INTRODUCING: Modified FUE (mFUE)

Mods should not get involved with posting there personal opions & only step in when things get out of hand...
I dont agree with this at all.

Over the years Blake and the other mods have given some great advice and helped many people with clarity and real knowledge of the ins and outs of getting a HT.

Their comments have been helpful on countless threads in this forum.

I also don't think it at all wrong to present a new idea if it could potentially help the industry move forward in even the smallest way.

I think we all agree that this is in the beta stage and with more examples that will be coming in in the next months/year we will all have a better idea of the potential of mFUE. Time will tell. No reason to jump all over it and assume it won't.

Again I think that if it has a possibility to help, it is worth exploring.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought Blake was eventually leaving his mod position...even if he isn't no conflict of interest he's telling us about a new procedure that only he and his future partner are doing,what's the difference from that and a recommended doc posting his results on here,promoting the business is all and honestly it's very intriguing I'm excited to see the future of this procedure

Claiming that he has not technically joined Dr. Feller until July is as they say in law a distinction without a difference. Nonetheless he has made his announcement public and for anyone to accept his advice now as objective is doing so after full disclosure...caveat emptor!

I also don't have a problem with him announcing a new procedure but repeating misinformation such as Dr. L charging $9.61 a graft or needing 3-5 passes over 5 years, Dr. Vories use of Neograft, and subsequent FUE procedures having lower yields and poor hair quality are in need of a fact check and do more harm to his credibility than promote it.

Edited by hairweare

Hairware....

I won't have a bad word said about the old Neo graft machine it has served me well doing. Themhard to reach garden weeds well recently & only takes me 2 or 3 passes LOL..

LOL....

The cat has gone buddy that was the first thing i tested it on, it sucked the the living day lights out of the poor guy. Wifey wasn't happy but she get over it someday LOL.

No Biggy I'm a Doggy lover anyways..LOL

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

This is interesting. Are there any results showing graft yield when mFUE is utilized? Preferably, hairline and temporal work?

Aside from other advantages, It is great these two things are mentioned and noted regarding mFUE:

*All manual tools and techniques. Nothing is motorized or automated.

*All extraction is done by the hair transplant surgeon.

David....

I try to send such a same sorta post but got kicked back.....why is that?

Why do you jump straight in if somebody says Boo to Blake? Why is that if anyone else you would leave it ride out unless it A gets out of hand or B the certain Clinic don't pay to be on here....strange that huh?

ontop,

Your post was auto-moderated because it contained a reference to a physician that we no longer host discussions about. I have removed that reference and also the one where BUSA cleverly misspelled it and approved your post.

Blake doesn't need me to defend him. The fact is that I've been watching "Keyser's" posts since the start and I find his tone unusual for a new member. No only in his replies to Blake but how he's addressed Joe Tillman

What exactly is the point of this joe?

You are not going to give a honest reveiw or rather should i say your not going to point out any shortcomings because you work for this surgeon so what is the purpose of this?

The last time i checked blake both Madrid,Spain and Manchester ,England were both still in Europe,...So what is this new fue technique you keep banging on about blake?

Maybe he's just rude. Maybe choosing the name of an enigmatic, manipulative and deceptive film gangster is not symbolic of his motivations. Who knows? Part of my job is looking for hidden agendas.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Couple of things...

This is not FUE. Please do NOT call it FUE. It has nothing to do with FUE. Putting a "m" in front of it makes no difference. It is not follicular unit extraction. All it does is make us think it is a dodgy piece of marketing to cash in on the FUE name, similar, if not worse than who ever started to call strip FUT when in fact all FUE Is FUT.

Secondly, I'm sure it will be better than strip but never forget that it might also be a tacit admission that these guys can't be bothered with FUE at all anymore. (That is real FUE I refer to) I can't blame them, because they are forced by law in New York and elsewhere in North America to extract all the follicles personally. Technicians are not allowed to.

Dr Lindsay's analysis adds nothing new, except that he reveals a fundamental ignorance of the plight of many hairless sufferers. Remember, for many of us, our strip scar is only as good as how thick our crowns are.

As for frontal scarring - it is often completely different than back scarring. I can shave my frontal strip scar on the right side to zero and it is almost impossible to see. The back is a different story.

Fibrotic scarring? Let's have look at that mammoth thread about FUT being cheaper, and we see that when really hunted down, these guys can't prove it is the problem in FUE a they allude to.

In summary, nothing new,better than strip, notin any shape or form FUE and I recommend you immediately desist from using the FUE name..you are tainting it and it is blatantly false advertising.

After viewing Dr. Lindsey's case I thought a better name for the procedure should be "mFUSS". US docs will need to come up with something better if they want to stay competitive with the ROW. Perhaps Dr. Vories should start offering preceptorships?

David

I am blunt as a freight train I am originally from yorkshire were this is the norm. Rude maybe.

Is Blake and Joe not their names? Would you rather I call them Sir ? or what?

Please tell me something I have posted that is incorect?

If people are offended by a direct to the point question I suggest they get real.

Blake has been banging on for some time about this technique

caiming it to be new when infact its not.

Would you prefer I change my name to snow white and act like her?

You said Blake can stand up for himself so let him.

The fact he is not working in partnership with Dr Feller yet is irrelevent there is still a conflict of interest as he is laying the groundwork and drumming up buisness for when he does start..

A Doctor as a moderator- A moderator plugging a (new technique) the very technique he has been working on and will shortly be gaining from financilly but of course there is no conflict!!!

At one time Dr Feller was highly regarded Dr for his fue but; that was years ago now he probably ould not e in most peoples top 5 or even 10.

Like I said I am blunt

Put it this way who would go to Dr Feller if lorenzos clinic was next door?

It would of been better if they had unveiled this (new technique) at the next ishrs conventioo

ontop,

Your post was auto-moderated because it contained a reference to a physician that we no longer host discussions about. I have removed that reference and also the one where BUSA cleverly misspelled it and approved your post.

Blake doesn't need me to defend him. The fact is that I've been watching "Keyser's" posts since the start and I find his tone unusual for a new member. No only in his replies to Blake but how he's addressed Joe Tillman

Maybe he's just rude. Maybe choosing the name of an enigmatic, manipulative and deceptive film gangster is not symbolic of his motivations. Who knows? Part of my job is looking for hidden agendas.

Wow. You’d almost think that the naysayers and personal attackers here are personally invested in FUE clinics or something. Are some of your loved ones FUE? :)

Listen, if FUE were perfect, then FUE clinics would consistently turn out cases indistinguishable from strip. That hasn’t been the case to date. Personally speaking, I can nearly always tell when the work was FUE versus when it was strip. On visual inspection, the best strip work still holds a significant edge over the best FUE work in terms of yield/density and the quality/characteristics of the matured transplanted hair. The differences can be even more pronounced when viewed in person, at least for the cases I’ve seen.

FUE outcomes have improved since the days of its infancy, but as the limited available clinical research confirms, the blind punching with tiny punches it requires and the skelotanized grafts it yields remain obstacles to consistent, strip-level yield and strip-quality matured transplanted hair characteristics — yes, even when implanter pens are used (no offense to Dr. Vories or to any other FUE doc).

So how about we withhold judgment on mFUE and dispense with casting aspersions on these docs’ integrity for giving us a peek at a nascent approach they are experimenting with? They are in the early stages of testing a harvesting method that could, conceivably, marry the best of the strip and FUE worlds. Good for them, good for us. Innovation breeds innovation. If it doesn’t pan out, que sera. What’s your beef?

1) Wow...

naysayers...

personal attackers...

Listen....

2) I can nearly always tell when the work was FUE versus when it was strip.

3) ..mFUE

4) ...casting aspersions on these docs’ integrity...

1) yes..we love hair and we hate going bald, and we hate being b&llshitted to, too!

2) No you can't. I can't tell either. None of us knows.

3) What...there is no such thing. It is a piece of sleazy marketing. FUE stands for Follicular Unit Extraction. That's right!! This is not follicular unit extraction.

4) We are in no position to judge.

Edited by scar5
i removed: It is economy extraction - kinda Costo, buy in bulk, bang for buck.

Personally I don't give a rats ass what they call it.

aslong the method works & better outcome for the Pt that's all what counts at the end of the day.

Sales pitch name? Maybe but i. Don't care i can think behond a name of any product but that's just me.

I feel that the FUT clinics are very much under presure for some time & there pts are demanding more which in the defense of the FUT clinics I feel kinda sorry for them even though there coming out with some stella results , well let's just say better than they was some 5 plus yrs ago.

Bottom line is I'm very happy to see new improved ways of doing such a complex surgery & would egg somebody on such as blake Dr Fella , Dr L for puting a great effort & time into this new project.

Like one member said time will tell & best we all wait & see what the future holds.

Yes this nitt picking is doing anybody favours & I've been one of them nitt pickers in the past which I'm sorry for & move on.

Again let's see what the futute holds & let's challenge questions to the people who is working on such.

Blake....

From what you have seen, do you see any less shockloss?

Does any of past Pts doing this method, mention any tightness on the scalp?

What % yeild V FUT strip? Maybe these Qs is to early to answer at this early time?

I'm personally baffled at the hostility to this technique. Why not let it mature and judge it on its merits? If the results are good, that is the only thing that matters, if they are not, presumably Feller & Bloxham will discard and move on.
yea thats pretty much how it works. if it doesn't hold water then ppl can whine later about it but shiit at least there are doctors out there trying new techniques.

I think ppl are confused here. I don't think their trying to re-invent the wheel here. just giving ppl additional option. how is that a bad thing?:rolleyes:

Personally I don't give a rats ass what they call it.

Yeah, I hear you there ontop - that is a pretty lame name btw, but it is much better than scar5- , but still, it is kinda even more lame if we let young Dr. Bloxam start to spam the name mFUE around because it is NOT FUE! plain and simple.

Please back up this statement. There is no getting around the fact that FUE is weaker in terms of yield, graft quality, and graft trauma.

Ok lets just look at todays posts to the forum for example. A quick glance will see 2 FUE cases as below from leading clinics in which it can easily displayed of a 90%^^ range yield. Well there are tons of these cases around these days from leading clinics any prospective patient can view. When performed at a leading clinic i don't think there is a big variation in the yield rates. And i think most patients would take a small percentage less yield which would not be noticeable in the final result in lieu of a strip scar.

Having seen plenty of results in the flesh i see no discernable difference in the quality of FUE to FUT grafts once fully grown in and matured.

I agree FUE takes longer to grow and 'bed' in for the hair to cycle. I would also highlight there are no guarantees with either procedures and there are plenty of FUT results with a poor yield to be found.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/179412-just-over-12mths-post-op-dr-jose-lorenzo.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/173413-bisanga-fue-2995-dec-2013-a-10.html

TI'm not sure who made the comment that it take 2/5 passes with FUE V 1 pass with FUT that seems a far cry imo, I do think from what I've seen that FUT has the edge by a small. % margin though.

Once grown out they are both the same & yep maybe more FUE grafts will be lost than FUT but if it gives you the look of a full head of hair on high NW surgery of say 4k grafts & no huge scar I personally would concider that deeply imo.

I'm still on the fence on both at this time but must say this new method call it what you want has defo caught my attention & i. Hope it pans out to be a success.

More results will sure come in over this next 6/12 mths so time will tell if its a hit or miss.

Edited by ontop
typo

We -- Dr Lindsey, Dr Feller, and I -- knew there would be a lot of controversy when we made the announcement. So, I was well prepared. Haha. There always will be when something challenges the status quo. I suspected it would be even more so because we were discussing a lot of aspects of traditional FUE that aren't frequently discussed online.

Once the dust clears and the initial "shock and awe" is over, it should be much less controversial. FUE is inherently shackled with a few qualities that will always create more follicle stress/strain, greater transection, and, in a lot of cases, undesirable hair characteristics. We can exchange feelings and opinions until we are blue in the face, but the data I shared on the first page is still the only conclusive, objective traditional FUE data I've found. It lays out the issues I discuss above.

Does this make traditional FUE a bad procedure? No. But, we saw an opportunity to overcome some of these "pitfalls" and offer strip-level results without the strip-level scarring (IE traditional FUE-level scarring), and ran with it.

We're very pleased with what we're seeing thus far, and think it will really serve patients well.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Blake, it does come off as somewhat presumptuous that you would be touting a new innovation when you have not shown any evidence that you have yet mastered the current state of the art technique to which you are criticizing.