Michael Vories, MD FUE 3000 Grafts

Another 6 month follow up that came in yesterday after a two consecutive day 3000 graft session. Patient has stable hair loss with no medication. 0.85 mm serrated Vortex punch used with manual extraction, and grafts placed with Hans Lion Implanters. Grafts were focused in the frontal forelock, with integration of a modest amount of grafts with existing hair in midscalp and vertex. All grafts extracted and placed by the physician.

01.jpg.a9da90d7a2fa566f58c4fdcc0381368b.jpg

02.jpg.78887fe4e5c06458ca5a7fafc0f8798e.jpg

03.jpg.7eb836ba460cbb9e8eed9d46b3f941a9.jpg

04.jpg.4f0b7f140873ed817bba4f6c263b8de9.jpg

05.jpg.524b54cf2a0833df5281f4ffa1667a48.jpg

06.jpg.99dce91f863928a1c47b9e9da69af5d3.jpg

07.jpg.714de4167c310557f0282f6900ee7686.jpg

08.jpg.c2f7c1da977cc37ae6d4029a017c3d57.jpg

09.jpg.ba22beb58571d9df0a5dcf09bfe29d25.jpg

10.jpg.54a3f6f904f21d6be4cb7fd68b5b7004.jpg

11.jpg.76285bf1520197d3932a2d54b64fd1d5.jpg

12.jpg.d630254b209c0c4090c31d63f1ee06a5.jpg

13.jpg.b432c083629dc836e17241aa3d67f68f.jpg

Nicely done! Thanks for sharing.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Very High quality work again. Excellent density for only 6 months.

No sign of any wiry or kinky hair here ;)

Do you think early growth is promoted earlier using

The lion implanter? We are used to seeing general FUE growth

Take slightly longer to come in?

No sign of any wiry or kinky hair here ;)

Thinking the same, also be reading the word bouncy also.

Im trying real hard to think if this Pt had FUT how much better would it be?

Im trying real hard to think if this Pt had FUT how much better would it be?

Yea. Looking at 04.jpg I thought he might have chosen FUT but I guess he didnt need to. This is an awesome result without the linear scar. Nice.

Yep

Your right, I think it all depends on the Pt itself. & the Dr who does such, I mean he could went for FUT easy from pre op pics but he went for FUE & obvious paid off.

There again he could of gone with a average FUT Dr & had a poor result.

To see results like this it makes you stop & think right?

Yep it made me stop think a few years back before 1st surgery.

I was always prepared to have a slightly smaller yield to avoid a strip scar . In the end I don't think I did overall over 3 ops.

The thing is despite the chosen Dr there are no guarantees with EITHER procedure so I steered on the side of caution.

There are lots of unsuccessful results both FUE and FUT that don't make it online IMO. Or posters disappear to get repaired.

Don't want to derail this thread.! So kudos and great to see such quality FUE in the US

Bogger and ontop,

Don't want to derail either, but did want to comment on the "wiry/kinky" post and the strip v FUE thing (very quickly!):

I don't think, even in the most heated strip v FUE debate, you'll hear anyone say you can't achieve good results with FUE. Just more variable. And clearly, this is a nice case.

Remember the role that hair characteristics play in a hair transplant result. Patients with "salt and pepper," coarse, wavy hair -- like this gentleman -- tend to get AMAZING coverage and look good early on because any sort of wiry/kinky changes -- which are always seen between months 3-8/9 of a strip or FUE case -- wouldn't really be appreciated.

Sorry for tangent!

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Properly performed FUE, using proper punch size and Implanter Pens for placement, actually have little variability in the result. Fine hair extracted gives fine hair results, coarse hair extracted gives course hair results, just like FUT. The true variability with FUE is with African hair, where cases of extreme curl can lead to massive transection and abandonment of the procedure. That is why patients with African hair should undergo test grafting to make sure the tissue is coming out intact.

Dr Vories,

While I disagree about the variability, you bring up a good point with regard to African American FUE. Lots of angle change and curl under the skin! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Blake-

I should also point out that taking small sections of tissue with an elliptical punch has the potential to be of significant benefit to many patients of African descent. The only concern is the summation of tension of many of these relatively large punches (compared to traditional FUE), that are not closed under secondary intention. Any study of doing this kind of procedure has an obligation to include African hair, since if the scarring is truly minimal, this could provide a great benefit for all of the LeBron James out there.

Dr Vories,

Great point! We will definitely have to evaluate African American patients with our mFUE technique.

Properly performed FUE, using proper punch size and Implanter Pens for placement, actually have little variability in the result. Fine hair extracted gives fine hair results, coarse hair extracted gives course hair results, just like FUT. The true variability with FUE is with African hair, where cases of extreme curl can lead to massive transection and abandonment of the procedure. That is why patients with African hair should undergo test grafting to make sure the tissue is coming out intact.

I would have to agree with this Dr Vories. I have never seen a final FUE result have a discernible kinky hair look once the hair has cycled and blended with the native hair post 12 months.

I would think all new hair post a transplant regardless of technique can be 'kinky' in the early

Months but generally blends to match the native hair.

Bogger,

Really? I find that hard to believe. Didn't you experience growth issues with your first FUE procedure?

Regardless, I don't want to disrupt the thread further, but I spent about 5 minutes looking and found 2 examples of the "kink" past the 9 month/natural maturing mark. I'll send them to you in a PM.