Young hair transplant victim of recommended doctor, seeking help in repair

I am a young hair transplant victim in deep depression, desperately seeking for help and advice. I opened this thread here, because I have been a victim of a doctor who is recommended here but do not wish to share his identity yet. Once I will, I will post this to the hair restoration patent experience forum as well.

I wanted to share my story so others can avoid the mistakes I did. If it is too long to read but you might be able to help me or to guide me to someone who can help, please scroll down to the part where I describe my present situation. Any help is greatly appreciated. You might literally save my life.

My Story

I was around 17-18 years old when I started losing my hair. I always feared this moment in my life, because my brother and father both have aggressive hair loss. I was in denial, I thought this cannot happen to me, anyway, my hair color and texture is different so I will not lose my hair.

But of course I started to lose it. It sent me into a deep depression, it shattered my confidence and I could not focus on my life, I became obsessed with my hair loss. I was the guy, who did not want to go swimming with his friends, who hated the wind when it blew, and got freaked out when someone touched his hair. To sum up, it reduced my life quality significantly. I was always hiding, and not living life to the fullest.

My way of coping with it was to focus on my education, and vision a future when I will solve this problem and become happy again. I think that’s when I have decided to have a hair transplant at some point in my future, when it will miraculously solve everything, and life will be great again. WORST DECISION OF MY LIFE.

Fast forward to this year, I am 26 years old, finished university, and not yet started to build my carrier. I thought it was the perfect timing to get the hair transplant done. I thought it will boost my confidence, which is ultimately an investment in myself that will pay off in the long run. I could put some money aside, but obviously not enough to go to a top doctor.

So I started researching, and found a doctor who was highly recommended here, an ISHRS member, and affordable. I thought bingo, that is my guy (I don’t want to tell his name yet, but I probably will later). I sent him photos of my hair loss - probably was a norwood 3 at that time - and he recommended a FUE surgery of 2500 grafts.

I could barely pay for it with all my savings, but I did not care. Obviously I did not do a thorough research, I was so focused on the envisioned bright future that will come after I repaired my hair. I visited him, told him the family history of hair loss, and that I wanted something that would frame my face better, and that I do not want to take propecia for the rest of my life.

Obviously I was the worst candidate for the procedure. I was 26 years old with a highly receded hairline, and a family history of aggressive mpb. But I was in denial. I still had a fair amount of hair on the top of my head – or at least that is what I thought - which was long so I thought I only lost my hair in the front. But I was dead wrong.

The doctor took a quick look at my hair, and confirmed that I need 2500 grafts to the front, (for which I have already payed for...) He didn’t warn me about my ongoing thinning in a norwood 5 area, and neither did he tell me how much donor I have, or to be extremely conservative and careful. He either didn’t care, or did not take the time to properly assess me. I don’t know which is worse. He drew a new hairline on my head, and rushed me into a decision. Obviously I loved the new youthful hairline (who woudn’t) and believed and accepted everything he told me. Yes, I was a fool, but I think it was also unethical what he did.

Just a little add on: the hairline was clearly asymmetrical, I pointed it out, but I was told, that it is just a plan and they will take care of it during the operation. Major red flag, but I still believed it. I looked into a mirror after the operation and it was left asymmetrical, but I was told it just looks asymmetrical due to the swelling. I still believed it..

I went home, and felt happy for a while, little did I know, that the problems will just start to arise. I went through some major scabbing, but I was told it was ok. Then after I lost all my transplanted hair, I started to develop redness, pimples and red spots all over my recipient area. I was told it was ok. At some point I was told to take ciprofloxacin 500 which is an antibiotic against folliculitis, but I was told everything was fine. At this point I have to tell that I am a fairly healthy guy with no problem with healing what so ever.

Days and weeks went by but my situation did not improve, I had red spots, and inflammation in my recipient area, but I was told it is normal. I planned for 3 weeks of recovery time (as it is normal) but the weeks and months just kept on going without improvement. I had to come up with excuses, why I am avoiding my friends, and started to slip into depression from the isolation and the solitude. But the worst was still to come..

As my hair started to grow, for the first time in my life, I could clearly see the norwood 5 pattern which was developing, and I was angry and shocked. How could this happen? Why didn’t they tell me? Why didn’t they refuse me or at least told me to be very conservative with the hairline and the graft count? If I know what was going on, I would have never had the procedure.

----- PLEASE SCROLL HERE IF IT IS TOO LONG TO READ -------

That was it. I fell into major depression. At 3 months after the FUE surgery of 2500 grafts, I am left with an asymmetrical hairline that is way too low with red spots all over, and a butchered donor area. Yes, the donor is also ruined, either the punch size was too big, or the pattern was not careful enough but there are clear signs of overharvestation in certain areas. I am furious at the doctor and angry at myself. Why couldn’t I accept the way I looked before? Now I would give everything to undo the whole thing and just be who I was before. As it turns out, I am going to bald in a norwood 5 pattern anyway. I am suffering from major depression, I can’t sleep, I wake up every 3 hours shaking and crying. I honestly don’t know what to do, I feel like my whole life is ruined. If I didn’t have my family to support me I don’t know what could have happened...

I am seeking your help in desperation. What options do I have now? How could I repair the damage? Is there any way to return to how I was before? Honestly, I would not mind balding anymore, I just want to shave my head and get on with my life. I probably should have done it years ago. Hair loss is a fight that just eats you up inside, I just want to free myself from it. I just don’t want to be scarred for life due to the biggest mistake of my life.

What I have read about so far:

1. FUE punching out the grafts and either lose them or place them somewhere else, maybe back to my donor or on my vertex?

My concerns:

How much scarring would that cause? Can you FUE out the grafts without causing wounds around the hairline? Maybe if the punch is small enough? I don’t care about transection. When can I do that, I am assuming I still have to wait for wound healing and see how much of the transplanted hair will eventually grow.

My questions:

Who should I turn to, who is the best?

In the meanwhile, what should I do to heal the best way possible both in the donor and the recipient are? Should I avoid sunlight can I avoid hypopygmentation? Should I have ACELL therapy, I am still in the fairly early phase of the wound healing.

2. Electrolysis to remove the hair

My concerns: Wounding, discoloration of the skin?

My questions: Who should I turn to?

3. Laser removal of the hair.

4. Fraxel laser on the recipient (and maybe donor) wounds to make the skin better.

My questions: Who should I turn to, who is the best?

5. SMP into the donor scars and maybe to the recipient scars once the hair is removed.

This is probably way down the road and my least concern at the moment. I can live with the donor scars for a while, I am more concerned about the problem in the front.

As I am 3 months post operation, I am healing, Can I do anything to heal the best possible way, so later the repair will be more successful?

That is the end of my story I wanted to share my story so others can avoid the mistakes I did. If you might be able to help me or to guide me to someone who can help, please do so, either here, or through email: paleocapa89@gmail.com. Any help is greatly appreciated. You might literally save my life.

My heart really goes out to you, and this is such a useful cautionary tale for other young people thinking about transplants. You'll get some good suggestions on here, but the best thing for you to do is to visit, in person, a fantastic surgeon who does lots of repair work. They'll have the most informed feedback on your options. I would highly recommend Ray Konior in Chicago. He's completed some phenomenal repair work, but is also highly recognized as one of the most professional and highly ethical guys in the business. He would never steer a patient wrong, and he'll have your best interest at heart every step of the way. I would reach out to him soon.

Also, were you taking a DHT inhibitor at the time of your procedure?

So sorry to hear about your situation but you are only 3 months post op I don't doubt what you're saying but at 3 months even if you had a fantastic transplant most people are in the middle of the ugly duckling stage I thought my hair had been over harvested at the sides above the ear but it was just a bit of shock -loss and it grew back no problem .

I have found a lot of young guys freak out post op I'm afraid the waiting is the hard part it's not for the faint hearted ,

i 'm no expert but regarding after care staying out of direct sun is advised always wear a hat,

the bottom line is you're going to have to wait 12 months before you can make any serious decisions about what steps you may need to take, I hope things are not as bad as you perceive them to be but of course I understand your depression most of the guys on here with have a strong empathy with you try to be positive 3 months is just the beginning

The doctor took a quick look at my hair, and confirmed that I need 2500 grafts to the front, (for which I have already payed for...) He didn’t warn me about my ongoing thinning in a norwood 5 area, and neither did he tell me how much donor I have, or to be extremely conservative and careful. He either didn’t care, or did not take the time to properly assess me. I don’t know which is worse. He drew a new hairline on my head, and rushed me into a decision. Obviously I loved the new youthful hairline (who woudn’t) and believed and accepted everything he told me. Yes, I was a fool, but I think it was also unethical what he did.

This is just wrong. All recommended doctors should be obligated to tell a patient the full story about hair loss and MPB progression. Also should be obligated to discuss donor numbers etc. etc.

That being said, at 3 months you are still early and in the "ugly duckling" stage. Your hair should look a LOT better in 4 months or so. This is part of the process of the new growth. One thing I would say is to get on propecia asap. Itll help you hold on to your hair for years longer and thicken up what you have. About the overall situation you could go see a therapist. Find a nice one. they are good to talk to and might help you relax and sleep better. Again you will be looking better in a few months. Hang in there.

I am a young hair transplant victim in deep depression, desperately seeking for help and advice. I opened this thread here, because I have been a victim of a doctor who is recommended here but do not wish to share his identity yet. Once I will, I will post this to the hair restoration patent experience forum as well.

I wanted to share my story so others can avoid the mistakes I did. If it is too long to read but you might be able to help me or to guide me to someone who can help, please scroll down to the part where I describe my present situation. Any help is greatly appreciated. You might literally save my life.

My Story

I was around 17-18 years old when I started losing my hair. I always feared this moment in my life, because my brother and father both have aggressive hair loss. I was in denial, I thought this cannot happen to me, anyway, my hair color and texture is different so I will not lose my hair.

But of course I started to lose it. It sent me into a deep depression, it shattered my confidence and I could not focus on my life, I became obsessed with my hair loss. I was the guy, who did not want to go swimming with his friends, who hated the wind when it blew, and got freaked out when someone touched his hair. To sum up, it reduced my life quality significantly. I was always hiding, and not living life to the fullest.

My way of coping with it was to focus on my education, and vision a future when I will solve this problem and become happy again. I think that’s when I have decided to have a hair transplant at some point in my future, when it will miraculously solve everything, and life will be great again. WORST DECISION OF MY LIFE.

Fast forward to this year, I am 26 years old, finished university, and not yet started to build my carrier. I thought it was the perfect timing to get the hair transplant done. I thought it will boost my confidence, which is ultimately an investment in myself that will pay off in the long run. I could put some money aside, but obviously not enough to go to a top doctor.

So I started researching, and found a doctor who was highly recommended here, an ISHRS member, and affordable. I thought bingo, that is my guy (I don’t want to tell his name yet, but I probably will later). I sent him photos of my hair loss - probably was a norwood 3 at that time - and he recommended a FUE surgery of 2500 grafts.

I could barely pay for it with all my savings, but I did not care. Obviously I did not do a thorough research, I was so focused on the envisioned bright future that will come after I repaired my hair. I visited him, told him the family history of hair loss, and that I wanted something that would frame my face better, and that I do not want to take propecia for the rest of my life.

Obviously I was the worst candidate for the procedure. I was 26 years old with a highly receded hairline, and a family history of aggressive mpb. But I was in denial. I still had a fair amount of hair on the top of my head – or at least that is what I thought - which was long so I thought I only lost my hair in the front. But I was dead wrong.

Just a little add on: the hairline was clearly asymmetrical, I pointed it out, but I was told, that it is just a plan and they will take care of it during the operation. Major red flag, but I still believed it. I looked into a mirror after the operation and it was left asymmetrical, but I was told it just looks asymmetrical due to the swelling. I still believed it..

I went home, and felt happy for a while, little did I know, that the problems will just start to arise. I went through some major scabbing, but I was told it was ok. Then after I lost all my transplanted hair, I started to develop redness, pimples and red spots all over my recipient area. I was told it was ok. At some point I was told to take ciprofloxacin 500 which is an antibiotic against folliculitis, but I was told everything was fine. At this point I have to tell that I am a fairly healthy guy with no problem with healing what so ever.

Days and weeks went by but my situation did not improve, I had red spots, and inflammation in my recipient area, but I was told it is normal. I planned for 3 weeks of recovery time (as it is normal) but the weeks and months just kept on going without improvement. I had to come up with excuses, why I am avoiding my friends, and started to slip into depression from the isolation and the solitude. But the worst was still to come..

As my hair started to grow, for the first time in my life, I could clearly see the norwood 5 pattern which was developing, and I was angry and shocked. How could this happen? Why didn’t they tell me? Why didn’t they refuse me or at least told me to be very conservative with the hairline and the graft count? If I know what was going on, I would have never had the procedure.

----- PLEASE SCROLL HERE IF IT IS TOO LONG TO READ -------

That was it. I fell into major depression. At 3 months after the FUE surgery of 2500 grafts, I am left with an asymmetrical hairline that is way too low with red spots all over, and a butchered donor area. Yes, the donor is also ruined, either the punch size was too big, or the pattern was not careful enough but there are clear signs of overharvestation in certain areas. I am furious at the doctor and angry at myself. Why couldn’t I accept the way I looked before? Now I would give everything to undo the whole thing and just be who I was before. As it turns out, I am going to bald in a norwood 5 pattern anyway. I am suffering from major depression, I can’t sleep, I wake up every 3 hours shaking and crying. I honestly don’t know what to do, I feel like my whole life is ruined. If I didn’t have my family to support me I don’t know what could have happened...

I am seeking your help in desperation. What options do I have now? How could I repair the damage? Is there any way to return to how I was before? Honestly, I would not mind balding anymore, I just want to shave my head and get on with my life. I probably should have done it years ago. Hair loss is a fight that just eats you up inside, I just want to free myself from it. I just don’t want to be scarred for life due to the biggest mistake of my life.

What I have read about so far:

1. FUE punching out the grafts and either lose them or place them somewhere else, maybe back to my donor or on my vertex?

My concerns:

How much scarring would that cause? Can you FUE out the grafts without causing wounds around the hairline? Maybe if the punch is small enough? I don’t care about transection. When can I do that, I am assuming I still have to wait for wound healing and see how much of the transplanted hair will eventually grow.

My questions:

Who should I turn to, who is the best?

In the meanwhile, what should I do to heal the best way possible both in the donor and the recipient are? Should I avoid sunlight can I avoid hypopygmentation? Should I have ACELL therapy, I am still in the fairly early phase of the wound healing.

2. Electrolysis to remove the hair

3. Laser removal of the hair.

4. Fraxel laser on the recipient (and maybe donor) wounds to make the skin better.

My questions: Who should I turn to, who is the best?

5. SMP into the donor scars and maybe to the recipient scars once the hair is removed.

This is probably way down the road and my least concern at the moment. I can live with the donor scars for a while, I am more concerned about the problem in the front.

As I am 3 months post operation, I am healing, Can I do anything to heal the best possible way, so later the repair will be more successful?

That is the end of my story I wanted to share my story so others can avoid the mistakes I did. If you might be able to help me or to guide me to someone who can help, please do so, either here, or through email: paleocapa89@gmail.com. Any help is greatly appreciated. You might literally save my life.

If you are only at 3 months, it is way too early to rule the procedure a failure. Rather give it to 6 months and then re-assess then. You may have had shockloss in the donor area as well which is distorting the loook of that. You should also find out how much donor supply you do have, as if this is truly a failure, it can give you a better idea on how many grafts you can do in the future to repair or follow the hair loss. Remember you also have the option to move onto BHT once grafted out. In order to maximise grafts, you may want to even consider having FUT as your next procedure until being striped out and then switching back to FUE. Finally, you definitely need to remain on Propecia for as long as you want to retain your existing hair. I think its unethical for your surgeon to have operated on you without that as a condition. I say calm yourself down to a panic, go for another consultation to assess your lifetime supply of grafts, wait until you get out of the ugly duckling phase and into the growth stage _ for me around 4.5 months, and try be optimistic. Surgeons like Hasson & Wong do outstanding repairs if need be. Also, you always have the option of supplementing a HT with SMP. You are not the first patient to have an unsuccessful procedure, and there are tons of repair options. Also, 2,500 grafts was a very conservative graft count, so I am sure you still have available grafts. The average patient has around 6,000. So please please post some pics and calm down to a panic - it may not be a grim as you believe - still very early days. we are all here to support you

I agree with the other posters -- it's way too early to call this a failure just yet. But to answer your question, I think your "out" is to buzz your head and get smp in the donor and possibly other areas to make everything look uniform. If you go down that road, I would talk to Nicole at Shapiro Medical Group in Minnesota. I've seen her work in person and it's amazing. She also posts on here so you can see some cases.

Best of luck....

Hi mate

Sorry to hear your feeling this way, hair loss sucks and really affects your life and confidence! I have always obsessed about it and still do after having a successful fue procedure done, I think sometimes we always will!

That said, the reality here is you cannot judge it yet, you really can't! At 3 months I had a pretty much bald pink receipt area and bald patches through my donor from severe shockloss! And I mean bald! Everything recovered fine, my donor looks almost unchanged even at a 1 guard shave my receipt grew in steadily month by month and the biggest change was between 8 and 12 months so just relax, try and not panic! Even if a 12 months your not satisfied it's fixable, you haven't had a mega session so you will have donor reserves but try not to freak out! Seriously everything can work out great! There is a thread on here from a diep patient midnight spy check his 18 month result and check his monthly progress pictures at 3 months he had little to no hair in the recipient but at 18 months the guys elvis!

I understand your anxiousness.

However, at 3 months post FUE most of us have no hair and I can understand you completely.

You find hundreds and hundreds of hairs on the floor and nothing on you head!

Just hang in there at least 3 more months and that means only 40% of hair growths.

ah mate, so sorry to hear your story, please please please just wait another 8 or 9 weeks Im sure things will be alot better then.

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

Thanks for the support, it really means a lot. I will go to a therapist next week to help me process all that I went through and possibly help me get on with my life. But I know that I will never feel complete again until I undo this horrible thing. This makes me feel way worse than hair loss have ever made me feel.

You are right that I am still early in the recovery and if the constant redness and inflammation haven't killed most of my grafts I can still get a good result but even if I do I will always be chasing my hair loss until my donor depletes completely.

The sad thing is that I had a good donor (or so was I told) and I could have probably evaded complete baldness with careful and conservative donor management. Now I am left with a low hairline and thinning all over top.

I will make some photos and upload them soon.

Yea. upload some good photos. That'll help. Also you might only have temporary shock loss and that would be the reason for the thinning. That means it would come back again. Also Propecia will really help you keep what you have. might be worth considering.

keep checking here. there is a lot to learn and you still have options. Hang in there.

Hey mate,

I have same story and i m post 45 days 3650 fue today was my first session of misotherapy which was extremly painful everyhting is red again like i did the surgery again i m so depress same like you, and i had today many meetings in my works and it was so embarresed.

HT for me now was totally wrong i m also toward norwood 5 and even 7. It was a huge mistake for me also and i wish if i accept the baldness. But now what is done is done

I m trying to be positive as much as i can but the depress attack again. The problem now is not in HT but in ourself to accept the reality. I m trying to think of people who has disabilities or who loose part of their bodies or who had accidents that burn and distort their faces, people who have serious diseases, those people are facing the world and continue their life.

Our problem is that we are trying to beat ourself that this was a big mistake, unforgiven one and we try to punish ourself because of that. But even if we return to the point of making HT decision believe me we will do it again and again and again, before 5 minutes of my surgey when they were shaving my head i had an inner voice told me this is all wrong, you still have the option to comeback but i ignore it because i want it i imagin myself with my old hair and i do had a great hair, now i lost 80% from baldness beast and here i am, i was blind like many others and now also we are trying to keep ourself blind from reality. You did what you want to do you tried something you want it like anything else in this world, it was wrong so let it be, some people makes tattos and when they have infection they blame themself also, other try to climb mountains and end up with serious injuries. So shit happen to everyone but in different scenarios and from these situations we grow up and see that is life, it is not always smooth and wonderful and shit will hit us also not only other people or neighbors

We are human and human make mistakes, and this type of mistake is not the end of the world, it is just a cosmetic problem so there are many options in the future to fix it and being acceptable by anyone. We still can have another surgery or we can buzz it or even shave it, and fue should give us this privilege,

The problem is not now what it is on our head but it is within our head and here the real battle. Can we bear the pain? can we bear people starring on us now or make silly comments? do we have patience? Are we really strong minded to ignore what happen and focus on our life? If you ask me now, i m not, some moments i m up and many others i m down and depress. But everyday i m trying to focus on those thoughts so it sometime gives me some relieve. i will not allow to this experience to ruin me, i still have many things to do in my life. Time will heal everything even worst moments in your life like parents death

now to save your hair, i do not recommed using finestride or propecia like other people said. This my opinion do not try to fix a small problem with huge mistake even the chance to hit you is 1%, you have a depression now and easily you can take this decison thinking this will solve your problem.

For me i learnt my lesson. and i m trying to accept the worst scenario, You can keep what you have by many other products like minoxidil, prp, mesotherapy, vitamens, and natural dht blocker so you can make your own hair regime after making a good research and there is a chance to save what you have as long as possible but finestride can destroy your life, its the hermon level that you play with here and you will take this med for a long long time. So definetly there will be an effect if it s now or in the future. After all people will loose the battle with baldness with fin or without it the diffence is in time now or after 3, 5 or 15 years even the transplant hair you may loss it sometime in your life

paleocapa89,

I understand your fears and concerns. But, as has already been pointed out by several others, you are much too early in the process to tell anything about how your result will turn out. Three months is just the beginning of early growth.

Bear in mind that some guys grow quickly and others grow slowly. While you may see significant changes as early as 6 months, it can take 8, 10 or more. You will want to wait the full your before assessing your result.

Please do sahre some photos so that we can better advise you.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

IF he was a recommended doctor, the chances of over harvested donor area or very large punch size would be low. You probably have shock loss. The pimples you are seeing are a good sign! Those are mostly ingrown hairs and hairs should emerge from from them. If you haven't started please start taking biotin and propecia. I agree the doctor should have developed a long term plan with you but you should still be in good shape for hts in the future.

Sam23

Thank you for the encouraging words. In a way, you are right, this is 'just' a cosmetic problem, but I can't find my peace with it. I would much rather be bald then be the guy who scarred himself due to his insecurities.

Post transplant depression is a very real thing in my opinion, and you might be suffering from it, but you might have a great result at the end. I do think that for many people a hair transplant can be a life altering change for the better.

I am angry because I have evaluated the costs and benefits of a transplant at my age, and I thought it would be worth it if I win 5-7 years of confidence in this stage of my life. Who knows maybe they will find a cure by then. I was willing to take that risk, when I thought I only had a recession at the front.

Now that I can clearly see that I am balding in a norwood 5-6 pattern and I was not warned about it and the doctor created a very youthful hairline for me using up 2500 of my grafts, I am furious. I think it was either highly unethical of him or it was due to negligence. If I was properly told about my level of thinning I would have walked right out of the door. Hell, I would have not cared about the loss of money either. I might get the best growth in 10-15 months but the costs and benefits are hugely different now. I bought myself 1-2 years of good hair and a lifetime of misery and repair work.

I am sure there are ethical doctors out there, and I do not wish to curse the whole hair transplant industry but I have learned that you can not trust someone just because he is recommended, have good reviews and an ISHRS member. And I feel like a fool.

• Like 1

Sam23

Thank you for the encouraging words. In a way, you are right, this is 'just' a cosmetic problem, but I can't find my peace with it. I would much rather be bald then be the guy who scarred himself due to his insecurities.

Post transplant depression is a very real thing in my opinion, and you might be suffering from it, but you might have a great result at the end. I do think that for many people a hair transplant can be a life altering change for the better.

I am angry because I have evaluated the costs and benefits of a transplant at my age, and I thought it would be worth it if I win 5-7 years of confidence in this stage of my life. Who knows maybe they will find a cure by then. I was willing to take that risk, when I thought I only had a recession at the front.

Now that I can clearly see that I am balding in a norwood 5-6 pattern and I was not warned about it and the doctor created a very youthful hairline for me using up 2500 of my grafts, I am furious. I think it was either highly unethical of him or it was due to negligence. If I was properly told about my level of thinning I would have walked right out of the door. Hell, I would have not cared about the loss of money either. I might get the best growth in 10-15 months but the costs and benefits are hugely different now. I bought myself 1-2 years of good hair and a lifetime of misery and repair work.

I am sure there are ethical doctors out there, and I do not wish to curse the whole hair transplant industry but I have learned that you can not trust someone just because he is recommended, have good reviews and an ISHRS member. And I feel like a fool.

They won't find a cure in 5-7 years. I really think you need to calm down. Its very tough to know and predict future hairloss. Like I said before, worst case scenario is you shave your head and some SMP. Another option is you FUE that hairline and push it back later on if you really need to. For now, please please go for therapy and try not worry about it until another 3 months, at which stage go out and enjoy that youthful hairline

They won't find a cure in 5-7 years. I really think you need to calm down. Its very tough to know and predict future hairloss. Like I said before, worst case scenario is you shave your head and some SMP. Another option is you FUE that hairline and push it back later on if you really need to. For now, please please go for therapy and try not worry about it until another 3 months, at which stage go out and enjoy that youthful hairline

Agree wth Goose - er I mean Mav, or is that Iceman?

Seriously though, sounds like you are just going through some buyers remorse - just try be patient, 2,500 wasn't a significant number of grafts & you have repair options if the procedure has worked out badly. Hang in there mate

Many experts have already given their advices, please post some pictures asap

My advice is be patient you have just passed Ugly Duckling phase now you may see growth. Who knows after 6 or may be one year you may be satisfied with your HT!

And don't stress, stress hormones are bad for Hair so try to be calm and be patient!

And remember it's not end of the world there are many options available.

So please relax

Thank you for the support. I am going throught some really hard times. I just want to regain control over my life and repair the stupidest mistake I have ever done.

In this picture you can clearly see my future balding pattern which I was not aware of and was not told of by the doctor either. Instead he placed 2500 grafts on my hairline. That is the pink, dotted area in the front (after 2.5 months) . It makes me furious.

GAkXUUc-6nPDjlB7cuegFILP47WvFYm8mb11hRwMa4Q_2_FiZZ9gPFu5uFA2sbX2RY6N7lz6G1h428o=w1342-h523-rw

The picture isn't showing. While I do agree that the doctor should of discussed a long term plan with you, I do think its also our responsibility to at least study about baldness and how it is a progressive condition. Are you on propercia? Propecia can preserve many of your native hairs for many years as well.

You are right, the picture is not showing, I have created an album and uploaded some pictures there, I will add some more soon.

And you are also right that I should have been aware of my thinning, however, before the procedure I had long hair and I didn't know what was going on. I think it would have been the doctors responsibility to point it out to me and either refuse to operate on me or create a long term plan with me.

This did not happen, I have already paid for 2500 grafts in advance and when I met the doctor he just drew a new hairline on my head using up all the grafts I have paid for and rushed me into a decision. It is much more disturbing if you add the fact that I have clearly articulated that I will do anything to preserve what I have but I do not want to take Propecia for the rest of my life.

I know I was naive and uneducated, but I also think that the monetary gains were the most important to my doctor.

i checked your pictures i think thery are not bad and your hairline is normal not agressive, and you did not use so much grafts so you still can manage one or two surgeries in the future or as you had Fue you can shave it, ask your doctore what are the punches size that he used.

Also, as your doctor is recommended and ISHRS and has many successful cases, so that' means you choose well and you should have faith in your doctor.

See, the better solution for you and me now is not look for yesterday mistake and nor for unknown future just focus on today and try to forget it, make your self busy with anything sport, food, video games,..., anything and stop looking to the mirror, i m in the same situation like you i have the same fears what if my native hair fall and end up with transplant hair, there is no magic answer for this, but there is a curse words "What IF" and " Fin" so do not bother yourself thinking so much, maybe you will not live to see all your hair fall or you will have many troubles and things to think about them at that time, and i believe shaving or buzzing or even another HT will be good pretty much. You will be able to manage it somehow so do not worry, there are cases from 90's with huge plugs and they had later good results, and definetly our cases are not like them.

Worry will not solve anything. There are million of people and many celebrities on the same boat with you whether under Fin or not all will loss the battle at the end with different time

Looked at the pics, I actually think you are fine mate. Your surgeon was correct to pack the grafts into the frontal 3rd. That will give you the best aestetic effect, and I think you should be able to go for a 2nd pass in the next couple of years to to take care of future thining and the mid-scalp region. In addition, I think Propecia will take care of the crown/vertix area. Maybe even some SMP into the crown/vertex area. The approach your surgeon took is consistent with what one would expect in your case. If anything he could have used more grafts to go back further into the midscalp region, but looks like he is saving those for future procedures as your balding developes. You definitely do not want to be using precious grafts on the back part of the head, he was correct to address the frontal 3rd. Like I said, get onto Propecia ASAP, and I think aestetically, if the growth goes well, it will be a solid result with grafts saved up in the bank for future procedures. Who was your surgeon?

paleocapa89,

I share your pain, Looking at your hairline it doesn't look to low and like others have said, its way to early to judge. Give it several months and post some updates. You really need to give Fin some consideration.

Being mislead by a recommended doctor is not a great feeling. Stay strong and hopefully things will turn out better after a few more months.

All the best!