Look worse 6 months post op then pre-op

BluEMoOn

I had my FUE procedure with Dr Hakan Doganay February 2015. So the 6 month mark is coming any day now.

The problem is that there isnt much happening and I my hair is in fact worse now then pre op. I have had some shock loss, and almost none new growth yet.

The pictures i have posted do lie a bit. The pre-op picture looks better then it actually is and the 5.5 month picture looks worse then it is. But it DOESNT change the fact that my hair look worse now then pre-op.

What should I do?

Pre-op

O4R6R1l.jpg

5.5 month mark

C1Iv8DN.jpg

Wait is all about you can do. I had a poor result with dr Feriduni. I'm 12 months out but truthfully all you can do is wait. A better pre and post opp pic would be helpful to let us better see where you were at and where you are at now. Email the doc. Send good quality pics. Not camera phone pics under poor lighting. Document you progress and go from there.

• Administrators

How many grafts did you get? Body hair or scalp? Where were the grafts placed? Looks like the hairline is thick just everything behind the hairline. It could be shock loss, was your hair loss stabilized before the orocedure? I'm going to Dr. Dogonay this the first time I've seen anything remotely bad. Although it's still only 6 months, my fear is that perhaps you didn't get enough grafts, and maybe the shock loss was hair that was already on its way out, usually that hair doesn't grow back. Best to check with the doctor get his thoughts.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I got 3500 scalp grafts. Been on medicine for 10-15 years. Currently on Avodart + 2 x minox, MSM, Biotin and nizoral. H

I sent an email to the clinic, but havent got a response yet.

The pre-op picture show exactly how it is. The post op picture isnt that good unfortantly, but that doesnt change the fact that I am still in the "ugly duckling fase" 6 months after the procedure.

BluEMoOn,

I'm sorry to hear that your growth to date has not met your expectations. Bett quality pics would be nice but it certainly appears more sparse now than before. Also, it would be great if you could provide some pics showing graft placement.

Your shock loss is more than likely temporary but only time will tell. As stated above, the only thing you can do at this stage is wait out the full year and see where you end up though I do know that advice brings little comfort.

I'm going to reach out to Dr. Doganay. As a recommended physician, he has a stellar reputation for standing behind his work and, if your results are truly subpar after a year, I'm certain he'll do whatever is necessary to make sure you get the outcome you deserve.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

How many grafts did you get? Body hair or scalp? Where were the grafts placed? Looks like the hairline is thick just everything behind the hairline. It could be shock loss, was your hair loss stabilized before the orocedure? I'm going to Dr. Dogonay this the first time I've seen anything remotely bad. Although it's still only 6 months, my fear is that perhaps you didn't get enough grafts, and maybe the shock loss was hair that was already on its way out, usually that hair doesn't grow back. Best to check with the doctor get his thoughts.

i've seen a few patients post poor growth with Dr Doganay

some of the users on this forum with poor growth were bfa316, xkos48 and buzz2, this put me off him and I chose a different surgeon for my own ht

• Administrators

Has he responded? I'm interested to see what he has to say, there's this guy named adamo a rahal patient at 6 months he has zero growth but then at a year his growth was good, so stay optimistic could be just slow growth mixed with shock loss, by 10 months re-evaluate. Also, I don't think the avodart and fin is working for you anymore, try RU58841 have you done the dermaroller and minoxidil?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

The clinic has been in contact with me. They wanted better pictures, so I ill try to give them that.

I have no doubt in my mind that the clinic will do everything in their power to make this ok.

@mariaabril: Several doctor estimated that 3500 should be enough with my current hairloss.

• 1 month later...

Update 29.09.15

I am now 7 months and one week post op and I am sooooo happy with my result, knowing I have some months left of growth. I hereby want to say sorry to Dr Hakan for doubting his skills hehe...

Will post pictures when I reach 8 months.

• Administrators

Wow happy for you, guess you're just a late grower, that's why I think it's important to allow the full 12 months before making judgements, eager to see updated pics.

View my thread

Update 29.09.15

I am now 7 months and one week post op and I am sooooo happy with my result, knowing I have some months left of growth. I hereby want to say sorry to Dr Hakan for doubting his skills hehe...

Good news.:cool:

Hope you're a late grower and had a bunch of new hair on your scalp over the last month. You were worried just a bit ago and after you talked to the clinic you seemed ecstatic with the results.... I just want to make sure the clinic isnt influencing your posting. Hope you have a great result.

You only live once...

Update 29.09.15

I certainly hope that your situation has improved as I do wish you the best outcome and results !

:) I do find it strange that you seemed extremely unhappy after posting 5.5 month post op pics in which you described yourself as looking worse than before the surgery only to do a 180 in such a very short period of time. It does not seem possible you could have achieved that much growth in such a short period of time given where you were before. You now say how happy you are with the outcome and even apologized after stating you contacted the doctor. Why no pics now to show the change and drastic improvement ? I am not one to make accusations, but this seems as if you might have been put in a situation by the doctor to force you to make your new statement.

Being someone who came to this forum to get impartial and honest information about surgery results and doctors, it is very concerning to me that this could have happened. I have noticed several instances of negative experiences and poor results getting glossed over on the forum by representatives. I would hate to think you were coerced into making your statements by the doctor saying he would only perform another procedure free of charge if you would retract your previously held opinions. It would be nice to know what happened here and get the details. Without seeing photos at the time you stated your new position, it would appear as though my suspicions are correct. On the other hand, if you show us a true and drastic change at this point in time to validate your new opinion it would be awesome and help ease the minds of those in a similar situation and those on the fence about getting a HT.

Photos? I've seen Dr Hakan and not really impressed with my result as it's coming up to the 2year mark

and I've stated so in my HT Blog.

People should be informed of this type of information as some people might be on the fence to seeing him this would make them jump off the fence

Agreed. Photos need to be posted. Speaking on behalf of my poor result With dr Feriduni one needs to post pics to substantiate the work. If I had a great result I'd be posting pics like crazy!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Update 29.09.15

Hello BlueMooN

It is very nice to hear that you are happy however can you please update some pictures over here otherwise Users will not believe you therefore I invite you here to update some clear pictures

Thanks

I am not medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice