3036 grafts dr ferriera at seager

don174

My HT doc suggested to stop it. Should I go back on it?ive read postings here by people who said that minox made there hairloss worse.

There are no guarantees with anything but it often makes people look worse early in the process. So a lot of people do what you did, try it for a few months - see the shed, panic, and say it is causing me hair loss, and then quit. You have to commit to it for 8-10 months to see how it all works out. Now that doesn't guarantee anything but if you do it 2-3 months you will almost always be disappointed because you are in the middle of the shedding phase.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

I may consider going back on it after I have more coverage from my HT. I did buy a 6 month supply.just started taking biotin supplements this week and bought a biotin shampoo . Let's see if any of that helps .

Didn't really get much redness like many other pics I've seen.

At this point , looks like I didn't get a HT.

That's normal for 2wks?

Yes. Most grafts will fall out btw week 2-4.

Next 2 months you will look same as pre HT or potentially worse if there is any shock loss etc. Then the slow climb back begins.

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

The shedding is part of the process so if you can live thru those few months the idea is you come out better on the other side.

My experience with minox has not been very good. In fact I am kind of disappointed. I am going to post my before and after pics in a separate thread. My crown area looks worse than before after more than 10 months of rogaine 5% usage.

I use it on my crown only. I've been on it for over 2 years, along with finasteride. It has stabilized my hair loss and I've experienced some regrowth in the crown.

Do you guys rub it all over the scalp or just the crown ?

It works on the same concept everywhere but its efficacy seems to be highest in the crown. So say it has 80% success rate in crown it might have 50% success elsewhere. Also it is useless to use it on areas with no hair etc.

NW 5A to 6.

I use it on my crown only. I've been on it for over 2 years, along with finasteride. It has stabilized my hair loss and I've experienced some regrowth in the crown.

Did you experience alotta shedding when you first started and how long did it last for?

Did you experience alotta shedding when you first started and how long did it last for?

No I didn't. But I kept my hair buzzed with no guard at the time. If there was any shedding, I didn't notice.

• 2 weeks later...

iam just 4 days shy of 5 months ( april 6th).Heres 4 pics- firts 2 are hair combed down, last 2 i combed straight up.Growth is ?, especially down the middle.comments welcome

hair5mosA.thumb.JPG.bbf2af2053ab6f06c4d16723c5cca2d2.JPG

hair5mosB.JPG.610dc4383814597cdf160d5dc4758bab.JPG

hair5mosC.thumb.JPG.9893da3a461d2146d9015532ee63e564.JPG

hair5mosD.thumb.JPG.238ecf1ecfadc2eac871db2da8c77296.JPG

Hey y'all. I'd appreciate some feedback , starting to worry.still see a lot of spaces , as depicted in the last pic with the hair combed up . I realize it's just 5 months, but should I be worried about the density ?iam I a late grower ?reminder - 3k grafts in frontal half .

Thing is with ht patients they are the very worst critics.

But if from a on looker I can see tings are just starting to turn around now for you & yes I should think you are a slow grower but that is nothing to worry about as most people are.

stick with your Fin & Min & yep that would give you shedding & the very least the first 6 months your hair will look like crap.

You got to look at this as a 12 month battle to turn you around & meds will defo help you so my advice is to stick with it & ride it out.

again I see improvements going on with you buddy.

good luck.

If it was 9-12 months wouldn't be too thrilled f I was you, but still early.

I see a distinct line where the Dr stopped planting @ the mid scalp, so I would think at some point out could determine the stop and start point in photos, but I don't see it yet.

Sounds like you are a slow grower. Not sure of your lifestyle habits, but healthy diet a good multi vitamins and biotin can't hurt. Keep the faith

I do take biotin 5mg as part of my supplements . Just started last month . And fin since August.

I don't seem to see many tiny hairs in the empty spaces. So given that I will be 6 months in a few wks when I should have 50% growth ,should I be expecting those spots to slowly fill in , or just thickening of the hairs I have now ?

Thanks

don,

I agree with what's already been said. You're still early in the process and there's no reason for alarm yet. Some guys grow fast and other more slowly. I was a slow grower with my first procedure. Check out my hair loss website from the link in my signature and look at my 5 month pics compared to where I was at 10.

Lots more to come I'm sure. You should see those empty areas filling in.

Good luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

hey David do you still take propecia ? I remember that in the last procedure with Dr.Bhatti you had restarted the Propecia ... but one year gone ..... do you still take it ?

Yep, I've been taking it daily. I started with the 1mg Finpecia I brought back from India and then I got a prescription from my GP for 5mg generic. I'm taking 1/4 tablet daily now.

I thinks it's brought back some of the density up to.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

don,

I agree with what's already been said. You're still early in the process and there's no reason for alarm yet. Some guys grow fast and other more slowly. I was a slow grower with my first procedure. Check out my hair loss website from the link in my signature and look at my 5 month pics compared to where I was at 10.

Lots more to come I'm sure. You should see those empty areas filling in.

Good luck!

Thanx for the reply Dave. Hope you're right about the late grower/filling thing .

Let's see what the 6 month pics reveal in the coming weeks.

• Administrators
No offence, but Im scratching Dr. Ferriera off my next FUE list :eek:

Dutchie,

Don got FUT not FUE, but nevertheless he's only at 5 months, I don't think its bad considering this is very harsh lighting and his hair is short. If he grows his hair longer and stops combing it forward I reckon he'll look a lot better.

Don, you gotta remain patient, everyone grows at different rates, I personally think the 50% of hairs grown at 6 months is BS, im at 9 months and still growing. Don't be discouraged its still early in the game.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Dutchie,

Don got FUT not FUE, but nevertheless he's only at 5 months, I don't think its bad considering this is very harsh lighting and his hair is short. If he grows his hair longer and stops combing it forward I reckon he'll look a lot better.

Don, you gotta remain patient, everyone grows at different rates, I personally think the 50% of hairs grown at 6 months is BS, im at 9 months and still growing. Don't be discouraged its still early in the game.

Hey HTsoon, I guess I saw how good your's looked at this time and got envious .i did get a hair cut 1.5 wks ago, but just a trim to the sides and back. Last time I buzzed the top was in December . I think this "50 % 6 month growth thing" is really misleading .ill prob say Iam like 15-20% growth , and doubt I'll gain another 30% in 1 month .hopefully Iam wrong and get a big burst of growth . I know my dr prefers to see patients at 8 months , which seems to be the prime number for him.so is the assumption that Iam suppose to get 20% growth per month for the nxt 3 month make sense.?( so like 80% by 8 months)

Edited by don174

• 1 month later...