratch it off and its like a paste (see picture)

And that is only one scratch with my nail, i Got all that chunk.

It is all over my scalp, Also back and sides. :(

My scalp itch all the time.

- I am on finasteride for 5 years+

- Not using minox

- nizoral shampoo does not work

- tried cold showers for a short period, and i Think it worked a tiny bit. But not sure

- tried clobex wich was prescribed by derm, maybe worked a tiny bit.

Well WTF Can i do?

My forehead is Also oily all the time.

2-3 hours after shower the oil on forehead starts and by 5-6 hours i am shiny and oily on forehead.

image.jpg.1a5a1b5a74b0b03addfc8acc8a84505a.jpg

Hi mate

I had exactly the same for years and years before and after ht the only thing that has worked for me is to be more agrees I've washing and using the shower on full force over the whole area o used to baby my hair to much for fear of it falling so gently rubbed and low pressure gentle washing and that shit would just keep building up u need to blast it off and every day also I use nizoral once a week bur before washing like this nizoral didn't help bit it seems to now!!

Hi mate

I had exactly the same for years and years before and after ht the only thing that has worked for me is to be more agrees I've washing and using the shower on full force over the whole area o used to baby my hair to much for fear of it falling so gently rubbed and low pressure gentle washing and that shit would just keep building up u need to blast it off and every day also I use nizoral once a week bur before washing like this nizoral didn't help bit it seems to now!!

After you Got rid of it, did you regrow Any hair?

Do you Think it is causing more hairloss than normal when you have that much sebum buildup?

Could it be there because of washing hair everyday?

What is your doctor saying? You should approach him with this immediately.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

What is your doctor saying? You should approach him with this immediately.

The dr. Is lorenzo.

I sent him the pictures of This before the HT and they said it was some sort of dermatitis and advices me to use clobex, wich i did.

I Think it helped a little bit.

But because of the HT i Can not use clobex shampoo

I have sent an email to the clinic and is waiting a response.

Try changing your diet... your skin (including your scalp), usually is a reflection of your lifestyle/diet.... of it could be a reaction to the shampoo or something that you are using externally....

I do drink alot of coffe and Coke.

Could that be the Reason?

De lorenzo says sebum shouldnt be a problem.

But the shit just keep getting more and more build up on my scalp !!!

And am shedding because of This crap! ?

Somebody must have experienced This?

The sebum becomes so obvies after i just washed my hair. Then it really shows.

Its just laying like chunk on my scalp. This cant really be good for hair.

How am my HT hairs suposed to grow through a thick layer of This shit?

Very depressing

I do drink alot of coffe and Coke.

Could that be the Reason?

I am not a medical professional so I cannot answer your question. Bad foods aren't the only thing that can cause issues though. Food allergies and sensitivities can play a huge role as well. Also, some people do not react well to chemicals in shampoos, soaps, detergent etc.. It can be anything that is causing your issue.

It sounds like you have seborrheic dermatitis. Dr Lorenzo has got quite a few results online of patients with scalp conditions so he knows what he is doing.

I have seborrheic dermatitis also and am considering Lorenzo. He advised on Clobex 1 week pre-op.

I have always found a salicylic acid shampoo to be good to remove sebum/build up.

Check with the Dr before using any shampoo other than what's recommended.

Also, make sure you wash your hair daily.

Keep us posted how things go.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

Dr lorenzo's clinic recommended clobex before the HT because i Also had problems with it before.

Afterwards dr lorenzo says its the scalp healing and stuff like that but Also he says that if i want to use clobex and if i Think it Will help i Can try to use it because it is a safe shampoo.

But i KNOW it has nothing to do with the scalp healing because i Also had it before the HT

My derm dont know shit about This, when i went to him before my HT to get prescribed the clobex he told me that i could try it but he dont Think it would help and actually he didnt have Any idea or didnt really bothered checking it out proberbly.

?

The Clobex is a steroid so will only help with inflammation rather than sebum.

It shouldn't be a problem. Try not to worry about it. You are in the doldrums right now and things may not look great just now, but it will all be worth it in the end.

Make sure when you shampoo that you massage the scalp using your fingertips which will help to remove any build up. A salicylic acid shampoo will also help with that.

Propecia since July 2008

If Lorenzo tells you to stop worrying about it, you should do so.

For your overall wellbeing you should really stop drinking coke and replace it with green tea which has a natural DHT inhibitor and antioxidants. Coke on the other hand has absolutely no nutritional benefits. It has so much sugar in it that tricks you into a psychological addiction.

Ok i Will stop worrying, atleast try to.

I do not massage my scalp, i wash it very gentle, especielly after the HT.

I should maybe try to replace Coke with something Else, i am on finasteride so the green tea shouldnt be to much help.

What brands of acid shampoo is there?

After 10 days post op your grafts are secure so make sure you massage your scalp.

Salicylic acid is available as T/Sal shampoo by neutrogena, but check with Dr Lorenzo it's OK to use. It exfoliates the skin and removes build up so will be ideal for you.

Propecia since July 2008

After 10 days post op your grafts are secure so make sure you massage your scalp.

Salicylic acid is available as T/Sal shampoo by neutrogena, but check with Dr Lorenzo it's OK to use. It exfoliates the skin and removes build up so will be ideal for you.

I Found one shampoo on the internet here in my country with 2 % salicylic acid. Would that be enough?